Slay the spire

this is a pretty good game

Attached: Slay_the_spire_cover.jpg (290x344, 87.45K)

It's not.

i like it

It's good because I like it.

I like it. But Ijust can't finish it with the watcher character.

i was having a ton of trouble with the watcher, finally beat the heart with her last night. pressure points as my main damage, along with protect, perseverance, deceive reality and establishment

it's another shitty RNG card game
The whole premise of 'keep playing to unlock all the cards so you can actually have a chance at the RNG difficulty of A17 and above' is retarded

but it sells well because like most gambling psychology based around RNG, it simulators the need to 'try again for you will surely win'

>can't finish it with the watcher
keep your deck small, fight elites whenever you can, get pic related

Attached: TalktotheHand.png (245x336, 92.44K)

i've seen a lot of games copy it, even japanese mobile ones. one was a straight clone that shut down but the other has its events as slay the spire type maps with buffs that you get after clearing a stage.

it's a very good game that has a surprising amount of people attempting to copy it, i know that new peggle roguelike is legitimately the same game but with the card combat replaced with peggle.

Attached: 1651994615172.png (360x360, 106.47K)

lots of the copies are pretty good, i liked roguebook a lot

Attached: nemiSUS.png (310x304, 44.01K)

why is it retarded?

One of my favorite games. It's relaxing and I can chat with friends or stop playing whenever. Also I never get mad for losing cause I know it's possible to win consistently on the highest level after seeing the best players.

filtered

Attached: beta.png (683x887, 318.45K)

blocks your path

Attached: 2598724.jpg (640x360, 17.77K)

>'keep playing to unlock all the cards so you can actually have a chance at the RNG difficulty of A17 and above'
Fuck are you talking about? You unlock all the cards in like 5 runs

>t. filtered on floor 1

This guy's just way too much of a Defect cockblocker it's not even funny

There are better ones.

Attached: Monster Train.jpg (500x713, 133.31K)

this guy cockblocks defect and time eater cockblocks silent incredibly hard. sucks to have a good powers/shiv deck going and see a hard counter when you hit act 3

>Time Eater blocking shiv Silent
That just means you haven't gone deep enough in the shiv hole
Turn your shivs into 0 cost Bludgeons. Overscale with Accuracies, Terror, Phantasmal Killer etc

Time Eater is more likely to shit on a discard centric deck that is barely holding itself together

It's so easy to get dependent on tth and then get fucked by artifacts or an enemy removing debuffs.
It makes me not want to get the card at all instead of trying to cover its weaknesses.

Watcher has a lot of meme cards to ignore, IMO, but the crux is just don't be scared to enter wrath form, the powers for when you switch stances are good, and retain cards for wrath / calm are good, as well as anything else that makes it easier to switch stances like empty fist and tantrum. Fury of blows and talk to the hand are both good. Lesson learned and scrawl are their best rare cards. Avoid the retain cards that get better when you leave them in your hand, they are just kind of bad, and pressure points isn't really that good either. Watcher deals enough damage that you don't need to worry about scaling like other characters do.

You don't have to go full power spam to win as Defect, and playing a couple of powers isn't going to make a huge deal against him.

this is true, but it still sucks to see him when youve got a retarded storm/creative ai deck

ive beaten time eater with shivs a couple times, more or less with the exact strats you describe. still just sucks to see it when youd otherwise be looking at a more or less free win against another boss

relics like bag of marbles and red mask are really good on watcher, i find. breaking artifacts that bit quicker to be able to get into tth/pp is huge

i cant beat the fucking heart