Unless you're playing an FPS it's perfectly fine

Unless you're playing an FPS it's perfectly fine.

Attached: 30fps.png (636x117, 42.55K)

Agreed
Sometimes I even prefer 30 FPS in intense action games, because I'm shit and slower is easier.

I agree

goldeneye, perfect dark and halo 2 ran at less than 30 FPS for years

wrong platformers at 30 fps feel like dogshit

Honestly I don't even notice, most of the time, unless is at sideshow level.

>drivan games at 30fps
yeah nah

fighting games are always 60 FPS for a reason

Frames under 60 is unplayable.
Ping over 60 is unplayable.

also fighting games. If you're playing a match at sub 60fps then you're ruining the experience for everyone, specially if said game is rollback based

After playing MCC for so long it felt really sluggish playing the 360 version of Halo Reach

Fighting games, rhythm games or racing games need at least 60 to be playable.
You don't play games so you didn't think of those.

30 FPS = 30 IQ

The worst take.

Attached: 30 feel per second.gif (700x758, 25.85K)

Playing action games at 30fps actually makes them a little harder. The images you see are always 16.667ms behind what you'd see in a game running at 60fps.

Depends, games that are more visual and less about quick reflexes are fine at 30fps, especially with quality motion blur. There are some games I can't stand playing at 30, they feel choppy as fuck mainly the Souls games, and there are others, even first person that feel alright, like Cyberpunk. I was blown away how little is lost to the experience going Ultra RT Max /30 lock.

30 is preferable if the game is supposed to feel like a movie, e.g. the TLOU games are better at 30 than 60.
For everything else, I really think 60 should be seen as a minimum now.

Why not make TLOU 24 frames then?

it's only "fine" for isometric RPG/RTS games and even then it's not ideal

What's more input is the input lag. Some 30fps games have extremely low input lag, while many 60fps (console) games are laggy as hell

Attached: 60fps30fpsW.webm (600x338, 2.14M)

Even a single player FPS game played on a controller, is perfectly fine at 30fps. 30fps is just completely unacceptable, as soon as you're using a mouse for the camera. Obviously any competitive games that require reactions based on screen input just suck complete ass at 30fps, regardless of the type of game, because you're at such a huge disadvantage.

honestly just go with 12fps for twice the movie feel

>Complex 3D ARPG on a console
Vs
>8 bit pixel art Rouge like on PC

I wonder why there might be a difference.

30 fps works for a controller because it's already such a sluggish, unathletic control device, even 60 fps on a mouse the input delay is noticable and feels awful compared to 144fps on a ~6ms fast monitor

Poorfag cope

Attached: 1582637597596.jpg (499x500, 20.72K)