Level scaling

>level scaling

Attached: disgusting.jpg (600x466, 76.54K)

>level scating

Attached: 1644874217360.jpg (678x665, 102.6K)

>randomized loot

Attached: 1652482607642.jpg (1080x1582, 360.89K)

>randomized hoot

Attached: 3202023.gif (258x258, 931.89K)

Is there a source for the full image?
image search does nothing

Hokugo Play I believe

It’s from that one manga with the girl that has long legs and big feet

For the full image i meant

>quest hubs

Attached: EtBFXw2XMAENvCb.jpg (446x446, 22.44K)

cant help but feel that level scaling makes the point of levels completely meaningless, other than providing points to unlock skills or whatever. i guess you could make the argument that scaling of any kind makes a lot pointless, like new weapons

>Battle Ranks

Attached: 1629590739503.jpg (691x692, 89.96K)

I know the manga but i cant find the full image in there
I dont remember a single time she did that face with the black background so im searching for tbe full image of the crop

I remember this pic from another thread

Attached: Mousepad.jpg (384x384, 22.04K)

Level scaling can legitimately be good if done right.
>Level 1 skeleton becomes level 10 skeleton with 10x health and damage
Bad level scaling
>level 1 skeleton becomes level 10 skeleton warrior/mage/archer with unique abilities and traits based on which variant it is
Good level scaling
If you want an example, check out Elona. That game does level scaling incredibly well. It always makes sure that you feel like you're getting stronger and that there's legitimate purpose behind leveling up despite constantly scaling things to you in multiple ways.

yeah these are my thoughts as well. i feel like roguelikes always do a good job of it, mostly because they kinda have to. i really like roguelikes that evolve into somewhat of a puzzle game where there's so many things to consider each turn, instead of it just being enemies get spongier and do more damage

>tfw no pantyhose and high heels loving gf

Attached: 1555772968010.png (970x545, 504.17K)

There is nothing fundamentally wrong with level scaling. Plenty of good games used level scaling in a way in which 95% of players never even knew it was there like Baldur's Gate or Morrowind. Its only issue when its blatantly obvious like in Oblivion, Wizardry 8 or FF8

Attached: 1508081076344.png (509x507, 260.86K)

>level 1 skeleton becomes level 10 skeleton warrior/mage/archer with unique abilities and traits based on which variant it is
Can you give an example you might be thinking of because to me that's not really level scaling, those are new enemies. What sucks about "bad" level scaling is fighting the same enemy and it's just as hard regardless of your characters growth shits on any sense of progression. Where as new enemies and enemy types are just new challenges.

Thats how level scaling works in the pretty much every western RPG since the original Ultima game.

Fucking nerd.

>Boss fight.
>It's just a regular enemy but big.

Attached: FKlXEOTaAAAmVwY.jpg (1900x1100, 241.71K)

Mmmm big feet

God, Oblivion's level scaling is by far the absolute worst
to the point where you are forced to rush the main quest at a low level or every single non essential main story NPC is going to die

What are some games with good level scaling?

Attached: beerus disappointment as usual.png (591x843, 632.28K)

>level scaling enemies

Attached: ErQKoJbUcAYfuVM.jpg (1700x1100, 331.97K)

Nah, bullshit take all the same. You don't change basic enemy type, that defies the point. You might add a few special "commander" enemies (which also give better loot) that spawn among the plebs to spice things a bit, but the main meat should be unlocking new higher level areas. Or coming up with very good explanations (plot related, not level related) to sudden influxes if stronger enemies.
The absulute best option is, however, making stat leveling have almost no impact in gameplay, making player skill increase the true game changer.

Any SaGa game except Romancing SaGa 1 on the snes

>The absulute best option is, however, making stat leveling have almost no impact in gameplay
So you just don't want an RPG
Those use ranks, it's a completely different mechanic as ranks are fully independent of your characters' progression

>girl with big feet
you've got my attention