This is how stupid FROM thinks you are

This is how stupid FROM thinks you are.

Attached: maliketh.webm (1280x720, 2.97M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LQ-jHiZGDxk
youtube.com/watch?v=d0TX-hxpv7U
youtube.com/watch?v=7LjwkTx--O8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

just a combo bro gitgud you cannot comprehend BASED miyaGODi's LUDOKINO design :^)

AND U GON FIND MARIKA!!
AND U GON FIND MARIKA!!
AND U GON FIND MARIKA!!
AND U GON FIND MARIKA!!
AND U GON FIND MARIKA!!
AND U GON FIND MARIKA!!

Except this didn't happen to me.

He did this shit to me too. How does the AI work kek.

amazing end of game teaching people to roll into attacks instead of away

top fucking kek

Attached: 1636408166993.png (646x586, 462.93K)

Does his body under the cloak actually match up with Maliketh's body?

imagine if you could hug maliketh haha

Why the fuck do these bosses not have stamina? What the fuck were they thinking?

They probably don't care about people "doing it wrong."
Or they make fun of you if Dung Eater is any indication.

OH MY GOD
HES ELDEN LORD

They are bosses.

Redditors will literally eat shit instead of admitting that the game is bad

It's a fucking glitch you dumb cunts

WRONG, It's a FEATURE.

>Elden Souls respects the player

Sekiro bosses put in elden ring except they ditched the deflect combat system to appeal to pvpniggers getting their brain fried after using rivers of blood for the 100th time.

and the player in every from game becomes big dick mcgee lord of all that is, yet they can barely swing a piece of metal as long as they are tall

NOe

And?

When have dark souls bosses ever had stamina?

>Get into malenia
>starts to looking each other and wait for the first bonk
>nobody moves
>approach a little bit so she can attack first
>she backs up we start to walk around like circle for 2 minutes

This is how the fight look liked,forgot to record this shit

Attached: B7B9B850-8836-4775-A2F9-0583EE0CBCB0.jpg (640x480, 79.5K)

even if you had super strength, you wouldn't be able to wield colossal weapons easily because of balance issues.

Even if you had superman's strength.

So them being bosses isn't an excuse for them being able to swing endlessly, only taking breaks when they feel like it. The player can't even swing a longsword more than a half dozen times without their geriatric ass needing a breather

Buy a lottery ticket op

They have pauses which simulate the regen of stamina.

Dark Souls 1

Why not? They are bosses. You are the player.
Why did you think they would have the same rules as you?

You're right the next game should have the bosses flying above your head half the time as well, they shouldn't be restricted to the laws of gravity like you are.

The player needs steroids in the form of Runes to compete with the Bosses, his strength isn't natural to him.

And yet a player at the stat cap can't swing infinitely like an early game boss can choose to, despite also being able to cut them in two with one swing.

>mimic tear
If you cheat then the boss cheats too, sounds fair.

Like Storm King? That fight was kino of the highest order.

I'm fine with that, I didn't have a problem against the bosses even with pushing endurance. I didn't even get it half max and it still wasn't a problem.

I'm not really restricted by the laws of gravity like your autist ass implies. Every swing of my colossal sword should shatter my joints. I'm powerstancing them, my wrists should be gravel.
Its a video game lad.

That shit never happened for me. Looks like a bugged game loop not input reading.

All the webms for this game on Any Forums are bad faith for some reason.

shills for other companies don't have much to attack Elden Ring about

false, brainlet

At this point I'm convinced From just doesn't have time to think about it with how quickly they shat out these games. So whenever they revamp some part of the engine to support a design decision for one game, they'll just carry it to every other game for no fucking reason. Bloodborne made the combat more aggressive and fast? Dark Souls III is Bloodborne 2, fuck you if you liked how it was in DS1 and 2. Then Sekiro removed stamina altogether and gave you tools to stay engaged in combat even as bosses wailed on you with infinite stamina endless combos? The boss behavior carries over to Elden Ring, even if the player mechanics don't. Just like DS3 being Bloodborne 2 but without the Rally that made Bloodborne work.
They're unironically too busy to care about balance and design for sequels at this point. I think I'll only play the games that make significant changes to the formula, because those will have thought put into it, the next one will just mindlessly rehash that game, no matter which franchise it belongs to.
God help us with whatever mecha bullshit but without the mechas will carry over to Elden Ring 2.

They probably aren't as emotionally attached in such an unhealthy way with the games they make as you are as the player.

This is actually true, Miyazaki himself said that he never plays his games once development is done. Every boss becoming Artorias probably has a lower impact if you've never fought Artorias himself since 2012.
Before Elden Ring I'd say that they should still worry about it to avoid fatigue and people generally losing interest in their games, but Elden Ring's sales numbers clearly prove me wrong, so yeah.

It's your fault for rolling away.

Attached: dickriding.jpg (474x676, 32.22K)

>So them being bosses isn't an excuse for them being able to swing endlessly
is is though?

yeah cuz you've never been pvping and something retarded like this happened

These games are cornerstones in the new era of gaming, people take them too seriously sometimes.

If the boss cheats then you cheat too, sounds fair.

Kek

They should legit remove backwards roll in the next one so shitters can be forced to learn

You'll get it when you play more video games.

one shot youtube.com/watch?v=LQ-jHiZGDxk
lvl1 youtube.com/watch?v=d0TX-hxpv7U

>How does the AI work kek.
It doesn't.

just attacks based on your position and distance it seems. Bosses have infinite stamina so of course it'd end up like this

We've been over this. This webm is the player baiting out the healing-punish attack and evading it over and over.

>This webm is the player baiting out the healing-punish attack and evading it over and over.
No it isn't retard. It's from a thread where the player was please that he was able to avoid the attacks for so long. Stop apologizing for From's coding "skills".

If you had enough super strength you literally would be able to use them

Yeah, just like how I can bench 180lbs, but moving a mattress is easier because they're 70lbs on average.

>flask in hand

Fucking kek, I'm actually cackling

If you can continue to dodge infinitely, the boss should be able to hit you infinitely.

So when do you attack?

You can make up whatever schizo reasoning you want, fact of the matter is that's what the video is from. It wasn't even a complaint about the game, people just realized how shit it was and used it as an example of how shit it was.

Because there's no limit to their actions, allowing them to attack more aggressively than your character has the statistical capacity to respond to, which is exacerbated when you take the cost of attacking into account. Previous Souls games artificially limited them through AI conditions, but Elden Ring abandoned that for some reason. The limits don't even have to be equal, Nioh did it fantastically.

When you change your tactics. Instead of backrolling infinite, why not roll in front? Or parry? Or take the hit and endure it?

If you refuse to learn, then you should be punished for it.

haha what if he was a romanceable character wouldn't that be weird and funny lol

god, i can't imagine playing this stupid game without a shield and that's coming from someone who never touched them in dark souls

>When you change your tactics
People need to stop acting like these games are tactical. The safest thing to do in every one of these games is to sit behind a shield and poke enemies with a spear.

I changed my tactics and now everyone's telling me I didn't beat the game for some reason

And the mask slips.

>tarnished, YOU should KICK my BUTT

Attached: Marika-scaled.jpg (2560x1440, 238.48K)

>schizo theory
>flask in hand

It's not even a theory, you're just wrong.

Attached: 1629832520056.jpg (367x388, 16.63K)

well you are the one stupid enough to roll backwards forever instead of doing anything else
so I guess FROM was right

Tactics is actions performed to achieve goal, whether its sittin on shield, dodging, changing weapon for specific fight, etc

There's nothing special about the word tactic other than the fact that if there's any action direct strategy involved in beating it.

You can argue word definitions all day, but you still need to stop pretending like these games are designed to be headscratchers that require critical thinking.

malenia chaining her flurry attack was way worse, had that happen to me like 5 times in a row

name one game whose bosses have stamina

>it's a Malenia waterfowls me to the shadow realm while I'm stuck in an r1 animation

Attached: AU0vv.jpg (700x692, 38.85K)

If you don't have anything to add, don't post.

not the waterfowl, the one where she chinks her prosthetic then dashes in and does a flurry followed by a single slash, that shit can chain like in the OP

Obviously OP doesn't have critical thinking thats why he only kept doing the same thing over and over again

I had something to add.

Or maybe the person in that clip is a caster that doesn't want to be in close range so they're using an evasive tactic to get some space, but the AI is too shit so it doesn't work until their summon breaks the endless attack chain.

Attached: Thonk.png (243x217, 123.32K)

TES1-4
Def Jam: Fight for NY
MGS3
Kingdom Come
Nioh

If OP isn't adaptable to the situation, then they get punished.

Whats the issue? The game wants you to adapt, refusing to do so leads to your death, over and over and over again.

>then they get punished.
But they didn't. I have no clue what your point is.

Attached: 1650514775737.jpg (600x450, 55.04K)

Just so you know, OP didn't make that .webm. Have you considered the possibility it's meant to be a demonstration?

Zanzibart… I…

Which is?

>Why did you think they would have the same rules as you?
To actually reward you for learning the fucking game?

Demonstrating that if you don't adapt, you get punished?

See

If they didn't get punished, then why are you crying?

Your mask slipped.

You forgot your meds again

I hated the Git Gud meme, but this is appropriate.

>If the player doesn't change their tactics they should get punished, praise Miyazaki
>But they didn't get punished at all
>Why are you crying?????
Fucking funny user.

Attached: 1629832093416.gif (245x193, 699.07K)

This thread is a cryifest. Your denial of crying doesn't change the fact.

>I need my bosses to stand there motionless so I can land my attacks!
Fuck off, it's not a turn-based game.

Sex with Maliketh

Downplay the complaints all you want, deflect to some nonsense about tactics, and then backpedal to basic insults. People tend to complain about developer incompetency, regardless of how much it hurts your feelings.

No one is crying, for starters. It's simply showing the AI's behavior. If you want to add interpretations, it's showing the absurdity of it doing one thing over and over without ever succeeding or tiring. As has been previously stated, a game can be flawed without it being a difficulty or skill issue. See pic related for another example.

If you're going to insist on this so much when most of it is jokes or otherwise bland comments it just makes it look like you're projecting.

Attached: 1650393787882.webm (960x540, 2.83M)

You're crying. Just accept the fact. Denial doesn't get you anywhere.

You cried so hard because you only got so far,
In the end, it didn't matter, because you got filtered

Thank you for your concession.

Attached: 1649739604303.gif (357x256, 785.67K)

i don't remember this reference

whats the problem here? All I see is that the RNG just landed on that particular attack many times in a row

Roll forwards+diagonal

This isn't a good thing. Input reading shouldn't especially in games like this be doing fighting game tier things like reacting before a animation is even present. Action games rarely if ever have this issue. From are just hacks. Stop pretending because the logic or rationale more so is okay it means the application isn't painfully mediocre/flawed in ER. If input reading is obvious then its failed. This is just an objective fact. If the player can flat out tell their input is being read without even any prior experience with an enemy its just bad design.

>allowing them to attack more aggressively than your character has the statistical capacity to respond to

The character in the webm was able to evade all his attacks though. If you want to complain, then complain about the game giving you infinite dodges and designing around that instead of being more tactical.

Attached: 1634045802350.gif (630x580, 3.94M)

he is for cuddles only
and besides he is way too big for sexual

There are instances where this will come up that aren't OP's webm, it's just toeing the line. Avoiding Waterfowl or Elden Stars costs a full stamina bar, for example, but the former can be done multiple times in a row or after being hit and the latter can be done back-to-back with similar projectiles such as the arrow rain. What you said is also a valid criticism, but it isn't actually infinite.

>Avoiding Waterfowl or Elden Stars costs a full stamina bar
no it doesn't lmao you're retarded

Okay then, what's a stamina-efficient method?

Who cares?

I just used Rivers of Blood and Mimic Tear and smoked this faggot on my first try lmao.

roll forward you stupid fucking retards!!!!!

Bosses follow the same basic in game rule sets as players in good games.

so like every dragon boss in the series

no, they are not you fag.
Its the obsessed fanatics that were turned into fromdrones by the skinnerbox mechanics of the games that always shill how good the games are.

disprove him then

>Miyazaki himself said that he never plays his games once development is done
kinda same how some social media developers dont use it or limit using it for themselfs or their children.

I hope this is just a glitch because it's pretty retarded

>rolling into attacks is good game design
>rolling away from attacks is bad game design
fromdrones are mentally ill.

also TES 5

As ever, infinite stamina was a mistake.

>fromdrones suck miyazakis cock
>face criticism
>abandon thread
to be fair, there is not much they can do.

Everything wrong with ER is the stuff that feels like dark souls 2.5. Tanimura should be taken out back and beaten visciously. Can't wait for then to ruin ER with a SOTFS tier update.

tanimura isnt the hack miyazaki is.

>Zero anime swordsman fights in DS2
Yeah this is totally his style.

Is this the new Fromdrone template? Make some shit up and then when everyone calls it out as bullshit, challenge them to jump through hoops?

Attached: oprah-thinking.gif (500x282, 464.8K)

absolute retard stop posting

but the dude is literally healing as soon as the webm starts

i dont get it

The Hideous Teriyaki defense force checklist
>you didn't play it
>you played it too much
>filtered
>cope
>seethe
>git gud
>no one cares
>previous souls games were shit anyway
>works fine on my machine
>they patched it
>ubisoft/horizon dev
>shazamtranny
>ADHD zoomer
>discord raider
>too long didn't read
>input reading is a fair game mechanic and how AI works
>they added bodytype A/B at the last minute to appease americans
>Tanimura is to blame for that
>GRRM is to blame for that
>reusing bosses is fine because if you missed the crucible knight at that one dungeon you'll still get to experience that unique fight in another dungeon nearby
>reusing dungeons is standard open world design
>it's good because it doesn't have a questlog or a minimap
>it makes some literal who on twitter seethe, you have to like it *unholsters twatter screencap*
>it's kino GOTD 10/10 greatest game of all time cuz my favorite literally who infleuncer said so, *unholsters twatter screencap*
>it sold gangbusters, trillions of flies can't be wrong
>DS1 had 8 copypasted titanite demons, check mate
>DS3 had 25 copypasted deacons in the deacons bossfight, checkmate
>it's not a movie game, so you have to like it
>I'm a woman
>just skip the copypasted content bro it's optional
>just play the legacy dungeons and ignore 80% of the game bro
>all souls games fall off past a certain point bro, it's normal
>all open worlds recycle content, it's normal
>that quest is actually finished, it's just no one found the trigger
>just level VIG
>>he levelled VIG

Attached: pseMboo.png (242x480, 290.64K)

>Summon mimic
>Heal
>Roll
>Roll early
>Get hit
>Roll x25
>Switch spells x5
I don't even know what the argument is at this point. Are you arguing that because he healed it broke From's god-awful coding?

>One out of 42+ bosses is a typical, almost Classical, Samurai duel
>So clearly Berserk reference #408 that leaps around the arena throwing rocks and attacking in huge sweeping strikes with a second phase that has him literally flying through the air like a helicopter firing sword beams is Tanimura
Fuck user, idk, you might be on to something.

Not!Asylum Demon #204958 and Burial Watchdog #34059 feat. six random ads sure is though.

It's just Any Forums jew tactics "Moving the goalpoast" as it were, but with sprinkes

I am far more stupid than that.

the absolute state of from drones

>mimic tear
He was just giving you what you deserve for being a shitter.

>Bosses have infinite stamina
And people find these games fun

Attached: 1652423203969.png (155x149, 18.63K)

>Enemy jumps into the projectile
>From drones claim there's no input reading

Attached: 1652423450847.png (768x768, 1.07M)

explain why "input reading" is bad

BASED cherrypicker.

LMAO
where is shazam when you need him

>j-just roll into the boss and clip through his sword to avoid the attack!!
i-frames were a mistake

Honestly after playing Sekiro it has ruined souls games for me, I can't go back to rolling around an enemy and waiting for a hit, it feels awful like you're not even fighting the boss atleast in Sekiro you can stand your ground and push an enemy back on equal footing whereas in souls all you can do is dodge and parry but the parry window being so unforgiving when you fuck up makes it not even worth it.

All games 'input read' retard.

Elden Ring was in development for five years.

you cant come up with anything on your own?

Monster Hunter

Not really.

Attached: 1648243878672.jpg (1560x1224, 551.96K)

NPC's cheat, most videogames do this because developers are too lazy to develop a combat system where both players and NPC's play by the same ruleset.

Lets not forget demon souls was considered a MonHun knockoff just like godeater when it came out

Not him, but most games do some form of "input reading". More likely is that they're reading the state the player is currently in, or reacting to some type of event happening like a grenade hitting the ground near them.
The difference is most games attempt to hide it through giving AI delayed reactions. If this is window is too large the AI will feel dumb. If the window is too small you end up with elden ring where it feels a bit cheat-y.

They do but they don't do it as ridiculously bad as the enemies/bosses in ER, From is lazy.

The point of that image is that state-based responses aren't input reading.

KEK

>No Skill
yeah, looks that way

They actually literally are.

Lots of input reading

Plebeian

Why doesn't the boss change his tactic user? Oh right because he's poorly coded, that makes it ok then. Also he's a boss so it doesn't look ridiculous at all, just adapt bro :^)

I have a feeling you're not using the colloquial meaning of input.

>You're right the next game should have the bosses flying above your head half the time as well, they shouldn't be restricted to the laws of gravity like you are.
Wassup!

Attached: erdtree-burial-watchdog.jpg (1428x744, 39.07K)

where the FUCK are you supposed to punish here?

Attached: 1649014190305.gif (220x248, 85.43K)

I play monhun and never played souls but
Cant you just roll in, roll to a flank and hit him?
Since this has a lot more iframes

>where the FUCK are you supposed to punish here?
When the mimic hits him in the back and draws aggro away from you.
The 'people' who think FROM would spend so much dev time and resources on something they didn't want you to use are retarded.
Not that ashes are an actually good system, they break the AI pretty bad but the game was clearly balanced around them.

Attached: 1591379177088.jpg (640x480, 97.77K)

When his attacks are faster than yours and his attack lasts as long as your i-frames?

retard lmao

Souls games have retarded hit detection, you'd get shanked for trying that.

>boss has infinite stamina and can keep comboing for half a minute
>player has basically free rolls and can keep rolling for half a minute
Casualized as fuck, stamina management was a core element of the classic Souls games.

Ahahahahahahaha fuck sake this game was fucking shite. I can't believe wasted money buying this.

Attached: 20220512_153900.jpg (1080x836, 141.74K)

He have a opening if he throw stuff at you.

Yes you can, these guys are absolutely mongoids, the game has flaws, but 90% of the time these people bitch because they unironically can't play videogames (Git Gud meme but true)

Any Forums is legitimately retarded.

You can't punish that attack string without trading, are you dumb?

It's nothing more than a cope shitters invented. It's like the enemy placement cope they use for DS2.

>lol just put a ghost shader on top of a mob and make it friendly
>so much dev time and resources

THIS DUDE DOIN STRINGS

>state-based responses aren't input reading.
I'd agree with that. However adding that elden ring also probably doesn't do any raw player input reading in their AI, which is what I got out of that image.
Input reading would be if they reacted instantly to button presses, or rather looked directly at the player's queued command in the input buffer and used that information, which I really doubt they're doing. It feels like it sometimes, but I think that's more a fault of how quickly they react to state changes than actual input reading.

What's wrong with trading?

Yes, but the difference is that normal NPCs react to your action, not the input. There's a reasonable, brief delay.

What kind of retard trade with bosses?

Fucking no. The action is the input.

Anyone with a shield and a thrusting weapon.

You are one dumb motherfucker. The action is the result of the input.

>Input reading would be if they reacted instantly to button presses, or rather looked directly at the player's queued command in the input buffer and used that information, which I really doubt they're doing
No, they literally do.

Attached: er dodge AI.webm (1280x720, 2.96M)

Nothing if you've got at least 99 vigor, otherwise prepare to eat shit and lose the fight because your 400 damage rolling R1 didn't stagger and that 900 damage you just ate for trying to trade is about to be doubled

And they happen nearly simultaneously, with a delay of scant miliseconds, not even near to human reactioon time. What you are describing is a game with an artificial delay to mimic reacting to the action but is actually just input reading.

Now this is just ironic.

>it's showing the absurdity of it doing one thing over and over without ever succeeding or tiring.
There's nothing absurd about that. It's how 99% of videogames work.

>It's how 99% of videogames work.
It's how JAPANESE video games tend to work. There's a reason speedrunners find Japanese video games very easy to manipulate but not so much western games. Japs tend to design their AI to be deterministic, i.e. given a specific state the AI will always behave exactly the same way. Western devs like to make the AI feel like actual AI so they use a bit of fuzzy logic and shit to mix things up. The AI might have a tendency to behave in certain ways given certain states but there's no guarantees.

If the distinction is made between reading input and reading a state that webm reinforces my argument. If you treat the two as the same I can't really debate that.
Frame by frame the NPC doesn't roll until the player actually enters an attack state or the arrow becomes active. It happens instantly(which is still shit) but they aren't reading input, it's still just reacting to a state change.

>not so much western games
Because western games lock people into a series of unskippable cutscenes that make retying tedious and absolutely ruin the end time.

>NOOOOOOOOOO IT'S MY TURN TO ATTACK!!!

Attached: 1568125372296.png (640x600, 614.17K)

>Hideous Teriyaki
God dammit

>most effective thing is sword and spear
>bosses designed to stop you from doing just that
>sword and board not even considered good in pvp
>hasn't tried anything else
actual retard

Loosing the arrow is also an input. I don't have a webm, but this is highlighted especially well by the Magic Glintblade spell which fires on a delay and behaves exactly like .

not him but i'm interested, why is input reading, aka boss/enemy reacting to your actions, bad?

Any Forumstards panic dodge constantly and then heal as soon as they are hit. That's how they play souls games and they're mad that elden ring enemies punish this retarded behavior.

He wants his enemies to be easy so he can say he beat the meme hard game.
After making posts like those he will most probably download a cheat engine to give himselft infinite health or something.

Top tier projection m8
Cant tell which one is more retarded
If fromdrones or touhou fags with their "hard as shit" games that are for normalfags

The typical enemy in western games will slowly repeat the same attacks until you die or close the distance if you are too far away. They don't have stamina and neither does the player. They don't dodge attacks or do anything aside form mindlessly attack you until they die. Why do you fags have to make everything about japanese vs western games? It's fucking insufferable.

It's a realism issue at its core, but it's also at odds with the direction Fromsoft's enemy design philosophy has taken the past few games, which is making them so much stronger and agile than the player that you win by reactively exploiting the AI's limitations. The way it's implemented in Elden Ring makes them seem psychic half of the time and clowns the other half. Most noticeably, once you pick up on how you're literally controlling the enemy like they're your own character it just becomes baffling.

They've always had AI that behaved this way, but it was used much more prominently in Elden Ring. It's almost universal.

Bosses don't have stamina, they have their openings pre-baked into their attack combos as long recovery animations.

Bad players like yourselves just don't have time to tap into these openings as you roll away and run from the boss instead of rolling toward the boss or to his sides.

Even the relentless combo spamming Crucible Knights have a long enough recovery between each swing that you can do a rolling R1 with a colossal weapon.

Attached: 1652382499408.webm (1280x720, 2.78M)

Poke comes out faster than spears.

>rolling R1 with a colossal weapon (posts UGS)
You say this like it isn't one of the most bizarrely fast attacks in the game lol

Not at all, enemies and bosses have been estus input reading and ranged attack input reading since DS1.
DS2 was very obvious on bosses like Mirror Knight, Veldstat and Fume Knight where if you chugged while they were idle, the'll instantly do a running jump slam and usually catch you if youi were too close.

You could try finishing reading the post you're responding to.

Bosses in Elden Ring read your inputs so it is really easy to break their AI. The Godskin Duo were really broken until the 1st patch.

Rolling attacks are the fastest attack each of the weapon classes have at the cost of lower damage.

I have, it's no different than in the previous games.
You could bait enemies/bosses into spamming just 1 or 2 attacks if you were positioned correctly, used lots of consumables or ranged spells.

Even the Godskins will only heal punish you if you're less than 5-6 meters away from them as they have a near half a second delay between you pressing chug and them shooting a fireball.
That + the fireball's travel time means that you can just barely roll to the side if you're not too close.

NPC/invaders in every souls game do this since they have the same move set as the player character.

Also ER gives you the Nightshard and Nightcomet spells that are semi-invisible, specifically meant for enemies that have dodge moves for projectiles.

Those spells really make me realize WHY they made enemies dodge spells so easily. They break encounters.

Having easily manipulated AI isn't input reading per se, no one was defending earlier Fromsoft games' AI, and the AI being bad in them doesn't excuse it still being bad now.

The old AI wasn't bad, and there's no "new AI" since they kept it the same besides telling them how to jump up small platforms so you can't just cheese them by climbing a small rock.

dodge rolling ruined the action genre

Attached: file.png (282x199, 55.28K)

That's ok, because in Elden Ring rolling is 100% optional and every boss can be done without rolling if you make the right build.

Attached: 1651464511979.webm (900x506, 2.86M)

>there's no "new AI"
You're imagining people saying things again.

In any case, what you just described in your previous post combined with what was posted in this thread and leashing (something ER actually improved upon, to be fair) is absolutely terrible. How do you consider all of that defensible?

>if you make the right build.
what if people want to experience content at, you know, well not you specifically, but normal levels

You can get a greatshield+spear/partizan and the barricade shield weapon art very early on a (pre-Godrick) and you can block+poke most of the bosses with ease.

It's pretty much the go-to tactic for an Over-encumbered run where rolls and jumps are disabled:
youtube.com/watch?v=7LjwkTx--O8

>keep rolling away
>boss keeps attacking me the same way
>maybe I should try rolling some other direction?
>no, it's the game that's wrong
I give you it's BS, but be smarter than that faggot.

Play NIOH, bosses have stamina and you can exhaust it by attacking it

I swear the lengths you faggots go through to justify these janky, unbalanced, dogshit games. He DOES dodge in a different direction. Several times. It doesn't change anything.

>backwards roll
>backwards roll
>backwards roll
>backwards roll
>backwards roll

He dodges almost 10 times back and slightly to the right.

>Play NIOH
I did, it was shit for other reasons.

As opposed to what? Look at the fucking swing you retard where else does he roll?

the ki system in nioh for both enemies and the player is insanely advanced and well designed. the magic of perfecting a fully optimal punish on a yokai boss is just nuts. human bosses get really aids in lategame though

forward and right

Never played a Souls game before, I see.

YOU BIG-RUNED FREERF

webms like this make me think the whole code is just a giant list of if statements

The first forward roll worked pretty well.

Is this guy gurranq?
Because he changes his lines if you do his quest, and yet if you don't he's at two places at the same time.

He also uses the same model as maliketh, so I don't understand

Attached: 1642551455008.jpg (500x500, 28.95K)

He eats shit when Maliketh does the double swing attack seen at the start of the webm again.

No it didn't he got hit for that

What's the next cope?

We're talking about punishing man, not trading

Forward and to the boss side where any successive attack will miss because he's out of his face where the boss can easily spam attacks with his knife.

He got hit because he stayed there instead of circle strafing.
Circle staffing makes this boss miss and you get a bunch of attacks in, and this forces him to jump back and throw rocks.

if you actually pay money for shit like this...lol, just...lol.

Lmao I would love to see anyone circle strafe those swipe attacks that cover his entire front hemisphere

Almost 3 months since release in and this game is still filtering the fuck out of shitters.
It's amazing how despite their newfound popularity, Fromsoft hasn't lost their edge one bit.

Attached: 1648539719971.jpg (1080x1285, 207.55K)

Those attacks cover about 45 degress in front of him, it's a basic "don't stay near my face, fuck off" attack that you quickly learn.

Once you correctly roll the first one and get under his armpit, you're out of his range and those attacks have next to no tracking.

All they need to do is give the bosses stamina and this shit won't happen.

>FromSoft
>Hard
Literally modders put them to shame with invisible enemies and everything being the final boss

But what if you were super strong?

Is this the part where we pretend the way people beat the cursed hotdog in bloodborne wasn't by standing in a specific spot to bait an easily punished attack?

you say this as if it's a good thing. The designers and creators of a game should be the most obsessed with it. Same for movies

>The character in the webm was able to evade all his attacks though
And? The fight isn't fun either way

Anyone with a brain can tell a majority of these bosses are scrapped and repurposed from DS3, Sekiro and Bloodborne. Malilketh and his Beastmen cronies are Bloodborne beasts. Ulcerated Tree Spirits are holdovers from the Ringed City. Malenia is a Sekiro boss they forgot to implement. Astel is a scrapped Great One from Bloodborne. Elden Beast was likely going to be Oedons true form or another Great One but got a new coat of paint to look more beautiful than scary. The list goes on.

All he had to do was dodge forward. Why do people want to be able to disengage from the boss for free?
>oh no this i'm in danger, please mr boss, can you stop so i can run away?
Fuck off, why would the boss let you do it?
>waaaah the ai is bad, they need to be more realistic
Is the boss keeping the pressure while you try to run not realistic? That's literally what happens in pvp, are humans not realistic?

>Tactics is actions performed to achieve goal
lmao no

he's really not that anime in relation to everything else in the series, especially from Bloodborne onwards

>Beastmen cronies
To me they look like a repurposed DS2 enemy that maybe was meant to reappear in DS3 instead of the snakemen in Archdragon Peak. They have a connection with the "God of War" (Nameless King), the Snakemen look like the ER beastmen in terms of skeleton and moves and the area they're in is essentially a prototype Farum Azula. Also "Farum/Faraam". You find the shield of this guy in DS3 so I genuinely believe that's what happened.

Attached: 1634582991260.jpg (440x640, 60.96K)

"What can you say about Godwyn?
He was Godwyn.
At this time, I'd like to welcome someone with a specially warm memory of Godwyn to come up and share it with us. "
"FortisSEX"

Y'know, I don't mind the input reading, but does he have to SSSPIT?

Look up Fesh Pince, then Fesh Pince 2, then watch them again because they're great.

bump

The entire Monster Hunter series

i do feel like a retard for buying this piece of shit

>This is how stupid FROM thinks you are.

And they are completely right. Fromdrones are defending a 6/10 game like it's a masterpiece.

yes, in fact, fighting the boss, instead of running from the boss is good game design

u dotn get it, hard = fun, atleast thats what the retards thought.

Yeah this garbage obviously has Tanimura's stink on it

I stopped playing at crumbling farum azula mot because it was hard, but because it was boring. I havent fought malekith