3DS thread

You know, there will never be such an organic experience like the 3DS ever again.

このような経験は二度とありません

You won't find cartriges out in stores such as gamestop anymore. I bought mine at the very tail end of it's "relevancy". e.g. 2019. I remember going to fry's electronics that year and picking up a spotpass. As if anybody will be using the 3DS OR spotpass ever since covid. Kinda miss when E3 was a physical thing.

A bygone era. A bygone zeitgesit. Remember when everybody was all about the "TN vs IPS panels"? I was about that for a little bit. Until I got one. (Cost me an arm and a leg. Don't fall for the sname oil) Ghosting is worse on the IPS panels due to the increased darkness, and things are more green tinted.

Attached: new3ds.png (1600x800, 565.13K)

babbys first handheld. how cute

So what?

Just emulate on a proper display. Ghosting is better on non-shit screens, unlike the ones in the 3DS.

It's more like ghosting with the 3D effect on. Both display types don't ghost without the 3D.

>emulation
For this kind of handheld; it doesn't feel the same.

I'm actually a little upset that the Switch removed Streetpass. Hopefully they bring it back, it made things like conventions just the right amount more interesting.

The battery would have drained faster and people would bitch about battery life.

Just make it so you have to turn it on, and doesn't constantly work in the background.

I want my Streetpass back...

Streetpass at cons was incredible, pretty much everyone got over a hundred hits.

>thinking the switch will get any apps or features rivaling the 3ds
lol
you get basic black and basic white and that's it

I don't count on anything interesting being added to the Switch for the rest of time, my hopes are squarely on whatever comes after it

garbage opinion

Garbage opinion that runs at 4x resolution and 60FPS.

It's just like upscaling PS1 games. It's not the same experience.

>le resolution meme
bruh moment

you talk of this experience as if it's totally unique to the 3ds. it was a good handheld but the social aspects about the gb/gba/ds were just as good

All I'm saying is. Those social aspects will probably never be seen again in general. Sure the other Nintendo handhelds had em, but this may be one of the last.

I wouldn't count it out completely. Preset custom icons are a thing. I imagine they're gonna try to gatekeep the themes and goad you into using NSO via doing the weekly missions.

lol DS was better

I miss swapping notes with Japanese players I met through animal crossing. It really made the game for me, and I haven't even considered buying the new one because I doubt it'd be the same sort of online experience.

Attached: 1607050674224.jpg (1242x1293, 173.65K)

should I grab a N3DS? already have a 3DS and N2DSXL

You will never be Japanese

> I miss swapping notes with Japanese players
YO WAN EGG FRIED RICE WID DOGU user-KUN?

Attached: Chinese Keith.jpg (225x225, 6.31K)

The death of swapnote really killed a lot of the 3DS appeal for me.

Do you care for 3D? Go for it if so.

not really, wasn't really able to see the 3D effect for more than 15 minutes anyway before the image split into two

Your 2DSXL will suffice then. Not like the later games utilized the 3D effect anyways.

Looking at getting a 'new' 3ds to replace my original one. I will be hacking it but I want to know which is the best option? base/XL or 2dsXL?

Any "new" 3DS will suffice
Avoid the 2DS like the plague, N2DSXL is good though.