Dragalia Lost

Remember Nintendo first original mobile game? Is being killed off, why it failed and will Nintendo give up making Original mobile IPs?

Attached: images.jpg (739x415, 42.11K)

Why are ESLs allowed to post on Any Forums?

probably

Attached: segay.png (922x763, 849.82K)

DL came out when the WiiU massive failure force Nintendo to try mobile to shut up the investors, they never wanted to do that. With the switch's success, tgey have no reason to continue to push mobile stuff other than FEH.

At least DL lasted 4 years (supposedly because they already had recorded voices for 3 anniversary events).

>Make a Gacha of a extremely niche IP
That is a stupid as making a gacha of a popular but still very recent IP, even if they aren't popular they don't have the "legacy" for a long standing gacha, at least not at the moment.

>Sakura Wars
>niche
It was a massive series in Japan, at the time of the first four games, anyway. The real problem was the fucking retards took a mecha game and removed the mecha from the mobage.

It was mecha? It wasn't a dating sim?

You have no idea what the series was even about and you were making claims as to its feasibility?

The real problem was Sakura Wars was an antique IP. It would be like dragging, I don't know, Heroes of Might & Magic, out of the dustbin of history and making a modern-day gacha out of it.

I am not that user.

I heard the game was a mess since day zero and never made a single profit.

Worked for Langrisser.

Being a well known cultural icon is quite different from being a "massive" series, user.

Sakura Wars is definitely niche.

The first five games in Japan had sold a combined total of 3.8 million copies when Shin came out.
Contrary to what western AAA companies would have you believe, those are actually very significant numbers.

Speaking of EoS, Capcom recently announced that they are killing off MH Riders. I am confused, as far I knew it was doing OK and MHS2's success shouls have boosted it but if seems that wasn't the case.

Attached: FPJAoL2aMAQWBZi.jpg (2048x1152, 351.57K)

But the most recent game didn't even sell one million and they spent WAY TOO MUCH MONEY on it.

You are definitely correct, 100%, but user, listen to your very own argument. Sakura Wars is something like Vocaloid, or Touhou.

It's not like NBA or FIFA or whatever normalfags are into, things that are actually mainstream

Looks like Dragalia Lost

Yeah, because it didn't appeal to anyone. The older games were SRPGs, the new one was an action game. It had been over 10 years since the last entry, so there was no momentum left. The character designs were in a completely different style to the old designs. And the story was essentially incomplete, banking on a sequel to finish it. Sega didn't even try and it got the sales it deserved.

What are you even talking about? We're talking about making a successful gacha with the property here, not selling a game with FIFA numbers. See , the Langrisser gacha also came off of an essentially dead IP but that one was successful and is still going because it was made by fans for fans and didn't throw out everything that made the series what it was. Hell, it got more love than the console remakes did.

But toihou has a 2 years old and running gacha with a global version of it getitng close to one year and is currently celebrating "one million downloads" for the global version alone.

...I like the new characters designs, say whatever the fuck you want about Tite Kubo but the man is a great character designer and now after this failure he may never design characters for a videogame again.

*Touhou
Dammit.

The ninja maid looks like SHIT

Spell Card still going strong shows that English players will eat up anything.

I'm bummed about it. It was an extremely ambitious gatcha game: action game on mobile, four player realtime co-op, completely 3D, fully voiced story, original IP. Even the much hated battle royale mode was impressive for having 20 players at the same time. Already choosing my next regular game, but I'll feel bad about how Dragalia had such mechanical strength but lacked the financial power to make it big.

>mess since day zero
There were problems, but most of them were fixed. Wyrmprints (character augmenting items) being in the summon pool was undone, weapon upgrade system was streamlined, gross imbalance (doublebuff) was dealt with (albeit at a cost; CoN is very limiting), host paying extra multiplayer energy to host was changed to equal use, auto and auto-repeat was added, rolls got iframes, etc. The biggest outstanding problems today are that multiplayer isn't as rewarding for the difference in time compared to solo, the multiplayer/solo energy split and solo auto means players would rather do solo (multiplayer withered), and the premium currency bundles aren't a good enough deal for players to regularly buy in.

The last of which leads to...

>never made a single profit
Its revenue was small, though if there was a net profit isn't known since Cygames' expenses aren't public. Most of that is due the the aforementioned poor pricing, where entry-level premium bundles were such a bad deal that only the most dedicated whales bought in. I'm not sure if this was a restriction by Nintendo or poor management by Cygames, but the result is what we have today.

Reasonable argument I've heard is that Dragalia was Cygames' plan for international profit, but when UmaMusu blew up and got an international release underway, Cygames was less tolerant of Nintendo. Talks broke down, and Cygames started sunsetting Dragalia while spinning up UmaMusu global.

Attached: dragalia loSSt.jpg (541x1009, 381.95K)

I was talking of Touhou Lost word.

wrong the game didn't fail, it's ending with an actual story. 90% of gachas never end and die with no finale,

All those cool characters designs, lost forever unless Capcom puts all them in the next MHS game.

So was I, apparently I forgot the name.

>costly

how? aren't these games just 2d live images in loot boxes?

>It was an extremely ambitious gatcha game: action game on mobile, four player realtime co-op, completely 3D, fully voiced story, original IP.
Honkai already had all of those things like 2 years prior, and that wasn't using simplistic chibi models.

You heard right, every single event for the first six months or so would bring a notable bug with it that wouldn't get fixed until the next patch when the event ended. That included one event having the auto-mode be non-functional for it.

It was full 3d.

Attached: images.jpg (739x415, 43.19K)