Why didn't they just make this "game" an actual movie?

Why didn't they just make this "game" an actual movie?
I started playing and all I've done so far is walk and press A.

Attached: 4b20d8622763c954ca622ca7099038e9--future-games-final-fantasy-x.jpg (640x960, 80.35K)

It's a hallway simulator

You can think of it like an interactive movie

If this is your expectation it's really good

This is why I stopped playing too. makes me feel like I should just download a save file for the later half of the game and watch youtube for the first half. there's not even any challenge yet and I've played for like 5 hours

terrible game. XIII does what X tried to do way better

That's literally all JRPGs.

I get it, I don't care about linearity, but it bugs me how I walk, there's a cutscene, then I walk two steps, and there is another cutscene.
I was expecting a ton of cutscenes and shit but the way they're presented to you is stupid. The 0 actual doing anything between cutscenes is dumb.

This, though it is specially obvious in FFX because you get a cutscene, then they give control back to you for 2 steps and then another cutscene.

Ffx was when ff died

Attached: 1648946715587.jpg (1930x2864, 592.66K)

It’s a post-FF7 JRPG, you don’t actually start the game until an hour or two into it

The postgame is amazing.

GO
NOW
IF YOU WANT IT
AN OTHERWORLD AWAITS YOU

Attached: 1648712736179.jpg (546x546, 42.56K)

there hasnt been an ok final fantasy game since 5
prove me wrong

You get cutscenes in older games as well but they're dialogue scenes because they didn't have the power to make full scenes. This isn't something new to JRPGS, they are story based games.

Its genuinely just a bad game, nothing is good about it other than graphics, the art is bad, the “”””story”””” is bad, the OST is even bad, and it has zero meaningful interactivity. Winning the first blitzball tournament is the only interesting part of the entire game.

ur a faget

Attached: OIP (1).jpg (474x532, 44.15K)

Damn shame you have to brave the main game to get there.

The series at that point was still too big to fail as it was riding on the success of its predecessors. Fans were still in a perpetual honey moon phase and everything with the FF name attached to it was received well regardless of how good it was, while journos sucked the series dick because of said fans, afraid of the backlash if they dared to shittalk the countless cultists.
FF12 is where the divide begun. Journos assumed it was going to be received well regardless so it got the usual too big to fail AAA 90+ metascore treatment but FF fans for the first time in years started to realize something was wrong. A huge chunk of fans were still sucking the game's dick but negative opinions were much more prevalent than before.
This is the turning point. Journos realized that they don't really NEED to blindly praise FF anymore since its fanbase showed cracks.
FF13 was the first game to be received with honest feelings by both fanbase and journos. The fact XIII and X have an extremely similar structure but only XIII received shit for it tells you everything you need to know.

If "too big to fail" phases that popular series go through didn't exist we would be living in a better, more honest world. FF would have lost its popularity by FF8, Souls series would have lost it by Dark Souls 2 etc etc.

>he doesn't like tactics
what a fag

What a weird thing, since XII is the best mainline FF.

XII isn't even the best version of itself (that's IZJS) let alone the entire series, nigger.

Careful user you didn't suck off zodiac age even though it's worse in EVERY way (except a higher fast forward speed) than IZJS, gonna get the shills in here.

>Mad projecting nigger can't even make a counterargument
Figures you don't get the masterpiece that is XII.

>vanilla XII
>masterpiece
subhuman Matsuno cocksucker