Why is Japanese writing so weird?

Why is Japanese writing so weird?

First off, yes not all manga/anime is like this. But there's a huge amount of them that will plod along following the rules of common sense and logic but then just go completely off the wall and have characters act in nonsensical ways and exhibit bizarre motivations. Think of all those endings to an anime/manga where you went "eh? the fuck just happened?". I don't really care if it's a shit way to end something or a good way, but it's very weird and something I've noticed specifically with Japanese media. Why do they do this? Why do they go full schizo with their stories?

Attached: v.jpg (500x541, 373.07K)

World War 2 had a "what the fuck just happened?" ending for them so I guess it infected their writing.

japanese excell at creating settings and suck at writing endings

>It's weird because I don't understand it

Attack on Titans ending was the ramblings of a crazy man

>Think of all those endings to an anime/manga where you went "eh? the fuck just happened?"
I can't think of a single one that did that except for fma 03 and that's because they had not wing it because fma was a monthly manga.

Its because you don't understand their culture and what influenced them, their past works and their history. So to you it is out of left field.

I got news for you: the homo sapiens ending was the ramblings of a crazy man

Attached: demon hell of ice.jpg (1920x1080, 1014.88K)

>le heckin' weirdo japan, amiright broskis?
Back to your website of origin.

Attached: The Pillars of the Gaming Industry.jpg (1280x670, 525.35K)

For me it's infuriating. Especially the kind where attempted murder is quickly forgotten/forgiven because it failed.

>Why is Japanese writing so weird?
because JP to ENG translators aren't worth jack shit, learn japanese

for anime and manga, it's because it's all manga adaptations, and manga is serialized. serializations get hacked endings if they didn't plan for the series to end.
additionally, japanese mythos is pretty fucking weird, so think of it like they're following from that.
this too, the really fucking weird manga barely get translated, let alone animated.
AoT's ending was because he realized he had captured the attention of people he didn't like.

Attached: 1601811509149.png (830x937, 155.63K)

You need to watch more anime. Holy shit, didn't even see Eva

you can't even read his fucking post

they were warned numerous times.

video games?

You think the average citizen has any control over what their government does?

Japanese people make video games. Pretty good ones too. It's kind of exceptional that one random country is so influential in video games.

A lot of the time it's just because they want to have a strong thematic ending and they're willing to fuck with the literal characters and events of the story to fit it. That seems to be more important to them than bringing closure to the literal events of the story, most notable example being the ending for evangelion

That's a pretty poor example since most people think of the aptly named End of Evangelion as the ending, not the last televised episodes.

I don't take anything written by a jap seriously. They have military bases of the same country that nuked them. They're into tentacle sex and cuckholding and working 14 hours a day and all sorts of weird shit. Forget it, it's Japantown.

OP specifically mentions anime and manga multiple times and doesn't mention vidya. I almost thought I was on wrong board when I saw thread.

A confusing combination of traditional Japanese storytelling, American modernist post-war influence, and cultural norms that make no sense to anyone not from Japan.

Why would you hold a cuck?

and you got below high school level reading analysis levels

you are not reading something japs wrote, you are reading something angloids with bad japanese skills adapted for the angloid tongue

Could you elaborate on how traditional japanese storytelling comes into it?

My biggest problem with Japanese writing is how interactions between characters feels so artificial, like everyone is always reading lines from a script.
I was really surprised when I played Catherine because Atlus had finally written a story where characters talk to each other like real people, but unfortunately they stopped at that one game.

>OP specifically mentions anime and manga multiple times and doesn't mention vidya. I almost thought I was on wrong board when I saw thread.
I made the original thread on Any Forums, but it got deleted for some reason.

Attached: s.png (1890x447, 312.38K)

I mean even when it's accurately translated there's a lot of bullshit japanese cliches that to non-japanese make no sense.

Because he's an amerimutt

because they understand that storytelling is supposed to be entertaining, not a left-wing political lecture.

There's no accurate translations. It simply dosen't exist.
You are not experiencing the original text.

Because if you consume enough manga/anime you will know only retards consuming the bottom of the barrel make comment like this

Please, that's a bunch of bullshit.