Gamers don't like gay characters and actively avoid picking characters who were announced to be gay

>gamers don't like gay characters and actively avoid picking characters who were announced to be gay
Maybe gamers are alright. Can't wait to see the statistics for David King now that they made him a poof

Attached: chrome_2022-05-14_11-09-23.png (770x604, 63.18K)

I wonder what character and studio was the one analyzed

Was this about soldier 76? Because that's the first thing I thought of and how nobody picked him for a while after the gay reveal.

culture wars crap.
take it to >>>/pol

It says usage rate went back to normal after 3 months?

This specific study looks into Soldier: 76 from Overwatch, who was revealed as having had a boyfriend post-release.

Attached: 572px-Soldier76-portrait.png (572x599, 477.49K)

Once everything died down, they remembered he has an aimbot for a super

You ever notice how people tend to be okay with adaptations taking creative liberties from the source material unless that creative liberty is making a character black or gay
What a shame

people subconsciously like people that are like them. i pick heterosexual white dudes to play as most of the time just like i hang around white dudes in real life and date white girls in real life. it's not toxic, it's just normal.

Overwatch is not an adaptation. It is the source material.

Because most of the time, its shit writing thats using blacks and gays as a get out of jail free card for it

I think that even if I were a faggot I'd be sick of faggots by now.

>"competitive" fps
>study is in a window where a character was nerf or modified in some way
>correlate that to fag hate
>paid article

lmao

tranny boogeyman strikes again OH NOOOO MY VIDEOOOOOOOOO GAAAMEMASMEAMSEMASEMMASE NIGGERMAN

you mean it's only normal if people with "normal" features and traits want to play as characters like them

I'm sure gays enjoy selecting gay characters but they're a small minority. The majority will avoid them. That's just a fact.

Basically people dislike it but they're not going to stay outraged about it when it's a viable pick in the game.
I'll play characters who's personalities I hate because they have a gameplay I like or need in a comp. But I still hate the character.
And vice versa, I love Marie Rose, but her fighting style is garbage.

Has there ever been a more forced "reveal"? The character was based off a concept Chris Metzen had in his twenties. Tell me the odds Metzen ever imagined any of his characters sucking cock or taking it in the ass.

Just 1 character?

Yeah, just one. This is what passes for "research". It's no wonder everyone's lost faith in science.

I remember this being a response to some other controversy regarding Blizzard. Maybe the Blitzchung Hong Kong fiasco?

>carlos gomez-gonzales

Because those characters are written like garbage. No one cares about Japan's black or gay characters because they are cool. Meanwhile, the west's gay/black characters just say the lines of western left-wing NGOs.

everyone in their right mind dislikes gays, it's an evolved aversion

To be fair it's probably some student paper that was written more as training than because anyone really cares about the result. Students don't have the time or budget to do real studies so things like this are just to see if they can get the process down.

It's one study, not a dissertation

exactly
they're terrified of backlash so they make gays completely bland and inoffensive
meanwhile, eastern media writes gays that fag it up and they're great fun to watch. They have attitudes and mannerisms that reflect reality or an exaggeration of reality, instead of being vaguely heroic and that's it.

You ever notice how people tend to be okay with replacing a white with a black or gay character, but when the reverse happens they call you hitler?

So his popularity went up because people found out he was gay but then just reverted to what it was beforehand after 3 months?

Not sure how this is meant to be a bad thing or mean people don't like it. His popularity never fell as a result it was only ever higher or the same.

>the result was a significant drop in demand
>drop in demand
>drop

>there isa fucking STUDY that proves my list right
hell fucking yeah, feels good to be validated i get the irony dont need to point it out
SJW GAMES/GAMES MADE BY SJW's THAT BOMBED
>BattleFieldV
>Mirrors Edge Catalyst
>Wolfenstein 2
>Wolfenstein young lesbians
>Anthem
>Mafia 3
>Watch Dogs 2
>Mass Effect Andromeda
>Lawbreakers
>Sunset@ "NOT THE FUCKING OVERDRIVE ONE"
>Revolution 60
>Depression quest
>Life is strange 2
>Battleborn
>Pillars of Eternity 2
>Dishonored 2
>Dishonored 2: Death of the Outsider
>Tacoma
>Virginia
>Where The Water Tastes Like Wine
>River City Girls
>Tyranny
>Drawn to Death
>Agents of Mayhem
>Bless Online
>Hyper Universe
>Telltale Games- the whole company
>Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear
>Dead Rising 4
>Bleeding Edge
>2064: Read Only Memories
>INVISIBLE
>Orphan
>DmC: DMC
>Thi4f
>MARVEL AVENGERS
>Sam & Max Remastered
>Medal of honor VR
>=GOOGLE STADIA=
>VTMB2 = BEFORE IT EVEN LAUNCHED
>Crash 4
>RETURNAL
>Destruction all stars
>Magic: Legends
>CRUCIBLE
>DoubleFine = the whole company
>deathflop
>joyless adventures of empathy woman
>RESIDENT EVIL 4 VR
>BATTLEFIELD 2042
>Battletoads 2020

NON SJW GAMES THAT GOT POZZLED AND SUFFERED FROM IT
>Control
>GEARS 5
>Wildstar
>REmake 3
>FF7R PS4
>WoW
>no more heroes 3
>TABLETOP SIMULATOR
>Tokyo Mirage Sessions
>guardians of da galaxy

SJW GAMES THAT SOLD WELL
>Borderlands 3
>Pathfinder
>COD: vanguard

NON sjw games that used Woketards as free marketing and sold the sexy as DLC
>Mortal Kombat 11
>DoA6
>GG STRIVE

being gay or black isn't an adaption and it's certainly not an interesting character trait

Attached: GET BASED BE PRAISED SANIC.png (1080x843, 749.79K)

do you ever notice how they aways change ONE group of people to be gay or black?

Attached: gingercaust.jpg (2560x1490, 887.89K)

What about the Halo series is "woke"?
And weren't you guys calling Robotnik's assistant a diversity hire?