Gamedev thread

How's your game coming along, Any Forums?
I'm getting ready to solodev, wish me luck

Attached: 1652048524726.png (953x494, 166.11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=by2PFzlB7eQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

trying to think of an fps horror game idea. just wanna make a small one to try my hand at it.

I haven't started. I have no clue where to begin.

How to discipline?

Attached: glue.jpg (346x482, 57.63K)

I finished the title screen and the first level, just started the second level and have ideas about what will happen in it. I have some ideas and content already made for later stages of the game as well. The rest I have not yet conceived.

In total my games have about 50 thousand downloads (but they are all free so that makes a huge difference of course).

>How's your game coming along, Any Forums?
It's not

Attached: Angry Luigi.png (510x651, 333.79K)

coding is easy as fuck
the hard part is organizing a giant project in an efficient and understandable way

Attached: 11574487da1bfc002fff3eae3239323d.jpg (285x271, 13.78K)

What is funny to me is that most of Any Forums is better than me at coding and drawing but my games have more downloads because Im better at game design and working quickly/efficiently.

Do any of you sexy nerds know any good, lightweight engines that will let me use JavaScript?

got featured in a thing
youtube.com/watch?v=by2PFzlB7eQ
58 minute mark on the dot

Attached: compthing.png (1216x585, 318.73K)

Post numbers and game genres

Attached: 1565347608386.jpg (800x720, 344.22K)

Ive been stuck in paralysis analysis for half a year.

Attached: 4ef3779a05aa9ef73fdc0aacbc58d734.jpg (600x1081, 127.02K)

Is it the 3d platformer? That one looks cool.

I made the post here: 50 thousand downloads.
0 sales.
5 million views on YouTube.
Genre: Surreal horror.

>0 sales
por que

He already said they were free downloads.

oh

My principle is that I do not want to charge people money unless I put excessive effort into making the game. On that note I also believe that I have the right to practice bad development standards and not offer support for bugs since my games are free. It's a win lose scenario. My philosophy. At least I'm not charging people though like those greedy corporations.

I do it because I like to create things and I enjoy contributing my creativity to the gaming world.

Originally I was making a 3d Sonic fangame, but it's a lot more work and I'd like to profit at least a little instead of getting cucked by Sega. Replacing the characters and plot is kinda hard though. I'd need some excuse for going across all these levels and fighting bosses. Robotnik is such a chad it's hard to compete with

Attached: iexistanddraw_1579473986[1].png (241x229, 74.73K)

I have some concepts in my head. And I'd say I'm able to program them, but I have no talent in art and music.

does anyone know where i can learn to create videogame soundeffects? i really like and want sound like warcraft 3, i feel like every free sound just dont hit the same, being to realistic or cheap sounding

Attached: EknxIWfVMAE-vec.jpg (380x382, 21.86K)

I spent a good chunk of my day designing and spriting a biblically accurate mole.

Yup. Still working on the main body, mainly focused on the outer ring bits. At first I was going to make them perfectly circular, then I realized I could have more attack potential if I make the "rings" out of individual panels that could come apart in battle, hence the segmented blocky look.

Attached: youheardme.png (116x127, 3.77K)