Horror vidya

lets have a discussion on horror in gaming. post ideas, favorite games, etc.

Attached: liminalspace.jpg (3024x4032, 1.57M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iaBx-AUX2AM
mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk
mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8
mega.nz/#!bYcEnbhC!rYnhvcJiRC46T6yExS0Y61JHZ-5N3WxFvfZMI8xbyhE
mediafire.com/file/ym8wg5sxcvab6e3/SH2EE_all_you_need.zip/file
enhanced.townofsilenthill.com/SH2/
youtu.be/fFVwI487ORo
mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE
mega.nz/#!GVVGRLpD!SyklVbuLIkc38ZYji5QL3sWHKtHt9-Bto700My8pH7c
mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc
mega.nz/file/3tQ31AAS#SrlvTHyBvVpKhjDtF_AcuObmFURqnxxtWUQ0i7BDOok
mega.nz/file/OgxkFDqa#lPatnUJSwKO66ZvRT9TmaO6OgaFj9gp5OKtVwBR0KM4
appleofeden.de-doc.com/index.php/downloads/resident-evil-classic-rebirth/
mega.nz/file/y4Bm2Zba#h_sPD3NFcc_H-BpYoVLCjQLdfPNbu91PWUGHmS21T68
mega.nz/file/GkxEVbQY#aaoRRSv4CiZztkbPgqC8KCTPFP2TC60okhtabHw4GOs
appleofeden.de-doc.com/index.php/downloads/resident-evil-2-classic-rebirth/
mega.nz/file/nhoE2ZgT#A3hWmmB8Fd-buJF6aydFR0T_5Ri--RyNmh4lVzVekrk
mega.nz/file/Kl5wFbRT#_wL3QtINP97dZDBSnyt0buyDh4qhnXksiKs_ZdZfpvM
appleofeden.de-doc.com/index.php/downloads/resident-evil-3-classic-rebirth/
mega.nz/file/SkpjTK7b#umW80KxGYzGjt3m_EdI6JyVRFwvIIRwRjFRW3GZpwMQ
mega.nz/file/bhpBxASK#2BiRw4N-cutn4up-L3qx7HOovvFTT6YArGFaJy6V5v4
appleofeden.de-doc.com/index.php/dino-crisis-classic-rebirth/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How is that scary? It honestly looks comfy.

Attached: 1498219956338.jpg (671x960, 78.73K)

>zoomies are scared of libraries
the jokes just write themselves

Attached: 1572465819549.jpg (2048x1536, 510.91K)

Who's that handsome fellow?

holy shit it took me a while

This looks comfy.

>this made boomers shit and piss they're pants

Attached: 1627407123886.png (800x527, 514.87K)

Fucking GhostBusters

Just found out he left his job at Google last year.
Wonder what he's up to these days. Hope he's doing well.

M00tiekins could be shitposting in this thread right now.

think about it.

Resident Evil: Code Veronica is the best horror game of all time, not that zoomies will ever know since backtracking and tank controls filter them endlessly. If it isn't a hallway FPS or basic bitch TPS like RE4, zoomies won't play it.

Attached: 1651888839667.png (640x480, 333.85K)

Excessive Backtracking is bad though.
I do understand the extra spooks that tank controls + fixed camera angles can have, but having backtracking doesn't add shit other than unnecessary padding.

How the fuck is the backtracking in C:V "excessive"? You go back to the prison area TWO FUCKING TIMES. Three at most if you were too fucking stupid to take the extinguisher with you to the mansion. Once to do the blue plate torture room area and once more to give the guy the hemostatic medicine and receive the lockpick. All of the other "backtracking" is baked into the game as a key hunt. Face it, you want a fucking brainless hallway game.

>this makes zoomers piss, shit and cum their pants

Virus horror where you have to avoid and escape the infected people who are begging for you to help them

Did she survive?

why not just help them..?

because fuck them

The virus is very contagious

Code Veronica is fucking terrible.

so just give them a vaccine. problem solved.

Let's hear your favorite horror game.

Why is a library scary?

what if i dont have vaccine?

Resident Evil 3.

Attached: Nemesis.gif (540x380, 3M)

its scary to niggers because they cant read, and also when they start rapping and loudly disturbing the other library goers they get asked to leave, which is the same as slavery again

Worse than RE2.

RE2 is too easy. It's a classic but it's the worst of the original PSX games.

i like the chronicles darkside version of this

>PSX

Just call it PS1 dipshit

Dismantled is obscure horror ludokino, give it a try.
youtube.com/watch?v=iaBx-AUX2AM
Gameplay wise it's a weird mixture of Resident Evil and Doom. bretty spooky

Sounds like Pathologic

>Dismantled is obscure horror ludokino
Looks cool, but I would subconsciously keep hearing Duke Nukem lines/repeated "where is it?" grunts and ruin the horror for myself.

Attached: Duke.jpg (1280x720, 298.24K)

horror concept: you are forever alone in a room, have a computer and unlimited food, but can only play elden ring

and in this world your biggest fear and source of anxiety is going to the library. however, you can reduce your insanity bar by grooming people on discord

>zoomie afraid of books

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

>those first liminal space threads on /x/
>everyone found them comfy
>normalfags find out about liminal spaces
>they become "scary" and a horror setting

Neither of these ideas conflict with each other though?

>mfw he abandoned us

Attached: ren.gif (498x278, 1.38M)

Except there is nothing inherently scary about liminal spaces if you aren't an oversocialized bugman.

Attached: 1628898228917.jpg (840x1024, 142.05K)

Speaking of liminal spaces do you ever find yourself in one in real life and just feel the overwhelming urge to shit in it?

"im autistic, and the ambiguity caused by depth and repeating patterns is causing sensory overload. this equates to terror for me, because im autistic."
>yawn

>there is nothing inherently scary about liminal spaces
No shit sherlock, the spook comes from being a place in which there are no people visible despite there always being someone, or something, there. If a place abhors a vacuum then its only sensible that an unnatural place will fill it with something else unnatural.
Ignoring that the initial point of shit like the backrooms was being lost and forgotten in a place that nobody would ever find you. Same shit as cave systems, a man could get lost down one and never come up again. Like he never existed.

>AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH IS THAT A EMPTY SPACE WITH NO PEOPLE?!!
Don't care didn't read, go back.

Go back where faggot?

Damn, that's an old picture. It's sad to see what's happened to him after he left Any Forums.

Attached: d43.jpg (480x640, 206.06K)

Oh no...BOOOOOKS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA READING AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

How many books does there are in the entire world?

Attached: 1585721093299.png (732x633, 241.46K)

>Americans are literally afraid of libraries

Attached: 4A9EAD53-A9F7-4502-82B6-C6AA8AE32878.gif (227x198, 2.95M)

Yes.

>Except there is nothing inherently scary about liminal spaces
It's the same concept as schools, malls or hospitals. There is nothing remotely scary about them under normal circumstances, infact they're often designed to be welcoming, but seeing a place so normally filled with life now devoid of it gives you a sense of unease alongside the comfort. That's the principle the whole concept is based around, it has nothing to do with having friends or not.

Define book.

a library isn't fucking liminal, its the fucking destination.
i swear to god.

Those books are boring and smell like dust. I would lay on the floor and fart or play with legos instead

Around 20.

>Define book.
book

about tree-fiddy

>liminal spaces
o i am laffing, what a forced fucking fad

Attached: 1650984496687.jpg (375x375, 17.98K)

6 then.

God I fucking hate amerisharts

Being in such a place all by myself has always made me feel comfy, since there are no retards around and I have the entire area to myself.
Under normal circumstances these places are full of people and are anything but welcoming to me.

I would shart if I had to stand in a boring library. Would rather be at a Mcdonalds or a lego store. Books is good for stacking and fixing uneven table legs.

Not enough

This post brought to you by penguin publishingâ„¢

thanks penguin
you often have good translations

Attached: real human penguin.jpg (1012x1324, 290.16K)

id be scared to go in an average gas station bathroom too user

this. one of my dreams is where everyone on the planet is dead except me and I can walk around and do whatever I want.

Is this the comfy library thread?

Attached: 84654885.jpg (1200x1800, 316.08K)

I will always see him as our pure hearted leader. He deserved better.

I'm getting vertigo just from looking at that, and I never get vertigo from images...

This kind of person should be executed on the spot. If you can't appreciate the beauty of nature, you're mentaly ill and a potential treat for humanity and our world.

Same, especially places like malls and stuff. I dream about fulfilling my autistic need to move or pick up random larger objects to see how heavy or sturdy they are. I always try to pick up one of those island T racks of clothes in department stores when I can. I love the weight of them. I love picking up mannequins to but they don't have a satisfying weight to I usually just move them a bit and move their arms around.

Scary things aren't scary to everyone without exception, user. I personally would literally jump with joy and sing at the top of my lungs if I woke up tomorrow and there was nobody driving on the road at all ever again, but that's beside the point.
You understand what I meant, right? Comfortable settings and horror don't conflict. There's no reason you can't be scared in a comfy setting, or comfy in a horrifying one.

Libraries are unironically one of the few good things America has going for it. Andrew Carnegie was a pretty based guy.

How about this one?

Attached: 164849926.jpg (721x842, 225.46K)

Dukes Grand Archives got me thinking there's a zombie with magic arrow ready to blast me standing on top of that stairway

Nope. It has to be the false details of depth along with the depictions of people in them, I'd warrant.

>I dream about fulfilling my autistic need to move or pick up random larger objects to see how heavy or sturdy they are.

Attached: 1589425154226.jpg (471x517, 79.91K)

Brooken's library, UIS?

Weird. Never thought I'd see it on Any Forums lol.

>this scares the shit out of zoomers
spoiler because I want to be respectful for you kids

Attached: 360_F_287986158_2Tz2w7QKcgmbpecZZzveGUdN9RNPB3c4.jpg (640x360, 33.8K)

Unironically scary when you consider how much it'll cost to live there.

That nigga gon' fall.

The real terror is giant mirrors that take up the entire wall and slide open as closet doors. I fucking hate them. Guaranteed to see a fucking ghost in one.

Attached: 1NGi0gnrUGrSkiWfC1AV27owZ8oqCfYcG7hrZp63qKo_jpg.jpg (675x900, 284.82K)

what happened to him?

Get back in the liminal space wagie

Attached: redndt2zx4z81.jpg (4032x3024, 1.12M)

>what happened to him?

see

literally built for racing golfcarts/janitormobiles around in, god DAMN

The place I lived in while at uni had one of those on the right side of the bed. It fucking scared me to death constantly having my reflection next to me and imagining jumpscares to happen any second.

reminds me of that danger bluehair reddit post about a woman going camping and seeing the starry sky for the first time, and becoming scared. Much better to live in a light-polluted cesspit of trash.

In what way is this scary? This looks comfy as shit, I love libraries and book stores.

>Left Any Forums and sold it to it to the person known for selling 2channel users' data, just to rub elbows with the like of Anita Sarkeesian and work for Google.
I hope his job in Google was serving coffee for middle management. He deserves nothing.

Attached: Satan eating Judas.jpg (736x723, 143.41K)

>this scares the shit out of zoomers
you mean yoomers that will never be able to afford it?

why the fuck did liminal spaces have to turn into this big "horror" thing when it just could've stayed cool pictures that felt just a little off

Because people like OP are irony poisoned and hasn't genuinely liked anything in years so they just pretend to be upset by other people liking things

not a very scary game but SOMETHING TRULY EVIL spooked the fuck out of me

Attached: Screenshot_22.png (1516x1003, 84.39K)

That looks like a well designed UI yet also a complete clusterfuck at the same time. How did they manage that?

oh god i shidded and fartet

Attached: garrys mod.jpg (1024x768, 202.77K)

You get scared by bookshelves but not about a demon in your mirror?

source? sounds hilarious

Zoomers are scared of books.

These are good to have in your bedroom when you're fucking your bitch, you can look in the mirror and see how good she looks.

Zoomers wanted to do their version of SCP so they invented an infinite liminal space (The Backrooms) and populated it with a variety of faggy monsters.

It was done on purpose to evoke an Apple II game.

I am surprised so few horror games are based around literally just a normal animal that wants to eat you.

I don't get nightmares often but when I do they're never about ghosts, draculas or empty corridors. They're about there being a leopard in my house or a tiger waiting for me under my car.

that's a good point, a game about being hunted by a bunch of animals could be kino

I guess hunting games might have some of that. That's a sub-genre i've never looked into.
A game where you're evading a giant rabid dog like Cujo might be pretty good. Or an old person going on errands in the suburbs during the day, and no one's around, and you notice some coyotes following you.

SH1 NTSC DDL:
mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk

SH2 DDL:
mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8

SH2 torrent:
mega.nz/#!bYcEnbhC!rYnhvcJiRC46T6yExS0Y61JHZ-5N3WxFvfZMI8xbyhE

>SH2:EE bare essentials (old):
mediafire.com/file/ym8wg5sxcvab6e3/SH2EE_all_you_need.zip/file

>SH2:EE project's home page:
enhanced.townofsilenthill.com/SH2/
>SH2:EE installation tutorial video (old):
youtu.be/fFVwI487ORo

SH3 DDL:
mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE

SH3 torrent:
mega.nz/#!GVVGRLpD!SyklVbuLIkc38ZYji5QL3sWHKtHt9-Bto700My8pH7c

SH4 DDL:
mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc

Mount the ISOs of 2 & 3, and then run their installers like always.
DON'T use W10's own virtual disc app! It will not work.
Don't install under C:\Program Files\ ! This will cause issues.

For SH2, Follow the Enhanced Edition homesite's instructions to the T, and you should be fine.
If you're mega lazy, just unpack the "Bare Essentials" to the game's folder, and you're done! The "Enhanced .EXE" is also the no-CD crack.

For 3 & 4, check the Guide or PC Gaming Wiki.
The SH1 is a PS1 rip that you gotta emulate.
I recommend the DuckStation, but most emulators work OK as well.

>Protips
-Play in the release order.
-Start with Normal difficulty! Don't do hard on 1st run (espec. SH2).
-Replaying them all is recommended; tons of replay value.
-Turn down the ingame Brightness setting, for better gamma & colors!
-Leg it, or sneak! No need to kill everything.
-Turning OFF the flashlight can really help w/ stealth!

Attached: Silent Hill PC guides.png (1281x6118, 1.05M)

RE1.ISO (mediakite):
mega.nz/file/3tQ31AAS#SrlvTHyBvVpKhjDtF_AcuObmFURqnxxtWUQ0i7BDOok

RE1 (torrent):
mega.nz/file/OgxkFDqa#lPatnUJSwKO66ZvRT9TmaO6OgaFj9gp5OKtVwBR0KM4

>RE1 Classic Rebirth patch:
appleofeden.de-doc.com/index.php/downloads/resident-evil-classic-rebirth/

RE2.ISO (SourceNext):
mega.nz/file/y4Bm2Zba#h_sPD3NFcc_H-BpYoVLCjQLdfPNbu91PWUGHmS21T68

RE2 (torrent):
mega.nz/file/GkxEVbQY#aaoRRSv4CiZztkbPgqC8KCTPFP2TC60okhtabHw4GOs

>RE2 Classic Rebirth patch:
appleofeden.de-doc.com/index.php/downloads/resident-evil-2-classic-rebirth/

RE3.ISO (SourceNext):
mega.nz/file/nhoE2ZgT#A3hWmmB8Fd-buJF6aydFR0T_5Ri--RyNmh4lVzVekrk

RE3 (torrent):
mega.nz/file/Kl5wFbRT#_wL3QtINP97dZDBSnyt0buyDh4qhnXksiKs_ZdZfpvM

>RE3 Classic Rebirth patch:
appleofeden.de-doc.com/index.php/downloads/resident-evil-3-classic-rebirth/

Dino Crisis 1 (SourceNext):
mega.nz/file/SkpjTK7b#umW80KxGYzGjt3m_EdI6JyVRFwvIIRwRjFRW3GZpwMQ

Dino Crisis 1 (torrent)
mega.nz/file/bhpBxASK#2BiRw4N-cutn4up-L3qx7HOovvFTT6YArGFaJy6V5v4

>Dino Crisis 1 Rebirth patch:
appleofeden.de-doc.com/index.php/dino-crisis-classic-rebirth/

For RE2 & 3, copy paste the code (CD-KEY.txt) at config setting or else the game will not boot up.
Check the PCGamingWiki site for more mods. (Optional)

Attached: Resident Evil Trilogy PC guides.jpg (975x2250, 3.32M)

Attached: Fatal Frame guides.png (1300x5768, 2.1M)

something like this could be genuinely unsettling if it went on for longer and you aren't able to work out if its real or fake

Whenever I'm alone in some place I feel like shitting
I don't, but biologically speaking something happens that makes the shit go down

Is this series worth playing? I considered it but I saw so many people here claim it's a tranny series

you're a faggot

Are you implying moot is Judas, and Any Forums satan?

Get rid of jump scares
Get rid of the clunky controls
Get rid of the combat that takes away from the scare
In fact get rid of the entire game.

Anybody play this?

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 497.73K)

OH SHIT! BOOKS! HELP ME NIGGERMAN I AM GOING INSAAAAANE!

based

Ignore him. Boomers dont get liminal spaces because the dementia is kicking in on them. Just ignore them.

Code Veronica is terrible and got only some little hype because it was a time limited dreamcast exclusive.
Even RE3 was better than Code Veronica.

Attached: 1638456470632.jpg (855x1171, 142K)

So did you hear about that new Poppy Playtime game?
I hear everyone's loving it. People can't get enough of that Mascot Horror "Past Nostalgia Gone Spoopy" game for kids now.

I just want to say one thing about liminal spaces because its more than just, muh empty rooms.

A well lit empty room is of course nothing, its all about atmosphere. Huge indoor areas that are enclosed or feel enclosed i think really give off this feeling. to me it reminds me of going to this huge museum as a kid and it being twice the size to me. from kid vision it really seems surreal. its also the feeling of being in an server by yourself. I dont think you can really do that anymore but if I spent to long in an empty server of a game I started to get freaked out. a weird kind of paranoia.

This pic reminds me of that goosebumps book with a comic book store where the mc gets sucked into comics.

That's just horrific and sad.
What the heck was going on during his time at Google that caused him to change this much, or if not before that?

at least seven

based