Why the Series X has a GPU that is almost 2 times bigger, plus a faster CPU too...

Why the Series X has a GPU that is almost 2 times bigger, plus a faster CPU too, yet all the games look and run better on PS5? What did Mark Cerny do to achieve this? Are devs getting paid to gimp the games on Xbox or maybe the Series S is the culprit? Since that shit console is even weaker than a PS4 Pro.

Attached: 1.jpg (1600x1124, 250.63K)

I couldn't tell you. I'm not a hardware expert, nor do I have any data at all to verify your claims

>Why the Series X has a GPU that is almost 2 times bigger, plus a faster CPU too
It's harder to optimise for more CUs and MS APIs aren't as good too. Most games aren't CPU bottlenecked either.
>yet all the games look and run better on PS5?
Honestly it's about 50:50.

>games look and run better on PS5

>Games run better on PS5
Sure, because they generally run at a lower resolution too.

>Why the Series X has a GPU that is almost 2 times bigger, plus a faster CPU too, yet all the games look and run better on PS5?

because its loud obnoxious American console, where everything has to be big, fast and loud but ultimately wants to be a girl deep down inside

>because its loud
What lol

Check Digital Foundry.
In like for like comparisons, even when they run at the same resolution, PS5 maintains performance more often than Xbox.

The dev tools and API are just designed better. This isn't like some big secret. Sony went all in on making their console developer friendly last and this gen after completely shitting the bed with PS3.

>Why the Series X has a GPU that is almost 2 times bigger
???
Xbox Series X die size 360 mm2
Xbox Series S die size 197 mm2
PS5 die size 308 mm2

Games run mostly the same on both, wtf are you smoking. The Xbox Series X has more compute units and peak theoretical performance, but the PS5 can push higher clock speeds to bring the performance up to par

He's talking about the # of CUs, not physical dimensions.

DirectX 12 is shit.

>even when they run at the same resolution
This is rare though, and if it happens it's generally on japanese games where there's a clear bias for playstation.

Japanese games always ignore xbox, I remember when AC7 came out and X1X ran it worse than PS4 Pro. Just ridiculous.

Series X is only like 10% more powerful, and some games run better on the PS5 simply because devs optimize for it first since it's the bigger platform

Same with Elden Ring recently, it's ironic though because the Xbox is still the best platform for it because it has VRR.

>some games run better on the PS5 simply because devs optimize for it first since it's the bigger platform
The only answer you need in this thread.

>Are devs getting paid to gimp the games on Xbox
>NOOOOOOO, ITS THE (((THIRD PARTY DEVELOPERS))) NOT THE WORLDS MOST POWERFUL CONSOLE, BUY GAMEPASS OWN NOTHING EAT THE BUGS BE HAPPY

god I wish Microsoft owners just vanished overnight

just like their muscle cars that get raped by sleek euros on the track

Yeah but on the other hand AC6 ran better on 360 than on PS3

it's a selection bias.
1) Any Forums only, exclusively cares about japanese games, and
2) japanese developers either don't bother optimize for xbox because nobody buys japanese games on xbox (phoenix wright sold like, a hundredth of its copies there) or don't even bother porting the game in the first place like with guilty gear strive

What games run better exactly? Every DF I've seen is fucking boring, where both versions are almost identical except dynamic res on SeX has a higher average but PS5 has higher fps.

>it's a selection bias.
>Any Forums only, exclusively cares about japanese games

never knew F1, NBA, Tony Hawks were Jap titles

Attached: 2560B5A9-E791-46BB-8EDF-C3AEBE8C7F2B.jpg (1280x1105, 379.9K)