Was Act 3 really that bad?

Was Act 3 really that bad?

Attached: dqxi-keyart-final-withlogo-withcopyright-1920x1080.jpg (1920x1080, 413.84K)

The whole game was kind of bad. Dragon Quest is the JRPG poster child of beating a dead horse

It's pretty bad, the start and end of it is okay but there's absolutely nothing of worth in between which I guess is why most people just farm metal slimes to max out their level and go straight to the last boss instead of bothering with all the shitty recolor minibosses.

Act 3 is only bad for people that never played DQ3

It was the best part of the game
Its amazing how one autist by himself managed to shift the public opinion so hard

I didn't enjoy it. Not only destroys all the character development from chapter 2, but as we see in the end, you didn't replace the that timeline, only left it for another. Meaning the original one is still there, only the hero fucked off to another dimension

Act 3's interesting. Part of me doesn't like what they're doing, but it leads to some incredible moments right away. I like that the difficulty ramps up too, it's rare for an RPG that long not to get much easier at that point, but they paced it well. I mean, if you really have a problem with it you can just stop progressing the story after Act 2 and treat that as the canon ending.

I don't know, I stopped playing after the credits finished rolling. Act 2 was quite bad and so I did not dare dig any deeper. Easily the second worst mainline DQ I've played, with VII being the bottomest of the barrel.

Act 2 destroys too much and act 3 repairs all of it. If both acts did less it would have been better.

>game tells you “hey you’re gonna go back in time meaning you know the characters won’t be the same you good with that?”
>user hits yeah
>BOO WHY IS IT LIKE THIS
Act 3 is great. It’s also post game that happens after credits roll.

It wasn't bad at all.

>Its amazing how one autist by himself managed to shift the public opinion so hard
explain

Just wish your Party Members got their memories of Act 2 when they get their Act 2 stats back. Everybody acting ecstatic with the now-revived Veronica, and the repeated arcs would have more weight since they've been through them already and now have to face it again, and for some of them it was their lowest point. Seeing them overcome that more confidently with a renewed outlook would've been great. Just think it's a missed opportunity, is all.

Act 3 was the best part of the game

i liked it.

I agree

I liked act 3 I didn't really expect it to keep going after Mordegon

I hate it when characters revive so yes

Are the characters still designed by Toriyama? Why do they look so much better than DBS or DBH designs?

>Are the characters still designed by Toriyama?
Yes
>why do they look so much better than DBS/DBH
because Toriyama doesn't care about Dragon Ball anymore and doesn't even design anything for it with the exception of when he gets paid to design a character. The guy who replaced him is a fucking hack.

Only a few characters (half the gods of destruction) in DBS are designed by Toriyama and none in DBS, DQ has the main characters and some promo art by him, like pic related and the cover of the game. For secondary characters they have an artist for them, said artist worked on the cover for DQX6.0 making the first time for main DQ game where Toriyama didn't worked on a cover, this reason may be because he is busy with DQXII.

Attached: ECpEyjvU8AEwC2G.jpg (1796x747, 260.7K)

>cover for DQX6.0
pic?

Attached: DQX_Newpac6th_1125x2436.jpg (1124x1808, 1.07M)

are the characters designed by that guy or did he just draw the art?
overall it's better than I expected.

DQX1.0 only has the hero, heroine, fat old lady, nerd looking guy and the races made by Toriyama, besides that the only other time he worked on something DQX related was on the covers and in 2.0 where he designed the sword girl on pic related, besides that the guy who did 6.0 cover designed all the characters with Horii supervision.

Attached: EW2wnFMXsAIg-CC.jpg (1549x2048, 782.09K)

i love toriyama's use of colour combinations