"Beloved Franchise" with only one truly great game

>"Beloved Franchise" with only one truly great game.
What's her name, Any Forums?

Attached: c6998226d1b4274a2fe9e8a2acaec2ba.jpg (650x898, 172.49K)

duke nukem

You didn't like Shining In The Darkness, Shining Force I, Shining of the Holy Ark, or the Shining Soul games?

Genealogy of the holy war

Attached: 1649453621752.png (813x720, 65.63K)

Kirby
Paper Mario
Crysis
Dead Rising

Star Ocean, but good luck getting people to agree which one is the good one

Also Silent Hill, but that's two good games. Again, which two depends entirely on who you talk to

SitD is good but I wouldn't say it's "truly great." Has too many little problems and runs a bit too long for its own good.
Force 1 is a mid point between Darkness and Force 2 and benefits from the strengths of neither game, along with some really shit map design in places. Still pretty good, but not much fun to replay. CD is unironically better. Holy Ark is just a much worse version of Darkness, and Soul was just a completely different series by Grasshopper (and the precursor to Contact/Sakura Note) that Sega slapped the brand on. But yes, both games are great, especially 2.

Thank you for not being a crazy person and suggesting the other Shining games or Golden Sun could live up to Force 2. (Force 3 > Holy Ark imo)

Bitch.

I think 2 and 3 are both good and 5 is a decent beta build for an unfinished game.

To be more specific, I think Force 1 sticks too closely to the design principles of Darkness despite being a completely different genre, which leads to some annoying quirks. Like, Darkness is designed around a philosophy of the act of exploring being enough to power up your party and, if the player encounters friction, they'll just cover old ground again and be ready for the challenge. Applying that philosophy to a linear SRPG means that if you want to replay the game with anything but the most obvious team comps, you have to keep egressing if you want to use guys like Adam effectively.

Paper Mario 1 and 2 are the same game.

Shining Soul is underrated as fuck.

Disgaea

I liked the first shining force more. Cooler party members and a FAR clearer way of progressing the game. You kinda' need a guide for the second game.

Attached: 2015-09-10-1658-48.webm (640x480, 330.8K)

>Needing a guide
Every Shining game is impossible to fail at. 2 was just more involved, which was to its benefit. And 2's cast was absolutely better, it was just less cute.

>impossible to fail at
It can be hard to figure out where to go next.

rune factory

Attached: 1351510445485.jpg (420x700, 53.32K)

quake

inb4 arenafags

Attached: 1307141818759.gif (480x376, 68.85K)

ys
people act like that franchise is some holy grail of masterpieces when the real truth is one of them is great and the rest vary from decent to just outright awful

DMC.

which one is great?

unreal

Attached: 1299375979904.jpg (1024x768, 49.1K)

monkey island

Attached: 1186764824741.gif (450x282, 253.25K)

Final Fantasy

you either think v or vi isn't great, and in either care you're a faggot