So is ps2 emulation actually good now?

Attached: pcsx2.jpg (282x179, 9.32K)

:PillowNo:

its ok but 1.6.0 is fucking ancient at this point. you need to use the experimental builds for shit like vulkan and whatnot

I recently played FF10 and FF12 on it and they worked fine.

Depends on the game, some work fine while others don't or only work properly using software rendering which can be slow.

played some obscure games, all worked fine

Not a lot changed recently, a "famous" emudev moved to PCSX2 and is adjusting the UI though and Vulkan/DX12 or some shit. But in practical terms it's the same as it was. And it's been actually good for years btw.

You memesters just parrot idiots.

>now
2014 called, sweaty

I've used this emulator since like 2013 and never had issues. Sometimes it takes some tweaking to get some games working but like 90% of the time its fine. The only two I've ever had issues with are X2 Wolverine's Revenge which is fucked in hardware mode, and AC: Last Raven looks like a blurry mess no matter how hard I try to fix it. It's a good emulator, just old and rickity.

do you honestly not see anything wrong with changing emulator settings every time you want to change a game?

That's an exaggeration, dumb cunt. I've had to do it for specific games, but barely. Besides, it's something you can expect with emulation. Who cares? Are you that retarded that you can't figure out what you need to change to get it working? And if so, are you even more retarded for not doing a simple google search onto the wiki page that tells you the settings you need to get to look correct? Retard.

of course its not ideal but it doesnt really bother me. most of the time the only thing that fucks up initially is shadows, and then i just check the compatibility list and fix it in 2 minutes.

>nothing wrong
lol emuvegans are retarded, they spend coping all day because their computer can't reach its full potential on their worthless hands.

It's not very optimized for old CPUs, but on modern CPUs it's ok.
For example: on my i5 12400 I can play every single game in software mode at full speed, no issues.
On my other i5 2400 most 'heavy' games run bellow fullspeed even in hardware mode. The issue being mostly the lack of AVX2 instructions.

On the other hand the i5 2400 can run almost every single GameCube game at full on Dolphin, and even most Wii games too.

For desktop PCs this lack of optimization is not a big issue, but it's pretty bad for mobile devices, raspberry pi and other small form factors PCs.

even PS3 emulation is good now (as in: you don't need an amazing PC to run a lot of games perfectly)

it's been good for years now, the shitposting just comes from drooling retards who don't know how to config their settings

You also could get a soldering iron, a mod chip from aliexpress, and launch your favourite games from bootleg cds.

That's more effort than emulating.

You should still own a playstation 2.

Yes but you need to fuck with settings depending on your hardware

It's more effort, but still more authentic.

In some cases that's better, yes. In other cases I'd rather just have upscaled shit and looking better. Armored Core is an example.

For some reason, Armored Core 2 runs like shit for my toaster, worse than Metroid Prime 3 with dolphin.
Armored Core Portable games (PSP ports of PS2 games) run fine tho

depends on the game as others said.
I only used pcsx2 to run Ape Escape 3 and it ran flawlessly at high res. uoh ToT

Switch your renderer to D3D11 or whatever. AC games run like ass on the OpenGL one. I've played all PS2-gen AC games on PCSX2 with no issues.

What games even struggle on it now?

Considering the architecture of the PS2? That's a small price to pay. Especially with a wiki existing to tell you what you need to do. It sounds like you just want to be lazy.

It really depends on what your looking for personally. I can't stand tweaking each individual game because of graphical errors. Do it once and do it proper.

< reddit
Am I the only one who finds tweaking PCSX2's settings on games to make them look as great as possible actually fun? Or am I just autistic?

Attached: babyvegeta.gif (500x375, 1002.38K)

What games are highly upgraded from emulation?

Don't act like saving graphics+general settings in text format to load manually like gamepad configs would be hard to implement.

Armored Core series, Budokai Tenkaichi 3, Persona 3, Tekken 4 and 5, GTA Stories games, etc.
This is already a feature, retard.

the latest dev builds are pretty decent now after they got the duckstation guy to contribute.

Where. I've been using pcsx2 for 2 years now and nowhere in the UI does it clearly show, with any UI element similar to the gamepad config menu, where I can export / import configs within 3 clicks and 2 windows.

it's in one of the latest dev builds, it was added recently.