What happened?

What happened?

Attached: Telltale-Games-Logo-2888398241.png (1200x889, 30.64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ULy-1us8p1U
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No appreciation for their best game
youtube.com/watch?v=ULy-1us8p1U

Attached: Strong bad.png (311x483, 35.42K)

This but Sam and Max

Attached: look_sam_Im_a_reaction_image.png (407x395, 9.08K)

Got me there

Attached: Sam.png (213x248, 91.82K)

Made the same game 30 times, people quickly realized your choices mean nothing, and for a CYOA style game that's a death sentance.
They had every chance in the world to innovate or make a proper branching story but just kept doing it until the day they went bankrupt.

They only had one game that sold. All of them afterwards lost money and they went bankrupt.

Seriously, why was it so hard to make branching paths? Japanese VNs have been doing it for decades.

why put in effort if you can sell the game off the illusion of choice instead?

They may be doing it now with TWAU2. They're making other changes like releasing the entire season at once now.

Kirkbride happened

People got tired of their formula for adventure games right when they overextended for a whole bunch of different IPs.

Because they had over 400 employees to pay for games that could be made with 20~

They tried to hard to make top tier licensed games, that they forgot that they needed to be creative.
I remember thing "oh god" everytime there was a telltale announcement.

Minecraft Story Mode was their best game.

Took on too many projects at once. Fired the people that made TWD S1 as decent as it was.

Blowing an assload of money on marvel licenses, game of thrones and minecraft didn't help either.

Illusion of choice and rushed games. Took on too many projects.

they discovered a cash cow and milked it so furiously they tore the udders off.

Oversaturating their own market.

new company, so we might actually see some good changes

Releasing the same game over and over just like Piranha Bytes with their Gothic copies

What happened to game companies in the west, in general, indeed.

Attached: obsidian tragedy.jpg (869x800, 213.15K)

Elex was cool man.

well that can't be right, where'd all the men go?

This happened

Attached: Minecraft_Story_Mode_cover.jpg (220x330, 27.85K)

Neetdom due to having already made it or corporate software development with better pay and conditions.

This. Major fatigue was setting in then they just opened the flood gates. It's kinda sad how perfectly it all lined up. There's no way I could list off the top of my head all the IPs they licensed in the years leading up to their closure.
Based
also based

More like after one game you realize your choices don't matter for shit and you can actually """play""" their games in youtube without losing any content.

Elaborate.