Anons who work in trade:

Anons who work in trade:
Do you still have time to play vidya games anymore? I'm scared that I'll become just another lame adult that only eats, works, and sleeps.

Attached: arc-welding.jpg (1000x563, 125.03K)

Work 3 days a week so plenty of time if feel like playing video game. Way too much time to be honest. Should do something productive with that time but

What do you do for a living, Any Forums?

Please respond :,)

Attached: bdc3af917d17e2b9c8846dc3972a2485.jpg (886x1200, 202.11K)

Drive a forklift and babysit a bratty corrugated box machine. If electricians/plumbers and the such can work part time, I would be interested. I don't want to work 70 hours a week because I know they're short staffed, already been there and that with the 70 hours a week shit. I only want to work a few days a week, 2 being ideal. My expenses are minimal, i don't need much money.

>Do you guys not have jobs?

Attached: sample_e5c9a03631d2501525901dca68f3fb37.jpg (850x1203, 251.83K)

i work very hard at being autistic and getting tismbux

5 days a week doing dock equipment repair. I had plenty of time for games until I had kids. That's the real filter on free time.

Have been thinking a lot about being an electrician. People always talk it up like its the cadillac of trade work but never mention the hours they have to work.

Electricians get shafted on hours. My helper was a commercial electrician and consistently pulled 80-120 hour weeks for 17 USD/hr. It's garbage unless you're top of the field.

work at the hydrocarbons industry on an office, the job is soulcrushing, the hours are long but the pay is too damn good.

I have to choose between having a life or vidya and I'm already a wizard so the latter is just the default.

When I finally off myself I'll leave my home and my money on my nephew's name.

I install hot water tanks for a living along with doing light plumbing work. It pays per installation/type of tank/add-ons and my minimum is 3 tanks per day. It's tough work but it pays extremely well if you bust ass top earners easily make 6 digits and slower guys make about 80k-90k. I play games still but mostly single player stuff because I don't have time to dump hours into multiplayer shit. Right now I'm playing Starsector.

only electricians that i know do very long hours. basically only go to sleep at night at worst case

How's hours/pay as a mechanic?

I feel like the trades are a bit of a meme. Not nearly as much as a 4 year degree, but it's not the magic ticket to financial independence everyone says it is.

Depends on what kind. I know certified semi truck mechanics usually start out at 20+ in the southeast, so it's probably higher elsewhere. I know dealership techs get shafted, though. Bad hours, bad wages.

I'm a low-level supervisor in a factory whose workforce is 90% Mexican immigrants, most of which don't or barely speak English. I work 60+ hours a week and lose another 12 to traffic, getting ready, and mandatory unpaid lunch breaks. Promoting me was a big risk for my supervisors, and I'm pretty damn new to the company, so I'm hesitant to ask for normal full time hours. I'm also afraid that if I just quit, I won't find an employer as big and safe as this one again.

Seems that way. Almost like some of the higher ups are paying people to advertise how amazing trade work is to try and lure people in to make up for labor shortage.

i'm a cable guy

I hope you find something to live for soon, user. Life sucks and none of us asked for it. But it doesn't hurt to try and find worth where dreams fester.

Depends on the work. I'm a dock equipment repair tech, which means rarely I get overtime and early starts, but I also make over 25 USD/hr with the only weakness being mediocre insurance. But warehouse maintenance techs rarely crack 20/hr, mostly because they usually just do paperwork and call the guys like me that are licensed to carry out the work. It's a tough, dirty job, but the money is good and I spend about half my day driving.

Attached: 20211217_144227_HDR.jpg (3089x1357, 472.84K)