The Cutting Room Floor

Do you like unused content in video games?

Attached: TCRFLogo.png (150x150, 1.21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ratchetandclank.fandom.com/wiki/Insomniac_Museum
legendsoflocalization.com/early-earthbound-discoveries/
doomwiki.org/wiki/Extramap.wad
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

More like Cutting Dick Floor

No, cut content worship is the most reddit shit ever. Let it stay forgotten in the trash where it belongs.

Yes. Check Deus Ex page.

unused content is wasted disk space

Attached: 1648672925020.jpg (220x221, 38.47K)

its fucking cool

The tranny floor

Your existence is wasted space

people really love to jerk off over cut content but 95% of the time it was cut for a reason
but of course you do have cases like new vegas where it was good stuff cut for time purposes

I find unused content oddly inspiring because its a reminder of how much trial and error a project goes through before you get a finished product

>game has a secret area or level that serves as a museum where you can view all cut content or get insight into the games development
What games do this?

Attached: monk.jpg (700x953, 428.83K)

its fun reading through dev meltdowns some times.
pic related its a sprite rip from an unreleased game im digging through atm

Attached: cw sprite reconstruction wip faceh.png (1920x1080, 221.1K)

The stanley parable

Ratchet and Clank from the second game onwards.

Ratchet and Clank series
ratchetandclank.fandom.com/wiki/Insomniac_Museum

Yes. I especially like the pre-release and development articles.
I hope they create a development article for the 3DO version of Doom and the script files for the American localization of Earthbound.
legendsoflocalization.com/early-earthbound-discoveries/
doomwiki.org/wiki/Extramap.wad

Attached: SHAR_Level_7_School_Prerelease.png (640x448, 295.42K)

Off the top of my head, the PS2 Ratchet and Clank games used to do this. You would have to set your system clock to like 3am to activate an out of the way teleporter on some specific level.

I would rather they keep everything in the game, even if it makes no fucking sense. I'm dead serious.

BioShock has the "Museum of Orphaned Concepts" that only appears in a budget re-release for the first two games exclusively for PlayStation 3 and the remaster of the first game.

Attached: latest[1].png (1440x900, 2.04M)

> Hey guys. It wasn't good enough to be in the video game. But we think you'll enjoy it

I like seeing the stuff that was cut simply as a curiosity, but some people are straight up retarded and insists the cut content was superior over the final product.
Most recent example was the Sonic 3 beta with the original pre-M.J team tracks. There are people who seriously insists that dribble is good.

>look at a Mario or Zelda game
>six different indices of content, with constant notices asking for more content on top of what's already been posted
>look at an Xbox or early PS2 game
>a stub, if you're lucky
It's inevitable that some games get more attention than others, but goddamn, would these archivists branch out sometimes and take submitted content for less popular games
The stuff they have on under-explored content is great sometimes

Attached: blasto - modified for christian sensibilities.png (1679x722, 216.14K)

All those iterations of shit that went nowhere really shows how fucked Irrational is and how lucky they were to even get something as good as SS2 and Bioshock on the shelves.

why are trannies obsessed with cut content?

Attached: tcrf.png (577x274, 58.72K)

I like seeing it but it's more a "I'm bored and nothing on youtube seems interesting" kinda mood thing. I don't lament over shit not being put in.
Except saga frontier
and look what happened there.