Cryodiil.... home

Cryodiil.... home.

Attached: oblivion .jpg (1920x1080, 385.22K)

Oblivion is the worst Elder Scrolls game between Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim.
3 > 2 > 5 > 4

STOP IGNORING ARENA YOU STUPID UNCULTURED PIECE OF SHIT

yfw you get out of the sewers for the first time

>oblivion
>worse than skyrim

welcome to Any Forums young man

>Jeremy SOUL on the soundtrack
>bloom
>Gorgeous UI and menus
peak comfy πŸ™‚

They have improved TES with each subsequent release. I can not speak to Arena as I have not played it. It is just supposition that it is worse than Daggerfall. I know it is unlikely there could be a game worse than Daggerfall but I am making a point

He's right. If you want a deep RPG you go for Morrowind, if you want a well presented normie game you go with Skyrim. Oblivion is shit in either end, and is only remembered because of how badly its presentation has aged.

Based, and exactly my reasoning.
Oblivion spits in the face of both the rpg and the "gameplay" experience.

I don't disagree too much with your order, I will say that Oblivion is the most like a simulation of a fantasy world. I wish they further developed radiant ai rather than dumbing it down.
Npcs actually talking, eating, living is kino. One problem with elder scrolls is replacement npcs don't spawn. Merchant die from dragon attack? Too bad!

is the new TES game ever gonna come out?

>yfw you get out of the sewers for the first time
πŸ˜€

Actually they do, at least in Skyrim. Camilla Valerius takes over the Riverwood Trader if her brother dies, Ysolda takes over the Bannered Mare if Hulda dies or Belethor's General Goods if Belethor dies. There's probably others and it's certainly underused, but the mechanic is there.

Is Skyrim better than Oblivion as is? Sure, but almost all of Oblivion's issues - scaling, leveling, UI, etc., can be fixed with mods and the game at its core is actually great because the writing and quest design are great.

Skyrim's quests and writing are dogshit to the point that the game is insufferable to play, and mods cannot fix them no matter what.

Morrowboomers are usually more supportive of Skyrim, since its interpretation of Morrowind-era lore about Skyrim is merely underwhelming, rather than completely ignored and turned into generic fantasy land like in Oblivion.

>the writing and quest design are great.
Not true, actually. This statement only applies to Daggerfall and even more so, Morrowind.

>594068226 (You)
>Oblivion writing
>great
(You)

>Waiting 10 years for both TES AND GTA VI

Fuck these greedy lazy assholes.

how does the GOAT rpg make zoomers who watched a streamer play morrowind and are trying to fit in seethe so much?

Quest design is fun, but extremely linear. There's usually a very obvious path that the player is pushed onto.
Writing is simply bad. Just go play the game again. It is not good writing, and the ten different voice actors don't help with that.

I have nothing to contribute to this thread. Just here to post an emote

They only improved the game with each iteration.
Only nostalgiafags disagree.

Sent from my samsung - SM-A525F

SOONβ„’

Attached: Tamriel.jpg (5829x6385, 2.37M)

>Daggerfall writing and quest design is great
You've never played Daggerfall. 99% of the Daggerfall's quests are basically the radiant quests of Skyrim that everyone hates so much.

morrowind is the best game by a wide margin, there's no debate πŸ˜‰

Not him but daggerfalls generated quests are better than skyrim's.
And no thats not nostalgia for me i played skyrim before i played daggerfall.

>Pick 10 flowers in Morrowind
>"HOLY IMMERSIVE KINO"
>Pick 10 flowers in Daggerfall or Skyrim
>"eww. Fuck off with your mmo style quest"