Sony forced Salt and Sacrifice price increase on PC

>The worldwide Salt and Sacrifice price has seen a significant increase in some countries following its official release on the Epic Game Store (EGS) and PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 consoles. According to Ska Studios, this is because of Sony saw that the prices on the EGS were "much lower than Sony", and they thus forced to match the game's prices on all platforms. This is both good and bad news for different countries, because for places like Brazil have seen a 276% price increase from R$37.99 to R$104.90 . What's weird is that it isn't all bad, with Great Britain's price dropping from £15.99 GBP to £12.99.

Based Sony!!

techraptor.net/gaming/news/salt-and-sacrifice-price-changes-after-launch-for-different-regions

Attached: playstation-uk-lgbt-london-pride-sony-1.900x.jpg (900x437, 34.23K)

>Sony disincentivising buying more """soulslike hollowvania""" indie garbage
Nice

pc sharts - especially pc sharts who unironically use the epic store - deserve it.
this and kicking smash out of evo are the only good things they've done in the ryan/hulst era.

Never heard of this game
Does it have titties?

It's one of the OG "muh soulslike" 2D games.

Anyone remember that lawsuit Wolfire has with Steam claiming they are intentionally driving up prices and abusing being a "monopoly"?

Funny how I can bet they aren't going to try going after Sony now and just keep attacking Valve.

Kind of, this is the sequel that just came out. It's actually pretty shit from what I've heard, which would explain them taking the epic exclusivity deal

It doesn't matter, sirs!
It will be released for free on Epic game store eventually
Just wait for few months to redeem

Oh fuck you're right as soon as you said it was a sequel I remembered the actual name was Salt and Sanctuary. But this one is shit? EGS exclusivity would explain it if they had some closed-group testing and didn't want to put the effort into reworking and fixing it.

That's what I'm hearing at least. I'm not a fan of the franchise personally, but I've got a friend who isn't having a good time.

I don't think that Wolfire ever made a console game.

isn't this exactly what Valve is being sued for at the moment?

not really, Valve is being sued because they force devs to price steam keys specifically at the same base price as on steam itself, nothing to do with other platforms or consoles

>Great Britain's price dropping from £15.99 GBP to £12.99
Steady on, chaps.

Attached: yes-i-did-deviantart-com-england-and-her-colonies-61596439.png (500x345, 333.77K)

regional pricing/locks is bullshit desu. if companies can outsource then i should be allowed to buy from other regions

oh no we have to raise our prices bro. It's awful and don't be mad at us.

But you can! Just find "reputable" third party key resellers. They buy that shit from third-world countries as the middle-man and sell it to you for cheap(er) in your area.

not if the game is region locked

>price dropped for first world countries and raised for third world shitholes
Sounds pretty based to me.

They have global keys too but sometimes also shady backdoor dealings with the devs to get keys [region].

Fuck the devs for taking a Timmy prebailout like the unconfident cowards they are, and fuck Sony for being oblivious arrogant retards who delusionally believe they're still the untouchable default winners that they were last generation.

Attached: 1627957111536.png (392x396, 177.89K)

Isn't this literally the reason why another dev is taking Valve to court?