What is the longest boss fight in video games?

What is the longest boss fight in video games?

Attached: long.jpg (459x845, 429.97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rgsZR5Kykz8
thegamer.com/boss-fights-battles-take-long-time-health-difficult/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

if discounting mmos
the later ones in xenosaga maybe, they can take an hour and a half

Higher rank Monster Hunter battles famously went on for a couple of hours.
MMOs have to be discounted because there's been raid bosses that have lasted days.
If you just mean physical length, I don't really know.

Wasn't that one hunt in FFXII super long?

>Higher rank Monster Hunter battles famously went on for a couple of hours
Don't they have a time limit?
t. never played any of them

The later Realizations in Library of Ruina can go for a good hour or two.

I dunno who would take the longest to beat, but Grand Guignol in Black Souls 2 has 9 phases.

the old guy in mgs3

bald guy at the funeral in yakuza kiwami
not even hard, but it takes like 10 minutes because of how much health he has before you get to learn new moves

Every Monster Hunter has had a 50 minute time limit on quests.

youtube.com/watch?v=rgsZR5Kykz8

thegamer.com/boss-fights-battles-take-long-time-health-difficult/

Didn't a secret boss in FFXV supposedly take twenty real time hours?

Older games in the series saved the current health of certain boss monsters if they were successfully repelled.
But your damage would be seriously lacking if it took more than two attempts to actually kill them.

Yiazmat in the original PS2 release of FFXII has just over 50 million hp in a game where the maximum hit is 9999. You can leave, save and come back to the fight without him resetting health. At some point he'll reduce his max damage taken to 6999 and I think he might have some healing capability, so basically it's a ridiculous slog of a fight that takes forever. A good kill time on that version is about an hour. He's got some stuff to be a bit of a threat, most notably application of Stop and some instant death shit, but it's largely mitigatable so the fight isn't that hard if you're well prepared for it, just obscenely long.

FFXI 18 hour boss fight with amer*cans getting sick and vomiting at the end

i got stuck on the last boss fight in a link between worlds for 3ds for like hours, at the very last bit too
how was i supposed to know that you needed to shoot backwards to hit gannon? nothing in the game ever worked like that

I wish I was a magical girl bros...

Attached: 1628856162435.png (1315x734, 26.61K)