Bethesda can’t into gameplay

>first person melee combat
Cringe. One of the major reasons The Elder Scrolls will always, ALWAYS be shit.

Attached: 680FB52F-64C9-4A1B-8928-81F6321694F8.jpg (610x343, 85.94K)

The reason i'm not excited at all for new ES, first person melee sucks.

If skyrim 2 still has seperate cells and loading times for building interiors ill be really dissapointed. Cyberpunk and Elden Ring both had practically no loading screens in the open worlds and plenty of interiors.

Vermintide 2 is the only good first person melee combat game. Mainly due to animation canceling being allowed so you can cut your combos off whenever and reset, and fantastic sound design so your weapons actually feel like they're hitting something. On top of that proper animations on enemies that get hit with a giant fucking hammer or sliced apart by a sword.
Not a single other dev has been able to get these things correct.

vermintide 2 melee combat “works” because it isn’t melee at all. it’s literally just a shitty fps. your melee attacks never actually connect with the enemy

There is no such thing as good melee fps combat.

But then again even if TES went third person it still wouldn’t save the franchise. Elden Ring completely btfo elder scrolls in combat, rpg elements, world design, dungeons, bosses, enemy variety, exploration, etc.

What about mordhau

Based.
Idiot.

Confirmed for not actually having played vermintide.
If you genuinely believe that elden rings shit tier combat is better, seek meds.

Mordhau is slow clunky bullshit that weighs too heavily on the feint system so you just have players in a permanent parry battle or feinting for a minute till one fucks up and then gets stun locked to death.

Ahahaha
AHAHAAHAAHA

Vermintide 2 weapons have literally zero weight and the monsters in the game barely react to your hits. Your “melee” combat is literally just a shoddily hidden fps combat

>Vermintide 2
janky euro garbage even worse than tes
play more games, newfag.

Wasn't this because of an issue with the physics engine

sounds right at least.

It's because of consoles

epically retarded post

>The actual weight of an Electron is 9.05 x 10-28 grams
>What is "weight" anyway in terms of code?
>V2 weapons have a mass and density system along with different cleave values depending on weapon types, enemy mass categories, and armor types
You are both literally and colloquially incorrect. However you are a literal idiot.

That doesn't make sense because of their streaming system that everyone is now copying

>the monsters in the game barely react to your hits
>t. casual pleb that has no idea how the stagger system actually works

skyrims combat is literally hitscan

all they have to do it copy dark messiah

>first person melee combat
the combat being shit has nothing to do with it being first person, moron. It's just that Bethesda simply can't make a good combat system because they're too incompetent and/or unimaginative. first person combat actually has a lot of interesting traits you don't normally get with 3rd person. being able to aim where you attack, not relying on targeting, being able to attack while moving.

Condemned 2

I like first person melee combat, it's how I play Mount & Blade.

Have you even played mordhau? I'm not gonna defend it as some good game because of animation abusing which seems to be the fate of any skill based fps melee fighter (see chivalry mw). But stamina makes permanent parry battles impossible (unless both players back off to rest for some reason). And if you spam feint without your opponent falling for them you've just lost a bunch of stamina + they might get a free hit in while you stand there like a retard feinting 3 times in a row. No clue what you mean by getting stun locked. Getting hit doesn't hinder you from parrying afterwards

>nnnnnoooooooo elder scrolls has to be dark souls melee combat or its not goood nooooooooo
some of us like first person

I feel like the issues with Mordhau (and to a lesser extent Chivalry) just stem from them being competitive multiplayer games, therefore any cheese will be adopted no matter how dumb it looks or feels to play.

>it's how I play Mount & Blade
You're weird, but that's okay

They should add some melee weapon skills to spice up the combat a bit. Other than light and power attacks there wasn't really much all you could do if you were pure melee.

This is true. I wonder if mordhau/chivalry combat would work in a single player rpg. Not sure how they'd make feints feel good since it would either be a guaranteed hit on the ai or a stupid % chance to get a guaranteed hit on the ai. Can't really time it well to confuse someone like you would with a real player