Is there any game that manages to unite the good aspects of Nu-XCom and old XCom?

Is there any game that manages to unite the good aspects of Nu-XCom and old XCom?

Attached: 0000005205.1920x1080.jpg (600x375, 153.57K)

XCOM 2 is so fucking hard goddamn it I can feel my hairline receding by the second.

"hard"

There were good aspect to nu-com?

Tits breasts bosoms boobies etc.

Check out xenonauts

apparently a sequel was coming out but dev went quiet

No, they keep making updates, the game still going.

>Public beta has been delayed for more than a year
What do they eat? Becuase the kickstarter and the sales from the first game can't be enough to substain a small dev team for so long

Attached: XCOM(EW)_SiteRecon_Docks.jpg (1186x704, 215.48K)

Still getting monthly steam updates even though the release date was 2017 or some shit.

Honestly though a lot of the shit they add will be a breath of fresh air for the genre, so I hope they don't try and rush it out the door.

Long War mod for EW?

Either getting enough from Patreon or some shit to stay afloat or they're also taking commissions in their free time to make ends meat which would explain all the delays,

Either that or the first game sold a lot better than expected.

WOTC can be tough on vet+ since the chosen and timers can fuck you up hard and cause Squad wipes from over extending.

There's enough of a choice in missions either bail or risk squad wipes that it can be tough if you're not prepared to bug out

Closest is phoenix point. But that kinda sucks because its post apocalyptic. The comfy feeling of blowing up aliens in a rural farm somewhere in albama is what made the original so special

Simple=/=easy
No and these days you should play Long War Rebalance instead.

Surely there's some mods for openXcom that does that. Otherwise Long War mods are gud too if NuCom is 2easy4u

I like the tactical cover shooting combat of nucom better. The pod activation mechanics are what sucks

Why is rebalance better?

Besides being in development, it tries to fix gameplay problems of the vanilla game (pod activation, overwatch mechanics, aliens having a free turn...) and, well, it's more balanced than original LW. Give it a try.

Phoenix point was the fucking worst. Gallop might have made the original X-Com but he has no idea how to actually make an X-Com game actually fun.

Is there any good modern game similar to the OG Xcom ASIDE from Xenonauts? I kinda disliked the lack of enemy variety and not having psi powers

Attached: download.jpg (257x196, 8.54K)

i've started playing xcom2 lately and almost immediately started abusing Ranger concealment to snipe and ambush the shit out of every pod. Thinking back my EW run ended with stealthed spotters + squadsight snipers cheese too. Maybe if there's some change to the stealth mechanics you could better balance the pod activation?

Xpiratez

Is it actually good or just some cringe coomer mod?

>What do they eat?
The studio is small, original Xenonauts and kickstarter gave them quite a lot of money, and they are used to work under minimum budget situation.
Half of the original Xenonauts was developed while the lead developer still had a regular day job, and so did half of the other people he worked with.
With that said, waiting for Xenonauts 2 is frustrating as hell, and am starting to have a growing suspicion it isn't going too well. The whole history of the development feels fumbling. Removing the air, then adding it again, removing multiple bases, then adding them in again, trying that side-view base only to drop it too, it's like they have no clue what they want to make, and keep just reacting to user feedback, which is generally not a good way to go around developing the game.

It's MASSIVE and not some cringe coomer mod. There's very few nudity and I dunno how you are supposed to coom to those low res inages

I noticed one of the logs said they had to let someone go because of personal issues and didn't elaborate. Wouldn't be surprised if a small dev team had 1 or 2 guys going "CHANGE THIS AND THIS" and throwing fits when they didn't, which would explain why development has seemed a lot smoother the last few months.

Going off new logs it looks like they have a much more solid vision and are looking at balancing and testing interesting new ideas more than responding to user feedback. Hell of the recent dev logs even said they were taking user feedback on board but thinks a new feature will work so they aren't cutting it, That a good sign things are on track at least.

Never underestimate the dedicated coomer