Get into yakuza series starting with 0

>get into yakuza series starting with 0
>none of the rest of the games are nearly as good

Attached: 1635767101735.jpg (1920x1080, 369.45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z-ON2kBPh-I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

based, the series is so shit it was 1 good game out of 15.

Only the PS2 ones are worth playing

Considering you posted this on Any Forums and have basic knowledge of how greentext is used now, I make the strong assumption that you were very well aware when everyone on Any Forums consistently says to NOT play 0 unless you want to be letdown by the rest of the series.

I was thinking on binging the series. Should I just play 0 and be done with it?

Yeah

kiwami 1 & 2 are good too (also a little shit)

It's not really a bingeable series since half the fun is blowing off the pretty formulaic and often stupid main story to drink in the scenery and try to get to the karaoke bar without somebody giving you a side quest.

play judgement too its fun

2 is much better than 1

I tried Yakuza 0, actually finished it, slogged my way through it and i found it to be garbage.
A terrible game through and through, so i decided to not bother with the rest, if this is the best game in the series then i dont want to even imagine the worst one.

Yes, Judgment (the first one, Lost is godawful compared to it) optional since that game also reaches some of 0's heights.

Attached: 20211013034919_1.jpg (1920x1080, 615.93K)

sagawa was based, i miss him

This. felt like shit when he died, he's one of those dudes you can't really hate.
youtube.com/watch?v=z-ON2kBPh-I

hell of a ride. lol
constantly flip flop personalities and character rewrite, constant coming back from the dead, constant change of his mind and his plans, sudden realization of secret deals.
this character is an awful plot device.
his catharsis and development are close to zero.
you only like this character if your knowledge about writing is nonexistent.

how did sagawa know majima plan b with makoto?
how did sagawa survive the shot to the back
how did he woke up and started to hit majima just after he got shot
why does sagawa suddenly change from ally to enemy to ally depending on how the writer wants to advance the plot?

sagawa is a flat terrible character who is just a plot device to advance terrible asspulls

From the ones I played
0 > 7 > K2 > K1

just play 0 and be done with it unless you want to play hundreds of hours of same type of gameplay
shit I don't have the time for this

>Lost is godawful compared to it
You're autistic

>how did sagawa know majima plan b with makoto?
He has eyes and ears everywhere in Osaka are you dumb?
>how did sagawa survive the shot to the back
Self-explanatory, it wasn't lethal
>how did he woke up and started to hit majima just after he got shot
Because Majima fucked up and tried to go.
>why does sagawa suddenly change from ally to enemy to ally depending on how the writer wants to advance the plot?
Because he's playing bad cop/good cop to mess with Majima, Shimano probably specifically told him to do so to further his own plan.
Learn2read

>no argument
>some shitty ad hominem
Do a flip off a bridge you stupid faggot

damn i forgot how kino this game was, the awano death scene comes to mind

first sin
tell dont show is lazy writing. he just knows. lol this is why the writing team is awful, the plot twists come off as asspulls instead of proper forshadowing and build up.

second sin
reviving character from the dead is what a third rate series would do. also dumb plot armor

he got back from that shot like nothing happened

sagawa doesnt develop and his catharsis is awful. one of the worst characters in the game

one of the worst things a writer can do to kill the development of his characters is the opposite of actual development and this is called character rewrite and its what sagawa does the whole game.

Sagawa is fucking amazing, he's just whipping Majima into shape, and by the end of the game he's proud that he made the ultimate Yakuza inadvertently and acknoweledges it like a father and a son, sorry you missed out on kino because you're retarded.

Is there anything I'd miss in Kiwami if I played it before 0?

if you are impressed by a low tier writer like this then good for you lol.
im appalled at the writing team in this game, especially when it comes to characters, they managed to make the worst cast imaginable.

a cast that lacks plausibility, lacks development, a cast that consist of edgy tryhard morons who either get a quick rewrite every few hours or get massive plot armor, or behave like morons. its incredible

kino my ass

Not really, both games are retroactive as in they both tie into eachother no matter which you play first.

Attached: Yakuza Kiwami Screenshot 2022.05.07 - 01.57.35.46.png (1920x1080, 3.09M)

Yakuza 5 hits higher highs than 0 in exchange for lower lows.

Attached: shinada.jpg (1920x1080, 375.3K)

kiwami is a sequel to 0 you stupid nigger

Did I miss something? Dude was an asshole deliberately trying to screw up the business he owned and giving his slave hitman bad information. He never contributes after that beyond chauffeuring putting him on par with the taxi driver in chapter 13. The 'redemption' in the post-credits felt forced as fuck and only really served to write him out of the story and I guess show Majima had genuinely lost it after that shitshow of a week.
Alright I definitely missed something if people are shitposting about it.

Development for Nishiki who was a literal who and the new cutscenes kind of help it out but they're expecting you to come from 0.
Tons of references.
Substory continuations from 0.
Komaki continuations from 0.
Spoilers for multiple characters 0 sets up but you get that if you played 1 anyway.
Substories made to take advantage of the fact you played 0 like the disco one.
Style system is improved on from 0 so a lot of the styles in K1 are more freeflowing and different leading to 0 feeling more underdeveloped.

You're not supposed to play K1 before 0, it's not 1. 1's fine before 0 but K1 before 0 isn't a good thing.