Games you thought you would like at first but ended up dissapointing you?

Games you thought you would like at first but ended up dissapointing you?

Attached: dissapointed.jpg (800x450, 43.95K)

Witcher 3. Dropped it after 30 minutes after realizing the combat system is fucking dogshit

Pillars of Eternity
looked like isometric NWN2. dropped in the first town when I can't interact meaningfully with named NPCs and the second character I try to talk to has a lesbian feminazi backstory.

Outer Worlds. In retrospect I don't know why I got my hopes up, but holy shit was that game horrible.

Attached: 811LApkJ80L._SY550_.jpg (385x550, 42.11K)

Final Fantasy XV

Fallout 4 and Red dead redemption 2

I'm still mad

Attached: 1518931382591.jpg (1313x1039, 182.53K)

Hearts of Iron IV. Really liked EU3, and I like the historical period of HOI. I couldn't get into it though, and I think at the time the in-game tutorial even gave out-of-date information relative to the most recent patch. I just couldn't figure out what to do by playing and didn't feel like watching youtube videos or reading guides. I'd like to try again some day.

No game disappointed me more than Disco Elysium. I like RPG's, I like top downs, it had all the check boxes of a game I should enjoy. V sucked it off all the time, reviewers sucked it off, redditors sucked it off(red flag), no one ever had anything bad to say about it. Dropped it after like 2-3 hours, was bored out of my mind.

Far Cry 6.
It was literally 1st person Just Cause. An absolutely silly eye rape zoomer game full of trannies, fags, le random people, and shitty political messages.

Everytime.

That's another good one. Didn't top Disco Elysium on my disappointment list, but holy shit was Outer Worlds hyped like crazy. It's timing was flawless. Right at a time where everyone hated Bethesda, they couldn't piss off their fans anymore if they tried. Then Obsidian comes out with an announcement "from the makers of Fallout NV, the true successor to the fallout series".

Outer Worlds success was entirely because people were pissed off at Bethesda, it sold as the alternative to them, the way to get back at them and it tricked so many people. Thankfully I pirated it, game was ass.

Valhalla. I loved Odyssey and found it peak comfy but Valhalla disappointed me in every regard.

ESO

Demigod, I hadn't ever played Dota maps because I never owned WC2, so the moba genre was unkown to me. The idea of being a unique hero rampaging through a battlefield populated by grunts was appealing, and I really enjoyed the likes of Dynasty Warriors. But dear god it was so fucking boring to play. I gave it an honest try in case there was something I was missing, but there wasn't. I get that this game wasn't the golden standard of mobas but the gameplay style totally turned me off the entire genre.

Attached: capsule_616x353.jpg (616x353, 83.22K)

WC3*

Nioh 2 sadly. Got up to the guy with turns into an Ice Oni, beat him, enjoyed it, and then just haven't played since.

Dragon Age Inquisition and Elden Ring

Bioshock Infinite.

doom 2016. everyone say it was really fast and felt like old doom. and everyone loves it. it certainly is fast, but i found the game really boring and shitty

TLOU 2

sekiro

this shit made me feel the same way, user. People were sucking that game off and it turned out to be dogshit.

FFXV. I liked the bro trip simulator till it got to the midway point with the fucking stealth section and then it just went down the fucking cliff from there.

Fucking all of them

Persona 5

I'm not saying it's a bad game, i guess i'm too old to enjoy it (26)

Nioh. I love the aesthetic, I love "difficult" games where you have to learn patterns to get by, but I really just did not like the stance switching mechanic at all. Didn't feel fun to use to me.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 221.8K)

Slay the Spire. I was looking forward to a fun deck builder. But losing your whole hand every turn completely ruined the game for me.

The roguelike elements feel half-baked and I feel like it'd be more fun if they fully went the action platformer route

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 216.58K)

fallout 4.
I was so fucking pumped for it when it came out but within the first few hours I realized just how badly they had fucked the dialogue and the RPG stuff

Attached: 1643318934974.gif (498x498, 2.04M)

Digital Devil Saga.
Nioh.
Xenogears.
Ender Lillies.
Horizon.

I didn't mind stance switching, I just hate loot-em-up RPGs in general, and the mission based structure and level design/enemy placement feels half-assed.
Repetitive as fuck enemies too.