Can a nigga get some horror game recommendations

Let us spare the RE and SH recommendations, those are given. I'm looking for more obscure or "failure at launch" types of games that are actually quite good. Perhaps this can help other anons discover some hidden gems.
I'll start:

>The Evil Within
>Song of Horror
>Visage
>Layers of Fear
>Harvester
>Paper Dolls
>Tormented Souls

Attached: tumblr_pctl79G6RS1w9j7meo3_500.jpg (500x670, 105.05K)

Have you played Scratches? It's an obscure Argentinian adventure horror game. Pure logic, no action, but it's pretty climatic and gets decently creepy. My clueless aunt bought it for me when I was a little kid and it fucking traumatised me, but I replayed it a few months ago and found that it actually holds up nicely

Haunting Ground is a good time.

Attached: tumblr_16b23a5c85ba425f0fa591fa1e36b893_9f7ab1d8_500.gif (477x268, 1.86M)

>Daylight
>Martha is Dead
>Kuon

>>Martha is Dead
how gruesome is it?

I haven't, nor have I heard of it. I will put it on my list. Thanks fren.

I have heard of Haunting Ground, but never played it. Funnily enough, I used to get it confused with ClockTower for some reason.

Is Haunting Ground the one with a white dog? Also where can I get it?

Never heard of Daylight, what's it like?
I had Martha is Dead on my list, but was worried it would be something like ReMothered Broken Porcelain, which was an alright game, but not really scary. I'll probably still play it anyway.

And I definitely want to play Kuon, been looking at my local retro game store for it, but it seems hard to find. And I'm a retard when it comes to emulating. Any suggestions on how to get my hands on it?

Dismantled.
It came out about two years ago and has a sequel coming out in 2023.
You play as some guy whos car broke down in the woods.
You get kidnapped by a crazy surgeon that stitches monsters together out of human and animal bodyparts. He releases you into a Resident Evil style puzzle mansion where you have to try and escape as he starts releasing his pets to test their effectiveness out on live bait (you).
It plays like a much more action orientated first-person Resident Evil complete with safe rooms and ink ribbons, all entirely made within the GZDoom engine

Attached: dismantled.jpg (2560x1440, 230K)

Excellent, sounds kino. Thank you. 🙏

Daylight is like Outlast but scarier.

As for Kuon, the only option to play it is using emulator. I heard the original disc is rare and expensive. I've played it years ago, its a good game, and fromsoft are so fucking dumb for not releasing it on PC.

Its a good game. The storytelling is very good and gameplay mechanic is interesting as well, but I dont think this game is good for second or more playthrough since its heavily dependent on storytelling.

More recommendation:
>Nightmare Creatures
>Clock tower
>White Day original version

Attached: Eternal_Darkness_box.jpg (256x362, 45.81K)

test

There's one on Steam called Iron Lung I was recommended, you play in a submarine the size of a small cupboard exploring a blood sea with limited visibility

I dunno, it says it's an hour long so you can just return it after finishing it

Forbidden Siren 2
The Siren series is directed by the same guy that headed Silent Hill 1. He left after the first game was complete to go and work for Sony.
The first Siren is a very love-it-or-hate-it game in that it's actually quite spooky but the developers were fascinated by the internet and the emerging concept of online videogame walkthroughs at the time, and so decided that it would be a cool idea to make a game that people would have to come together online to discuss how to beat. As a result Siren 1 has some real bullshit puzzle design so playing with a guide is pretty much required.
Siren 2 has none of this baggage and is actually quite good on it's own. The game never came out in America so to play it in English you'll need to emulate a PAL copy.

Attached: a.jpg (400x300, 44.65K)

I've heard good things about Darkwood.

Attached: Darkwood_02.jpg (1920x1080, 207.58K)

Not that user but i played it and its great, highly recommended. Its very tightly paced, so you are always doing something. Great atmosphere and soundtrack, just a great time if you are a horror fan.

For me Siren 1 is hate it, its so fucking tedious to play. The puzzles make zero sense unless you have a guide. The game is way too hard for its own good, by the tike you can beat a level you wont be scared anymore because you will have memorized it completely.

Unfortunately Haunting Ground is only for ps2 so an emulator is the best option if you don't want to pay a lot and a recommendation is curse the eye of isis an RE clone with mummies

Betrayer
released in 2014 by a team of ex monolith developers that worked on FEAR, you play as a shipwreck survivor in the early days of American colonisation.
You trek across the countryside encountering abandoned towns, camps and forts populated only by possessed conquistadors and other supernatural horrors as you try and discover what happened to all the settlers and natives.
your weapons are old timely stuff like black powder weapons, bows, primitive grenades and tomahawks.
The entire game is in black and white, Although the devs later added in an option to turn the filter off and play the game in colour. The world is a bit like STALKER in that it is a series of open areas that have loading gates that string them together.
there's also an element of detective work as you can meet ghosts of dead colonists who ask you to help them remember how they died
unfortunately the game is unlisted from steam right now so you'll have to pirate it or buy a key.

Attached: e.jpg (1920x1080, 1.23M)

>>The Evil Within
>>Song of Horror
>>Visage
>>Layers of Fear
>>Harvester
>>Paper Dolls
>>Tormented Souls

Attached: shit.png (981x594, 1.13M)

Clive Barker's Undying

>harvester
>sucking
Ok maybe that one bit with the plant because that spot is impossible to find and click on

Attached: meat.jpg (480x360, 20.6K)