Elden Ring lore thread

Marika canonically planned out the exile of the Tarnished and Godfrey, as well as their return. This shows premeditation to shatter the ring, and further reinforces her involvement with the Night of the Black Knives.

Attached: melinachurchofpilgrimage.jpg (764x114, 31.35K)

I thought that was something everyone already agreed on. What we really don't know is why she did it? Was it really because she found something wrong with the greater will? Also for some reason, I find it cute that she has a lot fo faith on Godfrey to face and defeat her other god self.

No, it doesn't you fucking nigger. There was no reason or benefit to killing Godwyn or the Night of Black Knives for her. Ranni planned it out to spite Marika for taking Radagon from her mother (Rennala) because it mindbroke her mother, and had the bonus of using his soul in place of hers to she could kill her body and become truly Ethereal.

none of the lore matters until the dlc that explains the missing parts/spoiler]

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-03-21 at 12.45.05 AM.png (627x445, 391.6K)

>There was no reason or benefit to killing Godwyn
Create confusion so that the GW isn't paying attention when she decides to shatter the Elden Ring.

>he thinks the DLC will explain the lore of the main game instead of adding a new area with its own lore
First Fromsoft game?

Attached: melinadialogue.jpg (774x71, 25.63K)

Yeah, shit doesn't add up. She went nuts because Godwyn was killed... but she also ordered it? Uhh?

That’s never how from dlc works

i hate that this is true. all of the most important details relating to marika, melina, ranni, and miquella are just completely absent from the game and can only be inferred/conjectured with a ton of iffy assumptions. it's like a murder mystery where all the suspects are already dead.

The greater will is evil

Attached: 0B6BB0B3-AF4B-425F-8EAD-984F00BF3FC0.jpg (1024x740, 171.74K)

yea they do youll get some items that bridge the missing links together and a boss thats like woah so THATS whats going on

just like artorias right

The whole driving motivation for Marika is stupid and weak and makes the plot justification stupid and weak.

>Create confusion so that the GW isn't paying attention when she decides to shatter the Elden Ring.
That's retarded and you're grasping at straws to create a schizo red-string theory. Reality is that many demigods were aware of and sick of the Greater Will. Working on their own plans seperately from one another. Marika was playing the long con. Ranni bum-rushed and kill Godwyn for her own personal satisfaction and goals. Marika flipped her shit and decided the long-con was too slow and suffered for it. Rykard tried to take advantage of the situation to brute-force getting rid of the Greater Will. Miquella tried and failed his dumbass "I'll create my own tree except less bigoted".

yes

>planned the exile of the tarnished in advance, as well as their return after she shatters the ring
>ring gets shattered very soon after her golden order simp child godwyn dies
>all assassins are numen women, same as marika
>literally states that she's willing to sacrifice her offspring in the furtherance of her goals if they don't take part in her plots
I don't know how much more obvious the game needs to make it

everyone was desperate for the lore of gwyn’s other three knights and also the darkroot garden lore, I remember it like it wasn’t yesterday

>they’re the same race so obviously they take orders from her

literally is, it's always fucking time travel or some shit

darkroot is oolacile in the future.

This. There's a good fucking chance you kill Godwyn or some other dumb shit

You should be looking at it as more of a practical standpoint and not schizo-theory. Her favourite and most accomplished child died and it was her own people who did it. Then he became the prince of death because he physically couldn't die but his soul became fodder. That emotional toll broke her and if you go by Gideon's lines, she broke the Elden Ring so that everyone would suffer for eternity.

i was kind of shocked that they made that huge boss sized freaky fish model with a whole body and arms in a giant boss arena and everything but resisted the urge to use it as a boss. feels almost like more cut content.