Oh BOY "Roguevania" is a term now! YOU GUYS READY FOR YOUR HOT PIPING HOT ROGUEVANIAS?

Oh BOY "Roguevania" is a term now! YOU GUYS READY FOR YOUR HOT PIPING HOT ROGUEVANIAS?
FRESH OFF THE GRILL A PIPING HOT ROGUEVANIA
>what's the problem you know what it means?
EXACTLY WHAT'S THE PROBLEM. I LOVE ROGUEVANIAS.

Attached: VANIAROGUE.jpg (300x168, 12.5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

voca.ro/1f3QId1eIxsF
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Metroid dread was so disappointing that they removed the Metroid from 'Metroidvania'
bros...

maybe make it longer than 8 fucking hours?

GOOD now I can add "Roguevania" to the filter, I fucking hate roguelikes/lites.

This may unironically fix the genre, the "metroid" part of metroidvanias has always been a cancer in the genre ruining otherwise good games.
When people say they like "metroidvanias" they actually mean they like SotN and similar igavanias which became it's own genre completely separate from metroid due to rpg progression.
Now all we need is get rid of the slow shit meme souls combat and the genre will enter a new golden age.

I feel like I first saw this term used when Dead Cells was gaining popularity.

reminder metroid dread is just super metroid without nostalgia googles

I sure do love getting eye raped by bloom

>Throw a shitfit when something is labeled a "roguelike" and doest fit your exact specifications
>People use roguelite instead
>Still throw a shitfit because its too close to name of your favorite niche genre
>A term even farther away is created
>STILL throw a shitfit AGAIN because it's new and different
At this point I can only assume you will be upset if there is any game even slightly similar to rogue in any way that isn't just rogue.

You sound really fucking mad.

What's with the "vania" addition? That doesn't even make any sense.

I like a robot named fight

>whole point of metroidvanias is the fun of exploring and backtracking and exploring again through a big interconnected hand-designed map
>I KNOW LET'S DELETE ALL THAT SHIT AND GIVE IT A BLAND PROCGEN MAP INSTEAD
why would anyone play these
unless roguevania just means dead cell likes i guess. that game is mostly just a linear combat platformer with no exploration so I have no clue why people call it metroidvania

Isn't Rogue Legacy basically a "roguevania"?

I think it refers to castlevania inspired roguelikes

Roguelike
Roguelite
Roguevania
Rougue

probably yeah.
oh look it's the guy i said would show up who thinks i hate the term EVEN THOUGH MY POST DIRECTLY SAYS NO. I DON'T HATE THE TERM. LIKE FUCKIN CLOCKWORK!
read above
yes

It's the combination of Rougelike and Metroidvania

arent theese """genres""" the oposite of eachother? roguelikes having ramdomly generated levels and metroidvanias having a hand crafter single big level dont seem to mix well

You'd be surprised how well it works.
I personally love ARNF

Metroidvania is already composed of two words, taking only the "vania" part implies that the game is inspired by Castlevania alone and not metroid in any way, shape or form.

The CORRECT term should be "Rougetroidvania"

the term roguelike and metroidvania are retarded, why isn't diablolike a thing?

>2022
>megatroidvania still hasn't been made

Is this thread the faggotvania of threads?

Hollowlike

Attached: 1553615700778.png (628x468, 435.5K)

>The CORRECT term should be "Rougetroidvania"
the problem is that sounds fucking retarded

>I have no clue why people call it metroidvania
It's a 2d platformer with fast paced combat similar to post-rondo of blood castlevanias.
I don't mean just symphony, games after that have combat mechanics more complex than what alucard had.
Even then symphony itself already had good mechanics, the problem is everyone's memory of it is completely fucked from using iron shield and crissaegrim to cheese most of the game.

Why do you hurt me son?

Attached: 7945.jpg (2000x1500, 206.49K)

>is the fun of exploring and backtracking and exploring again through a big interconnected hand-designed map
who would ever think that's fun. wtf.

>Rougetroidvania
The problem is metroid is fucking trash and adding that to the name of the genre makes people copy it because oh well it's must be what people like.
Fuck that, roguevania sounds much better.
At this point "metroidvanias" hardly have any mechanics that are unique to metroid anyway.

Yes but no.
Play dead cells.
It has metroid tier perma upgrades in the form of runes that allow aerial stomp, wall clinging, or other shit. So your move set expands eventually for all runs.
But also yes the maps for each run are randomly made beyond a few key sections that get shuffled around in each zone.
So it makes sense in a way. I don't think we'll get too many games like dead cells though.

voca.ro/1f3QId1eIxsF

Shovel knight is a megatroidvania

No it's not

>Metroidvania
You mean adventure platformers?

Is not about metroid is about the name of the mix, besides any of these whatevervania subgenres sound exactly as stupid.

no it's fucking not you fag. it's basically just a megaman game with a mario 3 map.

Then what it is? a Megadroid? Megavania? Megalike?

I have no idea how the name "metroidvania" even stuck when more than half the metroid franchise and way more than half of the castlevania franchise are not "metroidvanias"

okay I see what you're doing and it is funny, but I'm upset regardless.

Because it sounds cooler then Metroidlike

Megalovania?

for castlevania your average normia only knows sotn, never played it but knows its good because someone said it

same thing for super metroid

what the fuck is this thread

is this really the "hollowlike" sperg continuing his dread hating crusade, seek medical help

Recommend me some Castlelikes

Dead Cells was the apex of the rogue-like dark souls-like metroidvania buzz word soup.

but metroidlike isn't even accurate. that's my point.
it'd be like describing every overhead POV game as "zeldalike"
>oh you like diablo? yeah I like zeldalikes too!

>normie
>knowing sotn
what year is it on Any Forums

I don't know man, I just like what calls it

>People use roguelite instead
>Roguelite is fine but all those motherfuckers still also keep using Rogue-like even though by definition it can't be both, continuing to make Rogue-likes impossible to find by looking for Rogue-likes
FTFY

soulsvania

In defense of hollowfag, dreadfags are annoying.
And in defense of dreadfags, hollowfags are also annoying.
Fanboys are annoying.

You mean hollow knight?