Hey anons I'm about to play this Final Fantasy game, the only other one I've played is FFX. Is it any good?

Hey anons I'm about to play this Final Fantasy game, the only other one I've played is FFX. Is it any good?

Attached: Swgun.jpg (414x500, 56.79K)

No don't bother it's the worse one.

Are you retarded? FFVIII is absolute shit.

This guy is fucking retarded don't listen to xim

It's the best in the series

8's good
the loud minority of brainlets who hate it only do so because it wasnt 7-II.
>b-but the story is le wacky
every FF game has a fucking mushroom trip of a fucking story
Chains of Promathia is the only one that isnt completely ass-backwards and filled with plotholes

but yeah
Pros
>fantastic OST, tunes are better and more memorable than in any other FF game
>good waifus
>good boss fights
>good memes
>kino playstation era when everything stopped looking like single-polygon jank (7's almost impossible to go to if you missed out on playing it at the time, looks like ass. 8 doesnt have that problem as badly)

Cons
>game doesnt really open up until halfway thru disc 2
>play it on PC because some items can only be obtained with the Chocobo Tamagochi
>game's balance is fucked, it's very easy to break if you have half a brain
>the last disc is literally just 1 dungeon and a cutscene, so game feels kind of rushed at the end

oh also, if you can try to find isos of the original PC version and get the HD retexture mod.
the remaster unironically runs and looks worse than the old version modded slightly.

junction system is shit and breaks everything. don't even need to level in order to progress

Attached: 1647358738688854105.jpg (1357x922, 39.36K)

prepare your kino

There's some correlation between FFX and FFVIII lovers. You'll like it, if you really liked FFX and specifically liked it because of its story and characters.

It's fucking atrocious. In ways that boggle the mind. Only a madman would've created FFVIII.

when it came out, everybody in the west loved it. Most kids and teens playing it in highschool just thought it was amazing even if Rinoa was annoying. Also FF7 jerking wasnt as phenomenal as it was today, and most kids thought it funny that Aerith died because "hey jher limit break sucks so I wasnt using her anyway".

Then whatever happened and the nostalgia effect kicked in , FF7 became a legendary phenomenon and people started hating of FF8 because "muh junction, muh love story ,muh realism" , as if no other FF games ever had those.

Now we're beginingto go full circle and see people being proud of liking FF8 again because it's legitimately a good game with an absolutely stellar OST, and anyone who says otherwise is a brainless NPC that watched too much Spoony or had his brain washed by FF7 consumerism.

Also, Quistis is best girl.

Attached: Screenshot_2021-05-10 v - Name a worse JRPG party - Video Games - 4chan.png (399x559, 456.24K)

Yeah it's way better than x

Ff13 is the worst one then 10 is the second worst

I hated 8 when it came out, but after playing it a few times I actually enjoyed it. Yeah quistie is the best girl

Contrarians on Any Forums try to ruin everything. FF8 is the best game in the franchise. The storytelling is not in your face like in 7 so someone who has autism cannot grasp it. You have to pay attention and the game will reward you greatly.

>every monster is unique
>best rendition of ATB on PS1
>most complex FF protag
>thematically synced world, gameplay and story
>best OST in the franchise
>best minigame in the franchise
>subtle storytelling

It's above everything else. The junction system allows you to play the game in the way you want. If you are a meta min/max singleplayer retard, the game lets you do that and break the system. If you want challenge, the game lets you do that as well. It is completely up to you how you approach the game and how difficult you make it for yourself. Monsters level with you which is an amazing feature of the system, further supporting the flexibility of gameplay.

It gets shit because it sort of has the shit later Square Enix gets ragged on for (Emo teens, barely any Fantasy in Final Fantasy, overdramatic fight scenes and nonsenical plot that defaults to lol time travel like Kingdom Hearts) but it's not bad.

>barely any Fantasy in Final Fantasy
You mean like magic, summons, spaceships, mythical beasts, sword knights, sorceresses?

> dragons
> witches
> magic
> fairies
>"not enough Fantasy"

fuck haters

Also Triple Triad is the absolute best mini game in any FF game ever and it's the only one people have been willing to 100% compared to some of the atrocious others of the series.

I remember when FF8 came out everyone loved it. Why it became hated? Don't tell me Spoony because one faggot cannot do so much damage to a franchise.

People bitch and moan about it not being “medieval” like FF1-6, 9 but that’s the only reason why 7 and 8 caught my attention in the first place.

I only played 9 & the 13 trilogy and am currently beating 10 with the intention to play 10-2 afterwards. I liked all of them so far and I'd be interested in giving 8 a shot next.

Attached: BALAMB.jpg (928x850, 188.38K)