I am playing Super Mario on a poorly coded Nintendo 64 emulator

I am playing Super Mario on a poorly coded Nintendo 64 emulator

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 9.72K)

There's actually a lot of poignant symbolism in this scene. Sheldon is currently avoiding the apartment because he's afraid of sexual intimacy. He would rather play video games alone on a staircase than interact with Leonard and his date. Being a genius from birth, Sheldon never had a normal youth and thus has yet to fully grow up, so he retreats into his childhood to cope with problems. But at this point it is only a poor emulation of his childhood. Diehard fans of TBBT will understand the gravitas of Sheldon playing a video game while not sitting in his favorite couch spot- he is sitting on the left side of the stairs, as if the stairs are a poor emulation of his childhood sofa. Shelond believes that these stairs are inferior to his couch, an imperfect replica. But he does not realize that the stairs can do something that his childhood comforts could never do- ascend. Sheldon is so close to standing up and ascending to a new phase of his life, but he does not realize it.
The audience can't help but to laugh, to think "I too was like this once", taking merriment in the fickleness of Sheldon's predicament

bazinga

Attached: 1373234955126.png (361x451, 263.72K)

Kubrick movies analysis honestly would take this as obvious and elaborate on it to find even more hidden subtext

The joke is that the episode starts with Sheldon mentioning that his mom sent him his old N64 and old games, including Mario 64, which he plans on playing for the weekend after work. But midway through the episode Leonard forces Sheldon to leave their apartment because he has a date with his female equivalent who is Sheldon’s enemy, so he’s forced to play on the steps, on his laptop, on a poorly coded Nintendo 64 emulator instead of on his cherished console and CRT. There you go.

Upvoting this so everyone in the back can see

Shallow interpretation, how very peasant of you.

I unironically watch and enjoy TBBT with my conventionally-attractive girlfriend. She says I'm like Sheldon. She also gets put in a mating press daily.

the first two seasons of The Big Bang Theory were legitimately good, sans a few exceptions (S1E3, S2 finale)

I'm honestly surprised the staff put in the effort to actually make it sound like he was playing SM64 instead of just using unrelated sounds.

>pause sounds when he actually pauses
Hate it as much as you want, but you have to appreciate the actual quality foley.

why was he using a poorly coded nintendo 64 emulator?
at the time this episode came out I'm sure there were well coded nintendo 64 emulators that could at least play super mario?

Attached: file.png (378x591, 88.55K)

he's literally me

>at the time this episode came out I'm sure there were well coded nintendo 64 emulators that could at least play super mario?
There aren't any good ones even now user

Watch TBT without the laugh track

Attached: 1648503341026.png (853x1000, 521.53K)

ONE (1) autistic dude fixed the entire thing and now we have actual, real N64 emulators instead of half emulation as it was.

Was it sheldon himself?

The way I interpret it was that he was playing Super Mario on a poorly coded Nintendo 64 emulator

>shelond

hang on, there's actual LLE emulators now?

zimbabwe

Attached: big mario theory.png (837x845, 733.74K)