GPU Prices

Have any of you taken the plunge on a new GPU now that the prices are coming down? Or are you waiting for them to go down further?

Attached: twarren_rtx3080.0.jpg (1200x675, 101.19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-geforce-rtx-4090-class-gpu-with-600w-tgp-has-reportedly-been-confirmed
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I grabbed a 5700XT at MSRP late 2019 because I'm not a retarded waitfag.
If you get a decent card every new console gen it'll last you the entire gen.

>RTX 40*** series out in a few months
>nows the time to buy a 3080!

price going down doesn't equal shortage ending, witht the shortage going on it would be difficult to get one, unless you know...the shortage is fake

Won't upgrade until my 1070 doesn't run games at 720p low.
Kill yourselves graphics fags.

lawl
cope

Shouldn't the 4000 series come out this year? I'll just wait for that. I need to move out first anyway.

I just bought a 3060ti. My local computer part store started hiding them behind the help desk and only giving people one. It was actually really easy to get. I upgraded from a 1650 Super and it feels pretty good.

im going to wait for a gtx40xx to come out, my 1070 is still going strong

videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-geforce-rtx-4090-class-gpu-with-600w-tgp-has-reportedly-been-confirmed
enjoy your 600 watt card

I'd be aiming for more like a 4070 any way

They've truly gone full retard this time. Can't wait for the housefires.

>just wait bro
I'm sure they'll be in stock and at msrp come launch

Why would anyone go through scraper hell yet again?

>n-no it won't happen this time!
Sure it won't, lmao

This is probably why I'm just gonna go for a 3080Ti in a few months.

Why not wait for the 40 series? Could offer a much more significant jump in performance and it won't take that much longer. Perhaps a year from now.

I built a new pc with a 2070 super right before the 3000 series launched. I had a GTX 660 before the upgrade and I don't see myself by in new cards for at least 3-4 years.

not the guy you quoted. you can usually only expect a 15-20% performance improvement over the previous generation, it has always been like that. the main thing however is the new cards wont be 15-20% more expensive than the previous cards, more like 30-40% or more depending on scalpers. new cards at release are very bad for fps per $ spend. you rather buy a 3080 over a 4070, it will probably be cheaper eat less power and give you more fps lol

also less likely to get scalped

I think my 2070 will be fine for a while, but the rest of my rig will probably get upgraded.

calm down you Drama Queen, 1% of Any Forums can afford a $2000 video card

That's not the problem.
Name the game!
Name any new game worth 2k to play.

Because of the uncertainty with card dimensions, I'm limited by 30cm max graphics card length (even then I'm pushing it) also as already mentioned the uncertainty with power requirements.

Why the prices are going down?

So just buy a bigger case? Have had pic rel for 8 years now. It was cheap and everything fits with room to spare.

Attached: corsair 200r.jpg (871x1200, 87.62K)