Nioh

>want to move off odachi
>every other weapon doesn't hit for as much damage
What do bros? I like how fists, splitstaff and switchglaive look too but I can't get off the odachi crutchmobile

Attached: Nioh 2 The Complete Edition 2021.03.19 - 13.05.04.144.DVR.webm (572x230, 2.95M)

Odachi is unga bunga.
Either ween yourself off of it or embrace it.

Why hit for damage when you could obliterate their ki and spend the next several minutes slapping them until their ancestors feel the disrespect

odachi is great, just always use high stance for the familiar souls roll, and unlock twin moon first. the only skill you'll ever need.

What's your stats? Also Axe does more damage and it gets the benefit of more grabs

fists, grab kick cycle and spinning kick and shit out easy ki damage

fists and switchglaive are the two most powerful weapons if that's what you want, fists are easymode
odachi becomes less of a crutch the further you get, but it stays pretty boring. Mostly a moonlit snow redux machine.

I tried to go for balance and I heard you should get 20 in each stat on your first play

Attached: 20220403124400_1.jpg (1920x1080, 357.87K)

>and I heard you should get 20 in each stat on your first play
It really doesn't matter, it's advice for newbs who can't decide what to do. I was more checking the scaling you got for your odachi.

pretty sure you can go to 30 in each stat, then start pushing the individual stats you like to 60

>fists are easymode
No they're not. I never understood why some people say this. They're strong but in order to make the most of them you need to able to get good at chaining all your skills together. This means being able to switch stances mid animation to chain into skills in other stances as well. They have beyond infinity which is really strong but the timed inputs for that is not easy. They excel at rushing down human enemies in particular but against yokai they're really nothing special and will have a harder time building stacks.

it's too addicting high stancing niggas to death

you can only get more grabs if you can actually land your hits, which axe is pretty bad at with the longest attack times in the game. the low stance attacks don't do more ki damage than other weapons do at mid stance. in fact sword would be vastly superior for having sword ki and kick.

Low stance quick Axe actually does more damage than every midstance quick weapon aside from Tonfa/Kusa/Hatchets if you can get the last hit in.
And even then, something is wrong with you if you can't get hits in with Axe regardless of stance.

more ki damage*

longer attack times = less openings where you can land hits, spee D. reader.

>longer attack times = less openings where you can land hits
Except you get a ton of openings in the game, you get even more openings with Ippon-Datara and Lady Osakabe, you get even more openings with horn breaks, and you get even more openings with putting enemies out of ki, which the Axe is exceptional at doing. There's a reason why the top speedrun strat outside of spamming feathers is just to spam high stance Axe alongside Titanic Strength.

You can already do that with the odachi, fucking love the insta grapple

Mid stance gets the Ki break grapple move though

Charging Bull actually does less damage than the regular grapple, it's just convenient to lock the ki damage ontop

Really it instakilled pretty much anything short of a boss when I was using it

I also Mained odachi for most of the game but fists are stupid broken And I suggest you try them out