What is even the point of hero types being tied to city types if all heroes can be recruited from all types of towns?

what is even the point of hero types being tied to city types if all heroes can be recruited from all types of towns?

am I missing something?

Attached: 106219-heroes-of-might-and-magic-iii-the-restoration-of-erathia-windows-front-cover.jpg (800x972, 185.25K)

Hereos that come from their capital come with full units

Because they live there and the game takes place in ethnostates

that's all? thanks.

Yeah. The heroes themselves are mostly differentiated by their specialization and where they hail from, but beyond that they're somewhat interchangeable.

yeah the manual says heroes gain more skill points in what they specialize in but having played the first campaign now I really felt like they were just different portraits. my Knight dealt the most magic dmg

Random XXL maps is where it's at

Because there are several heroes who specialize in one type of unit and even though you can theoretically recruit all of them, you have no benefit hiring a Hydra-spec Hero in your Castle town beyond having one extra Hero or depriving your opponent of said Hero.

>heroes who specialize in one type of unit
What do you mean?

I see nothing in the manual about heroes being specialized beyond favoring Attack/Defense over Power/Knowledge at level ups. Everything else comes from items which everyone can wield.

They're not tied to city types.

Heroes have specializations, and some of those specializations include specific units.

not really, no

Attached: 2022-05-14 19_37_51-Window.png (648x209, 45.68K)

>my Knight dealt the most magic dmg
If we don't take specialties to account, there is not much difference between might and magic heroes other than their stat growths. Magic heroes tend to get spell power and wisdom more likely and vice versa for Might heroes. Some town's might heroes are good at both. In campaigns, your best attacker and spell caster is almost always going to be the main character of the campaign due to all the level ups and spells you acquire for him.

etc.

Attached: 2022-05-14 19_38_26-Window.png (1168x523, 168.57K)

>If we don't take specialties to account, there is not much difference between might and magic heroes other than their stat growths
They get different chances for getting different skills.

I legitimately don't understand what you're getting at. You sound autistic.

Pretty sure units suffer a small morale penalty when the hero is from another faction.

Each hero is tied to a specific town type as clearly told in these excerpts from the manual. Calling me autistic doesn't change this.

They do not, morale is tied to unit composition nothing to do with where the hero is from.
Heroes differ in the following ways: they have different chances of learning different skills upon level up, might heroes and magic heroes have different % for each skill, and different towns tend to have different % to learn different things.
And their stat growth, might heroes get attack and defense, magic heroes get knowledge and spellpower.
Heroes do not differ in any other ways than this, other than their individual unique speciality bonus, which maybe 30% of the time corresponds to a unit type from their town type

>In campaigns, your best attacker and spell caster is almost always going to be the main character of the campaign due to all the level ups and spells you acquire for him.
I don't think the first campaign had a "main character" but I did spend about 75% of my time autistically grabbing each power up for every hero before capturing the final objective because the heroes carried over to the next mission.

That aspect of the game kinda sucked ngl

I'll always be able to play Heroes 3, regardless of how many years pass.
It's the perfect vidya.

Attached: power liberators.jpg (204x247, 39.2K)

their likelihood of learning secondary skills are dependant on it, for example I remember barbarians are more likely to learn movement related skills

I'm pretty sure I've learned that at least good units get a penalty under an "evil" hero and vice-versa, or a good hero gets a penalty when garrisoned in an "evil" town and vice-versa. Or maybe I'm getting it confused with 5.