Reply If You’ve Seen a Test Screening for the Mario Movie that lines up with these details

Eh, fuck it. I know most replies here will most likely be jokes or lies, but to hell with it.

If you actually managed to see a test screening for the upcoming Mario movie please leave a comment and tell me how was it as well as if it lines up with some of these details about it.

Here’s some of what I know from two people who apparently saw a test screening:

-The movie has stunning animation. Described as very vibrant, detailed and cartoony. Different from usual Illumination fare.

-Movie is an origin story that incorporates lots of elements from various parts of Mario’s history. Some key ones are Donkey Kong, Wrecking Crew, Mario Bros and Super Mario Bros.

-There are four songs in the film including an song by Bowser that is actually the opening of the film showcasing his younger years and why he wants to take over the Mushroom Kingdom

-The movie is very action oriented and has a lot of fight sequences with a total of six. The first one being a fight between Mario and a young Cranky Kong who kidnaps “The Mayor” (presumably Pauline).

-Keegan Michael Key isn’t just playing the usual Toad. Instead, he’ll be playing Captain Toad.

-Mario and Luigi are actually separated for the 1/3 of the movie during the adventure to save Peach.

-Mario goes into the sewers to investigate a report of “Gorillas and Turtles” fighting within them. He comes across Donkey Kong, a now old Cranky, and the rest of the DK crew. He and DK fall into a pipe and get transported to the Mushroom Kingdom. Mario teams up with Captain Toad and Donkey Kong tags along as they all go forth to save Peach.

-Luigi, after noticing Mario has been gone for quite some time, goes to look for him in the sewers and also gets transported to the Mushroom Kingdom. But he eventually gets lost in the Forever Forest.

-The climax involves Kamek giving Bowser a mega mushroom which he eats and then chases Mario and Co. through a system of pipes leading to various levels of the games.

Attached: 83A4D354-23B0-4467-9B3C-FF6E1871935F.jpg (1080x1350, 142.88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/c/NDYBROS
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yeah bro, I did. Production is still underway and they haven't finished principal animation, but yeah, I saw the first cut.

So this is an Isekai, then?

Can confirm, I've seen some scenes of the movie in a test screening that was livestreamed. To prove I'm not bullshitting, I managed to take a few screenshots. This is from near the end of the film, right before transforming Bowser.

Attached: IlluminationMarioMovie.png (1920x1080, 1.31M)

Why didn't they just do the adventures story with the wedding? Every film now has to be a fucking origin story i swear

Cool!

What did you think? Also, can you perhaps give more insight into what exactly they’re going for in terms of the animation style? I’ve read it’s vibrant and cartoony but haven’t really been give an example of what exactly the style is. I are they going for something like the Hotel Transylvania movies? The Angry Birds Movies? That recent SpongeBob movie? Something else entirely?

Attached: IlluminationMarioMovie(1).png (1920x1080, 1M)

At least the sonic origin story was just 2 minutes of killing a bird

Attached: IlluminationMarioMovie(2).png (1920x1080, 1.49M)

I'm too much of a Snoy to see if these are legit or not.

100% Genuine, my friend.

Attached: IlluminationMarioMovie(3).png (1920x1080, 1.27M)

youtube.com/c/NDYBROS
You dumb nigger, I saw that logo on the bottom right.

Always was

*daisy dabs on you*

Attached: MoreLikeDabsyAmirite.png (1920x1080, 1.9M)

>cosmic mario punching mr.L
you had a somewhat convincing thread freindo but this is a scene that only exists in the minds of the most dedicated mario autists

Gotta say, the cranky Kong bit seems too good to not be true

really though I found these when pranking yesterday and was surprised by how good they looked for fan renders honestly

Mr L. Boshi and Cosmic Mario. Yeah this totally isn't some dork with blender models.

Attached: 1589655037330.jpg (1200x1400, 128.46K)

Currently working on it (post). Only thing I'll confirm is the first point. Anticipating people's reactions when they hear Pratt though.

Cool. Looking forward to it and will try to be there when you post it.

>Why didn't they just do the adventures story with the wedding?

Because Bowser isn't the Koopalings Dad anymore.

>blatant marketing thread

Also I'm trans if that helps

Whatever. There is no possible way the Mario movie will be good because of the voice actors alone. Unless they are modifying their voices to sound like the characters somehow, the movie is going to be a joke.

do you speak german?

Then replace the koopalings with Jr or something, shit it would be easy

Oh cool, another Bob32! How I’ve missed ye long lost twin!

And yes, that does help very much!