Is it true Japan doesn't care for the SEGA Genesis?

Is it true Japan doesn't care for the SEGA Genesis?
Most Japanese art and works I see showing SEGA characters focus more on their Saturn to post console characters

Attached: Sega-Genesis-Mk2-6button.jpg (800x411, 45.1K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wCtM-hpVVrI&t
youtube.com/watch?v=kOTHNoODYmY&
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The Japanese market had a lot more options.
The PC-Engine didn't really exist here, but had a huge presence in Japan
youtube.com/watch?v=wCtM-hpVVrI&t

Attached: Wonderswan.jpg (640x427, 23.9K)

Yeah the Megadrive wasn't that successful in Japan, and this , the PC Engine actually sold better. The Saturn was huge, as it was the Virtua Fighter machine, and also had stuff like Sakura Wars and Tokimemo

I had a model 2 but fuck the model 1 JP model with the magenta logo and the gold lettering and blue button is so fucking AESTHETIC

I often heard that if you have a model 1, plugging your headphones on its jack socket is amazing

>Genesis pandered hard to the West at the expense of Japan
>Saturn pandered hard to Japan at the expense of the west
>Dreamcast failed both but is fondly remembered on either side
Huh

>Master System pandered to Europeans and Brazilians at the expense of everyone else

Sega always has been a mess desu. Ever heard about the Sega Fish Life? I've come to love them for their retardation

For a second I thought you meant Seaman, what the fuck
Didn't Adult Swim do something similar as a joke?

MEGADRIVE you fucking mutts

As a kid i always thought it looked cool as fuck. Like an imperial device of soem sort you would find on a star destroyer.

Attached: 1280px-Sega_Mega_Drive_PAL.jpg (1280x880, 118.71K)

What was your favorite JRPG growing up? Or the one that effected you the most

Attached: FinalFantasy7.jpg (1368x900, 953.58K)

Genesis does

can we go back to when electronics had soulful design?

Model 1 had the best sound quality for sure except for the last one (that uses the poor model 2 sound chip). While the headphone jack is great, I really wish it wasn't the only way to get true stereo out of that model (the AV connector in the back will only play through one speaker). You will need to get a male-to-male headphone jack to get playback on all speakers. Still the best model you can get for the Genesis though.

I never really played jrpgs i only had a PC and played crpgs. I really liked Wizardry 7 and those Ultima Worlds games or whatever they were called that ran on the U6 engine.

Wizardry is hugely popular in Japan for some reason

Attached: Wizardry2.jpg (708x708, 192.7K)

here is a fun fact
>The Murasama blade originally appeared in the RPG Wizardry as the strongest weapon in the game. The developers were confused between Muramasa and Murasame and thus the mistake. In the Japanese version of Wizardry, the name was fixed to Muramasa.
thats why sam sword in MGR is called murasama

You ever try playing the Shiren the Wanderer games?
Also, here's my fun fact.
youtube.com/watch?v=kOTHNoODYmY&
There's a Wizardry OVA

Attached: shiren the wanderer.jpg (1028x1430, 1.1M)

>for some reason
Dragon Quest got so huge it boosted the games that inspired it.
I have no doubt jap nerds act all elitist about classic wrpgs being "dragon quest for hardcore gamers"

Wizardry and Ultima literally invented JRPGs, so it makes sense that they'd continue having popularity (though I don't really know how Ultima fared in Japan after 6, which is just as well with how bad most of the final trilogy was).

If you go back a step further, a lot of Japanese monster designs were just traced monsters straight out of D&D Monster Manuals, so it went both ways

Attached: DQ Launch.jpg (656x492, 75.67K)