How are your Japanese studies going?
What are you playing in Japanese?

Visual novels are welcome too.
No English translations allowed.

Attached: download.jpg (200x240, 8.73K)

DESU

It takes me very long to have visual memory, and kanji requires that a lot
What do? 😭

Took a week off to play Dragon Quest. I find giving myself an occasional week off helps fight burn out.

Attached: 20220402_081921.png (1868x459, 806.74K)

>and kanji requires that a lot
not true
>What do?
just learn words in anki and read
look up words you don't know in a dictionary

For me it's Scarlet Nexus

Attached: RemotePlay_0K4lpm6MVs.jpg (2560x1440, 539.61K)

I feel like I have no memory for shit I read or hear in Japanese.
I understand it when I'm listening to it and reading it, but it doesn't stay with me as well, even if it's something memorable. I feel like I can't easily "scroll through" my memory of shit I just listened to like I can with English.

That's because you haven't spent enough time with Japanese, keep doing it and it will stick, trust me

Reminder to ignore people crying/begging for translations in threads.
I once felt kindness in my heart and started translating some manga raws because the usual guy takes a while and immediately the entire thread got all passive aggressive and butthurt because I wasn't the guy who always does it.
E-celeb worship takes precedence over translation. Now I understand why /djt/ spends more time gossiping about youtubers and discord than actually discussing japanese.

i managed to understand the menu of an untranslated game without even starting anki, just through reading. i'm optimistic. i can AND WILL learn japanese.

*パチパチパチ*

ok but who asked

Your hahaue

You should never translate for other people, the only reason I've ever done it is to see how much effort it takes.

とてもよく出来ました

Attached: 1644662493295.jpg (1041x295, 35.16K)

Translating is completely unrelated to language ability anyway

Replaying tales of xillia after 10+ years but the japanese version.
It's sad that once the game starts, on the very first grassy corridor world map field you already have more combat mechanics and depth available than the entirety of Arise. And you unlock more and more options as the game goes on

I miss when they clearly spent effort in the most important part of tales.

is that a kanji at the furigana position to tell you how to read another kanji or is the picture just too pixelated

I think it's 持ち主 on top of 能力者

target language ability is all that matters. I did TL work before and my accuracy was criticized, but they liked "the creative liberties" I took and I was overall praised.

Attached: 1589742202237.jpg (320x288, 55.89K)

Yes, a good translator is a good writer in their own native language (assuming they translate into their native language)

It's an alternative/explaining word to seem deep and cool.