SMTV is 30% off on Switch store

Is it worth picking it up at that price? (Like 60 bucks for the ultimate edition with all dlc).
I know generally, games on Nintendo platforms that arent fucking ubisoft or capcom NEVER go on sale.

Attached: 8A131311-615E-4E70-8CA4-5F2427E1BC39.jpg (224x224, 4.72K)

we will probably get an ultimate version later anyway, but if you like smt you will not get disappointed, story is non existent but gameplay is the best in the series by far

Story is generally non existent in those games anyway

i've never played SMT

Attached: 1601722071037.jpg (954x954, 90.81K)

NO, it's bad.

If you already like SMT demons and want to see lots of them in action and in HD yes. Otherwise you'll bore of the grind quick.

Well I can only be ambivalent about your situation.

>grind
why would you ever grind on that game, are you a journo by any chance?

>story is non existent
Wrong, there's story, it's just told and portrayed badly.

story is there just to send you from point A to B, there is nothing else going

what im wondering is where do I pirate smt3 remaster with all dlc
I already played smt 1 and 2, recently beat both and wanna give it a go

either emulate the ps2 game or switch, pc game has denuvo and nobody bothered to crack it

>SMT V
>Grind

I picked V back up after not having played it in a few months and while I agree the gameplay is good everything else about it feels like a slog
I'm currently in the middle of the third area and so far it seems like every area is just the same desert + ruined building assets but tinted different colors and the novelty of exploration has quicky worn off
Is it worth pushing through to the end of the game?

Attached: 1648460423357.jpg (394x551, 64.17K)

I am really enjoying it making my first play through on hard. It's one of the most difficult JRPGs I've played in a while. It deviates from the classic RPG formula of getting better gear and grinding if you're stuck, by giving you a lot of different tools (different demon types, affinities, essences, etc.) to choose from instead.

The story is pretty dumb and useless but I don't really care, you might. Exploration is fun because it's dangerous, you can basically almost always get your ass handed to you. There's really good verticality in the map, if you think you're going to just explore by looking at the minimap the whole time you're going to get frustrated. But the world itself is pretty boring, just a bunch of deserts with ruins and they have different colors. It's not like exploring in a game like Xenoblade where you step into a new area and there's tons of cool shit.

That said it's a really good experience for an RPG, it's not perfect by any means but it does a lot of stuff in a unique way that'll keep you entertained. I think it's worth it on sale if you want something with a good battle system and your highest priority in games isn't exploration or the story.

> It's one of the most difficult JRPGs I've played in a while.

Zanzibart...forgive me

Yeah it's pretty good. If you never played SMT before just try not to get too attached to your demons since you'll be replacing them A LOT (although in V it's technically possible to keep early game favorites to the end but I wouldn't recommend it).

Is smtv good? How difficult is it? Im turned off by the recent games having phys skills cost MP instead of HP, i played 4 and didnt enjoy it much because i thought it was really easy and mindless, and ive played a few hours of 4A and liked it so far

the steelbook edition was 35 a week after it came out

Attached: D5F88D47-C0DD-4779-8E7F-1FE1EF891F06.jpg (1024x950, 152.01K)

I played it for 10 hours and had my fill
Felt worth $60 to me