RIP '83

looks we aren't getting the Cold-War-Gone-Hot kino, bros.
sad

Attached: rip 83.jpg (1080x963, 360.94K)

Weird, if they had to pick between IGI and 83, i'd have thought 83 would be the sensible choice, less work due to being MP centric, get it released, put a small team on it to maintain it, then enjoy the cash flow whilst working on IGI which will take longer.

lame

What the hell is '83

This can't be happening...

Attached: 1567017577045.gif (320x320, 3.13M)

>chang engine 5 switch causes everything to be delayed
uhhhm, epicpajeets, explain yourselves
you were shilling stutter engine for quite some time, saying it's the best engine in the world and conversion from chang engine 4 to 5 will be easy

Rs2 Chads... our time is now

Why are they rebooting this series after 19 years?

Isn't the original IGI a prime example of no budget though?
Like they were making a flight sim and someone thought "wouldn't it be kinda cool to run around the map as a commando instead of dropping bombs from a jet?" and so they repurposed a bunch of assets for it

IGI is an already established series (less risks because they can market it as "THAT series is finally coming back!"), even if there are barely anyone who remembers it (and those who do might only remember the frustration of not being able to save mid-game).

Yea wtf it doesn't makes sense. As much as its neat that IGI is getting a reboot, focusing on '83 is the logical choice as you said and it had way more hype.

The infinitely huge map tech could have absolutely started as a flight sim (funnily enough spintires/mudrunner/snowrunner also started as a flight sim), but IGI certainly wasn't a no budget game, 90 odd devs and something that definitely took a good chunk of time, money and man power to make.

RS2 was buggy as hell but damn it was fun

Only absolute fucking boomers remember IGI and I played that shit around the time delta force, and OFP were a thing, literally impossible to market to zoomies

83' would be easily marketable as the rising storm vietnam follow up considering it went free and everyone knows the vietnam memes

yeah idk its a huge mistake on their part to focus on IGI

>IGI is an already established series
It's not even a series, it's a niche game from 20 years ago, a great game, but if I were a betting man i'd say the market for something like 83 is much larger than the market for IGI boomers who had to choose between buying Hitman Codename 47 and IGI on release kek

I mean i'm happy that they're making a new IGI game, I just find the decision odd from a project planning perspective.

fuuuuuuu

Attached: a8e.png (404x399, 8.95K)

it is, too bad they've abandoned it

lol who knows, its not like there's a demand for it

'83 was the only shooter i had some interest in, disappointing desu

It's a shame, but I think it's better than working on 2 games simultaneously, even though IGI would seem like a single player mode and '83 like a multiplayer mode of the same game.
At least '83 will be expanded upon whatever they make with IGI.

user, it had two games, that's enough to call it a series. My point is that we live in time where people investing money are so much of a pussy they'd rather have the game be sequel/prequel/reboot to, I don't know, fucking Pariah or something rather than give new unknown IP a try. Any old existing property works as long it's not the scary new thing, so it's not surprising that IGI got the priority.

Attached: 1622460044754.jpg (800x1148, 231.39K)

I wish they stop pretending that these are two separate projects. Both 83 and IGI are made by the same company, set in the cold war, both use the same engine, and most likely both use the same assets.