What is more probable

What is more probable

Your physical copies getting destroyed in a house fire

Or a multibillion dollar corporation having such a massive system failure that your account is wiped

Attached: john-video-game-house-fire-305x410.jpg (305x410, 38.07K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pricecharting.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The multinillion dollar company just deciding you're not allowed to have them anymore, or going under.

I'd say about as likely.
Though the second one what affect more people.

I have zero physical copies of any kind of media

Attached: 1650381409482.png (302x296, 137.63K)

There were multiple huge server farm fires these last few years. I know an image hosting website that closed overnight because of it. Now there's tons of blank spots on forums where pictures used to be posted. It's not as unlikely as you think.

Well personally haven't had house fire but multibilion company has made it so I can't access some games. So for me latter has been more probable

what is more probable

a house fire
or
your digital collection hid behind a paywall
or
your account terminated for doing a heckin wrongthink

This has happened numerous times at professional film/music archives as well. Lot of old movies from the silent era are lost as a result.

FPBP
Literally just happened recently with Chrono Cross too, Square just revoked everyone's copies on PS3/Vita to force the new remaster.

Corpo keeping your games, hell I can’t play half my steam library offline

I don't like buying disc's because I'm a clumsy moron who misplaces them, puts them in the wrong cases, and generally shits them up. It's far less frustrating to simply buy digitally, though I mostly pirate unless I'm 99% sure I'm going to like the game

>Or a multibillion dollar corporation having such a massive system failure that your account is wiped
This one
Companies don't need to go bankrupt for you to lose your shit. I had 6 Games For Windows Live linked games and lost 2. The others got reports or remade to run without Games for Windows live. That happened to me about 6-7 years ago. Will Epic game store be around in 8years? I will never again buy games locked with always online DRM. I'll just pirate.

Steam tells you about always online games so you can avoid them and GoG just play that bullshit.

Don't care, got my collection insured for its current value. (22,478 USD) The only things that won't be re-buyable are autographs.

Attached: vidya collection.jpg (1928x3486, 2.94M)

It doesn't need to be a failure, Sony already tried to do it on PS3, Nintendo has already done it.

>UHH CONSOLES ARENT FOR GAMERS JUST MOMS

What physical PC games even come out anymore?

.I should have mentioned, the only thing that sucks is feeling the need to reevaluate current prices every year w/ a spreadsheet. Otherwise, it's a good feel to know I'm covered if my house burns down.

How did you get insurance for your game collection? Very curious.

I lost all my shit to hurricane sandy. Took some time and bouncing at a bars to rebuild. Physical freedom over digital share cropping any day of the week.

The first one has definitely happened to a small percentage of people.
The second one hasn't happened on any previously free digital platform I've seen.
The third one probably hasn't happened on any platform that matters (and no, Steam forum bans are not Steam library bans).

This. Getting things digitally is great until the company decides they really want you to pay for something you already 'own'.

Through my insurance company. Look into it, you can insure your home's interior shit for more than it's actually worth.
If you're interested in seeing how much your shit's worth:
pricecharting.com/
(and checking ebay for the small amount of stuff that's somehow not listed there)

That looks kinda cool.