Can you play any of these games without having to look up the wiki?

Can you play any of these games without having to look up the wiki?

Attached: 516513415684.png (2528x683, 2.19M)

Yes to all, but not for noita if you want to discover more than 10% of the game

I can for Terraria, but I would've died so quick in Don't Starve if not for the wiki.

Why would you need one for Stardew Valley?

In terms of how much I would recommend using a wiki it would be Noita > Don’t Starve > Stardew Valley > Terraria. Vanilla Terraria especially can easily be done without the wiki, and Stardew Valley can be done easily without wiki but it’s pretty meh. Don’t Starve and especially Noita have an insane amount of experimention that would have to be done which is fine if you have 15 hours a day to vidya but would drag on forever if you didn’t.

terraria put a pseudo wiki in the game, so it's not really comparable to the others.

>go anywhere off the beaten path in noita
>a huge gang of enemies and a boss spawns and gangrapes me
I've been trying to go blind but it's getting a bit tiring

Yes, but I strongly recommend using the wiki or at least doing the spell lab mod tutorial in Noita. Unless you play dozens of hours a week experimenting with wands and solving riddles you will not even understand properly if you are not Finnish, it could take years to even see 30% of the fun the game has to offer.

the weird thing about noita is that its hard to gauge your overall power level relative to the normal enemies, since even if you mulch them instantly the bosses can fucking tank that shit
also something thats really annoying is that the damage numbers fucking lie and sometimes youre literally doing 0 damage to an enemy or even HEALING them and its still spitting out blood and giving you big numbers, and this is especially true for the bosses
also theres one boss that exists just to fuck you over and is normally cheesed by experienced players because by the time youre strong enough to kill him in a straightforward way his drops are almost completely worthless to you

I initially played Noita without looking up anything in wiki and it took me some tries but I finally learned to play well and killed the last boss on first try after reaching it. Then I looked up some things in wiki, and holy shit the game is literally filled with impossibly complex (to discover) and weird shit. 10% is an accurate number of places you'll see going in blind. The world is actually kind of cool, so I recommend looking at the wiki after you clear the game once. Then you can decide whether you want to complete the optional quests and bosses. Even if you don't, just clearing it once was pretty good fun for the money imo.

Attached: 1633965951070.webm (426x240, 2.52M)

*blocks your path*

Attached: Sauvojen_Tuntija.PNG.png (299x163, 12.03K)

I read the wiki, farmed perks and got 10k hp, made several tunnels around the orb room for cover, and tried to kill it for the first time very carefully. The fight decimated the roof and it flew outside and is now somewhere in the skies. I find it occasionally and it shoots polymorph shots at me with 0 things to hide behind. How the fuck do I do anything in the clouds now when that shit is lurking somewhere there? WIKI DIDN'T SAY IT DOES THIS

Attached: 1633987640362.png (460x1200, 221.9K)

Terraria's wiki is also an official wiki, managed and owned by the dev team. It's literally the modern game manual.

you just have to hit it hard enough that it doesn't get a chance to hit back, unless you trick it into killing itself
it's one of the most deadly bosses, the fact that it's accessible early is deceiving.
Even here I killed it in 1 shot, but its retaliation almost killed me.

Attached: noita-20220215-195309-2126306364-00108785.webm (960x540, 2.94M)

>EVER letting it escape into the open air
It will abuse this for as long as it remains alive and in your world. You're fucked.

You can in fact play every single game known to man without using a wiki

Look at the wiki when you start to get tired of playing without.

stardew valley literally tells you the items you have to collect and gives you an out by being able to buy them from shops if you wait long enough
you can certainly look at the wiki if you want to figure out the optimal way to do things, but it's definitely not necessary

This is a 25+ hour run

Attached: 1511717805567.jpg (480x480, 27.08K)

Thing is, the Noita wiki is very uncomplete and sometimes just false. Based on what you read you can beat the dragon with 5 propane tank explosions, I tried that, seen his life bar not even deplete 10% and uninstalled.

>everytime I see someone play dont starve they have a base with walls that connect, no gaps
>try to build walls, cannot connect them, there seems to be a gap per every wall block constructed

Frustrating

Attached: download (23).jpg (172x137, 3.5K)

Terraria kind of doesn’t need one but it just makes things longer cause using the in-game finder thing is tedious

The most fun I ever had with Don't Starve was that first week or so I played it when I knew nothing, and most of that fun came from experimenting, exploring, and learning from each death. I know looking things up would've robbed me of a lot of the enjoyment I had.