Steam is going to get a paid subscription

In the official Steam news blog, Valve employees announced changes in the way services are provided to users of the service. From June 1, 2022 online features Steam will require a paid subscription, the cost of which will be $ 600 a year for all regions. Without a subscription, players will not be able to use features such as multiplayer and co-op play, cloud saves, posting screenshots, getting achievements in games, downloading mods from the Steam Workshop, viewing guides, and adding friends. Those who pay will continue to have all the benefits of Steam, as well as receive a new theme for their profile.

Gabe Newell, the head of Valve, explained the introduction of the paid subscription due to the fact that the development of games has increased in price, and their authors require to reduce the commission from game sales, which is now kept at 30%. But such a move would be unprofitable for Valve, and the company needed to find another way out. Newell hoped that the players would be sympathetic to his decision.

Attached: image.png (700x376, 139.13K)

What about Artifact?

Attached: 1646962002483.jpg (869x960, 174.51K)

>From June 1, 2022 online features Steam will require a paid subscription, the cost of which will be $ 600 a year for all regions.
You played your hand too early here.
3/10 apply youself

As long as they get 30% they are fine, if they lose that 30% they will probably do something like this.

How does this affect Team Fortress 2?

Attached: 1643338745137.png (392x366, 192.52K)

wtf i'm switching to EGS right now!

reduce the price to 60 and someone'll fall for this
they don't get 30% past a certain amount of sales

gabe is coming up to retirement age and i am worried that when he leaves, something like this will be implemented

lol

Attached: qBittorrent_Logo.png (1200x1200, 134.59K)

>Development of games has increased in price
What fucking games?

Valve screwed over the Artifact fanbase by cancelling the Artifact 2.0 beta without even allowing users to invite friends like they said they would in January and does not deserve your financial support for these gross consumer-unfriendly practices.
They do NOT deserve your money

It's not fucking real you goddamn retard

Not him, but i think you are the retard here since you seem to get seriously offended by an obvious shitpost

Attached: 13.jpg (716x357, 40.75K)

it will make bot hosters seethe or force them to give money to valve. either way valve wins.

>Artifact fanbase
All 1 of you

>From June 1, 2022 online features Steam will require a paid subscription, the cost of which will be $ 600 a year for all regions
Imagine believing this.

Imagine being such a faggot

Attached: 269715579_483941263209862_9122260477509483517_n.jpg (497x617, 16.9K)

Explain.

imagine thinking that valve is going to charge 50 dollars a month for online

Not him - he's trying to make a wild comparation: that to believe the ludicrous statement you mentioned is equal to "being such a faggot." He means to say that only turbo-faggots would believe that Steam would not only apply a paid subscription for basic features, but that it would be implemented in but two weeks from now.

You could be right. However, I think he was calling me a faggot.

What a fool he must be, if that is the case.

steamieCOPE