When?

When?

Attached: NintendoSwitch2.png (844x422, 25.53K)

i hope, i dont wanna buy a switch too late then the next one is out ill be fucking pissed

hopefully it gets cracked AND emulated quickly, too

Nintendo will leave the console market and will make phone games after the switch. There is nowhere for them to go.

the switch 2 will vastly outsell the switch because it will be backwards compatible, and it will have thousands of games on day 1.

>the switch 2 will vastly outsell the switch because it will be backwards compatible, and it will have thousands of games on day 1.
>thousands of games
Which most of them are clones of other games or collections of irrelevant games.
The only games that matter are form the mario, zelda, starfox, metroid, pokemon series. which have a lot of scrappy ones also.

Backwards compatibility on its own doesn't really seem to make or break consoles. PS2 and Wii had it and sold well, but Wii U and launch PS3 had it and sold poorly. Meanwhile SNES and Switch didn't have it and did fine. I'm not seeing much of a pattern here. It probably matters at the start if your last system did well, but it can't carry a system past the first couple of months at most.

It has to be 2023, think about it.
6 years is like the maximum Nintendo ever have went between consoles, and Breath of the Wild 2 has been delayed to Spring 2023.
Its obviously gonna either be a launch title, or They will release a Switch 2 version in Fall or Holiday

>and it will have thousands of games on day 1.
Games that have been played before.

Huh, the left Joy Con in this logo is slightly wider than the right one. Didn't notice that before.

>it will be backwards compatible
Why are you so sure?

First Nintendo consoles last longer.

First home console: NES: 7 years (83-90)
First handheld: game boy: 12 years (89-01)
First Hybrid: Switch: ??? (17-??)

Oh fuck I was so sure you were trolling me to go and check in paint but it's actually true.

Attached: 1576816230956.gif (146x108, 1.38M)

Or you could say 9 years for Gameboy if you consider the Gameboy color as separate.

It won't come in 2023, they'll make it when the Switch stops printing money so not any time soon.

>NES: 7 years (83-90)
Famicom was recalled and re-released as the NES, that hardly counts, true release of the NES was 1985
Handhelds are different.
Great retort, I guess

Piracy doesn't hurt Tendo.
Will probably be announced sometime in 2025.

You have to take a few things into account though
>Switch is one of the best selling systems that Nintendo has ever made and is on track to become the best selling video game console ever, and this is before significant price reductions or any kind of universally improved model
>It's a hybrid system and Nintendo's handhelds generally have significantly longer lifespans than their home consoles
>Parts shortages are causing massive issues for the other current gen consoles and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future
All of these factors are likely to extend the system's lifespan significantly. I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up going to 7 or 8 years.

>Switch is one of the best selling systems that Nintendo has ever made and is on track to become the best selling video game console ever, and this is before significant price reductions or any kind of universally improved model
Wii sold a lot more and it still only lasted 5 years

>It's a hybrid system and Nintendo's handhelds generally have significantly longer lifespans than their home consoles
Ah, now this is an excellent point, that is a major point of contention.
Perhaps 2025 then