Serious Sam is on sale, should I get the Classic or HD versions?

Serious Sam is on sale, should I get the Classic or HD versions?
Is Serious Sam 2 worth it?

Attached: Serious-Sam-Classic-The-First-Encounter-Free-Download.jpg (1000x606, 268.07K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ee486bo07KI
youtu.be/hrNp97rZoac?t=37
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1454510206
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just get both versions they’re both pretty good
SS2 sucks don’t bother

>just get both
Are they seperate games or what? Thought it was just a remaster
>SS2 sucks
Could you elaborate why?

Either version is great.
2 sucks, skip to 3 if you want more Sam.

get both classic and hd

ss2 is good but you really really should skip the cutscenes. really, don't even watch any of them on the first playthrough. if there's some mod or something to completely eliminate them then use it. other than that its fun

Classic has a better atmosphere imo. And yes SS2 is worth it, I liked the cartoony look of it and the gameplay isn't half as bad as Any Forums is making it out to be

>Could you elaborate why?
Not him, but it looks stupid, 3 is garbage too, 4 is kinda okay and Siberian Mayhem is alright

>SS2 sucks don’t bother
>2 sucks, skip
I liked it.
>you really really should skip the cutscenes
That's fair.

honestly the series kinda of fell apart after FE/SE

NE was great

Why not get Classics: Revolution?

HD and yes, 2 is goofy but fun

Attached: a2bpi32r8ie51.jpg (1500x844, 105.01K)

>HD
Soulless

Attached: 1648245401663.jpg (1920x2160, 1.5M)

>Classic
Literally classics of the genre that are still tons of fun to play.
>HD
Have fancier visuals, survival mode, workshop support, etc. but also a worse artstyle (especially in the final chapter of TSE), no funky physics and some slippery enemy movement.
>2
Croteam's "triple A" title that was mainly made for consoles and goes full retard in terms of visuals, humor and gameplay (it's actually the sequel to the Xbox version of the Encounter games that already were made more ridiculous than the PC versions, humor-wise).
It has huge amounts of variety in terms of enemies and environments but due to console limitations the levels are short, enemies get drip-fed to you most of the time, you keep losing your guns like five or so times through the game and have to start from scratch.
Actually kinda redeemed itself a while ago when it got an update that added dual wielding, running, enemy multipliers and more.
>3
Has its issues during the first third of the game where it feels more like a shitty low budget CoD clone with alien enemies (because technically, that's more or less what it is due to being made of assets from a cancelled military shooter and a Doom 4 pitch) but the later parts become quite good (if you can look past the godawful tomb sections).
The tone is also more serious (duh...) with a lot of unnecessary and awkward swearing to the point where even Sam's VA sounds like he has to force himself to say certain lines.
>4
The Duke Nukem Forever of the franchise.
There IS a great game in this but due to huge development issues it all gets drowned in massive problems in pretty much every category and even today, one and a half years later, it's still basically pre-alpha at best.
>Siberian Mayhem
Essentially what 4 should've been and probably the best game in the franchise next to the original games.
Don't let the small number of levels fool you - some of them easily can take up to an hour and a half.

Also, grab that fucking Talos Principle Gold Edition at like 90% off.

Pretty sure the Golden package or whatever includes both old and HD along with SS3 but i might be remembering wrong
2 is just too much man, but it's not a bad game

>it's actually the sequel to the Xbox version of the Encounter games
I don't get it, that only came out for ps2 and gamecube

Also, does anyone know of any mods that change/basically let you skip the first third of SS3? it's really shitty and brings down repeat playthroughs

OG is pretty soulless too, but HD at least looks nice

It had personality

Attached: SSHD.jpg (460x705, 67.15K)

thanks for the tip, needed Road To Gehenna

>I don't get it, that only came out for ps2 and gamecube
I wasn't talking about Next Encounter but the Xbox "port" of the Encounter games.
Both fo them were slapped together into one game, the larger levels got split up due to console limitations, Sam's model was replaced with the Toon-Sam one and they added a combo system, extra lives and wacky cutscenes:
youtube.com/watch?v=Ee486bo07KI

Hell, the intro for 2 even uses footage from that version, with the point values and EXTRA LIFE messages popping up:
youtu.be/hrNp97rZoac?t=37

>Also, does anyone know of any mods that change/basically let you skip the first third of SS3
Try googling "ss3 noclip" or "ss3 godmod" or "ss3 speedhack" or "ss3 savefile download"

JUST

>It had personality
Generic nothing?

These 2 games look like 4 different game bro

I don't get your autism there's a collection of mods just for you steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1454510206

Attached: Yqry0iUJZ0K6pFgwoxWTesbM_fzgHiOXlDcDyqT0U5Q[1].jpg (4024x1804, 1.72M)

I actually really liked the first and second encounter. I remember doing 50 man coop with Any Forums. We played that shit all the way until the end, it was glorious.

I see the VR versions are on sale too. Do those translate pretty well?