Why fighting games makes Any Forums seethe so hard...

Why fighting games makes Any Forums seethe so hard, you would think this place would love fighting games considering they are pure gameplay

Attached: 1643590069535.webm (1280x720, 2.79M)

Other urls found in this thread:

blazblue.kumodori.com/precf/terminology1.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fighting games are boring and bad

i mostly play tekken, guilty gear and blazblue
also soulcalibur, but mostly because of the hot girls

>why are fighting games such pleb filters? it's a hardcore game, gatekeeping these plebs is a good thing. stay away from my hobby bro, I put serious time in this. I'm not going to let some nobody buy a game for $60 and play for 20 hours and think they're going to have fun.
v.s.
>why does nobody play fighting games anymore? how do we not have this genre die out? they aren't even hard. memorizing combos is easy, facing people is easy, you only really need maybe 20 minutes and then you're good to go. what's stopping you from playing $60 and investing time into this game that not even the experienced players will play 2 months after it's release?

talking about blazblue, what game is the best one to enjoy the story from the beginning? do they recap it in the later ones or should i play them in order?

Any Forums can't blame teammates to protect their ego so they hate fighting games

people still play tekken?

during euro hours it's the most played fighting game on steam by a sizable margin

I figured the whole Leroy bullshit was the final nail in the coffin, with all the salt he generated.

the only thing that will kill tekken 7 is tekken 8

>on steam
keyword

>says the first post best post

:^)

other platforms have comparable lists of most played games, except some obvious absences like dota and cs

all the tekken playerbase is on pc because of how awful its ports are.

Wtf is that bullshit

blazblue.kumodori.com/precf/terminology1.html
Start here then once you're done, play Centralfiction's Story Mode, and each character's Arcade Mode.

>story
Stop. Don’t go down that rabbit hole.

I got into recently and the discord with dedicated channels to each character, a bot that gives frame data and dedicated youtube videos helps make a game with a good amount of bloat, that Tk7 has more palatable. Honestly getting the movesets down, the execution of said moves, the strings for certain distances and then applying that with general keep out/pokes/side stepping made me fall in love with the game in a more nuanced sense.

Too bad frame data is tied to DLC and you have to resort to discord bot or manual read ups if you don't want to shill. Doesn't help you can't lab against DLC characters unless you count the odd chance of running into them in Treasure battle.

>story
Go. Do it.

BlazBlue has a retarded story even for fighting game standards. Just play the game with most people.

They're too hardcore for most people. They can't pretend to know what they're talking about either because it is very easy to prove if someone is full of shit or not. Any Forums is full of casual autists who like to pretend they're hardcore.

that website is not working for me.

people think it's hard to learn. You even have games like GBVS with ez command inputs or Melty Blood with built-in guess mechanics/anti-OS mechanics and the average player will still gloss their eyes over anything that requires dedicated practice/losing. At least in League/Overwatch/CSGO you can blame shit teammates, in a fighting game you really need to sit there and git gud unironically