I have never played a JRPG before, what would be a good introduction?

I have never played a JRPG before, what would be a good introduction?

Attached: F55BB5B1-CEDF-4369-9B8C-C79D9C3B1840.jpg (600x480, 124.37K)

Trails of Cold Steel, bro..

dq xi

Why is her right hand black?

Also to answer your question OP, play either DQ or Etrian Odyssey

final fantasy 6 or 7
xenoblade
any dragonquest
earthbound

Final Fantasy 7, Dragon Quest 8 or Chrono Trigger

Chrono Trigger

but if you're a zoomer who does not dig the retro graphics and "boring" turn based combat, I'd recommend getting the Trials of Mana remake, it's a very well executed standard action JRPG and a great introduction to the genre, in my opinion.

Attached: ang1.jpg (1920x1080, 416.25K)

chrono trigger or any dragon quest.

Chrono Trigger

Attached: 1508978180950.png (100x100, 2.18K)

I'd say some generally famous starting points for the genre would be
>FFIV
>FFVI
>FFVII
>DQVIII
>DQXI
>P3
>P4
>P5
>SMT3
>Earthbound

Try any of these games in whatever order you want. I'd recommend other Final Fantasy games as well, basically any of the ones people consider good (including FFVIII and FFXIV to be honest (they're patching the latter game to make the main story single player))

The Megaten games I recommended are also good starters (including Nocturne, fuck you it's not that hard of a game) but my personal recommendation would be one of the Dragon Quest games. I debated including V, arguably the best game in the series on here, but I'd say start with VIII or XI first and then try that game afterwards.

Attached: IMG_2527.jpg (1242x731, 377.16K)

Oh yeah also Chrono Trigger.
I've actually never played CT before, I should rectify that sometime.

haha.. that's our fpbp!

Not everyone wants to play a 40 years old game, it doesn't matter if they are 40 themselves or barely old enough to post in this board. Just calling everyone who doesn't want to do that a zoomer is shitposting. Stop being a shitposter.

>old games are....le bad!

Chrono Trigger is good tho, although IMO it is overrated. A game being old doesn't make it bad by default.

JRPGs are still being made retard

>OP asked for a good JRPG introduction
>thinking a newer game will do

Attached: 1646961164820.jpg (300x300, 26.45K)

your entry level JRPGs are basically persona 4, FF7 and chrono trigger. entry level does not equal bad obviously

If you prefer story driven games, Suikoden or Dragon Quest V.

If you prefer gameplay/exploration driven games, Dragon Quest III or Final Fantasy V.

If you want a balance of all these things, Chrono Trigger or Dragon Quest VIII.

If you're an Edgy McEdgelord and want tons of melodrama, death and tropes, try Final Fantasy IV or Dragon Quest XI.

Attached: e50dadda74403e11d27d4b5f801042c28cfdd756.jpg (617x874, 64.14K)

Dark/Demon's Souls
Final Fantasy 9
Secret of Mana
Persona 2

Attached: 1623467938892.gif (500x374, 1.95M)

Persona 5, DQXI and something like tales of vesperia are arguably the best entry points to the different types of JRPGs
VII and all those things are too dated and might even be confusing as an entry point. If you like those first three, then you can go back and forth between the older and newer entries of these series. If you liked those three go straight to something like Nocturne for turn based difficulty