Comes out

>comes out
>only flaws are some iffy music and being a bit too linear
>doesn't overstay its welcome in the public conversation
>devs don't even kill any glitches without a good reason, which they publicly communicated the one time they did
6 months later, how do you anons feel about Dread?

Attached: Metroid_Dread_Banner.png (268x372, 165.22K)

I feel like it wasn't worth more than $10 an hour just to play it but still a good game

Agreed, not worth the $80 but still a very enjoyable game nonetheless.

It was the first game I've given a fuck about in a long time, and it will probably be awhile until something I care about equally as much comes along.

Attached: 1648429377302m.jpg (1024x576, 77.34K)

Good example of some major improvement from a development team. Samus Returns was pretty okay, but this was a quantum leap for Mercury Steam. Not perfect by any means, but it was really solid.

Great for what it was, easily much better than Samus Returns and it proved that MercurySteam has it in them to make a good Metroid. That being said the lackluster soundtrack, repetitive boss encounters, samey areas and somewhat clumsily handled EMMI encounters dragged it down a bit, so there's still a lot of room for improvement. The movement was incredible though, easily the most fluid Metroid experience to date. The secrets were pretty damn rewarding to figure out, too. I personally thought it was worth the $60 but I don't know if I could honestly recommend it to a new player for that price, especially when there are longer, better Metroid-type experiences on the switch for way cheaper (Hollow Knight for $15 is a fucking steal). Overall it was a pretty satisfying experience. Glad the fanbase didn't get too annoying about it during its peak popularity period to alienate people who otherwise would've played it. 8/10. and raven beak was a fucking BEAST

Attached: 600px-M5_art_Raven_Beak_01.png (600x600, 254.68K)

i was hoping they would do something to make it more interesting, even if its something contrived like inverting the map
it was shorter than most indie metroidvanias and was frankly less interesting than a lot of them as well
still, a fine game, not worth the pricetag but everyone who cares about that could just pirate it anyways

It's AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1643892742415.webm (1920x1080, 410.98K)

Very good fucking game, filtered me hard til I got gud, practically near invented new swear words on Experiment X-27 or whatever its name is. Music sucks but whatever, turn it off and put on Super Metroid or Prime OST.

My Dad played this game recently and couldn't keep up with some of the boss stuff and its need for quick reflexes, took him a week to beat Raven Beak but he was super satisfied to do it. He asked for my help with X-27 (or whatever its name is) and I got immediate revenge on it for my own playthrough, that was satisfying. he also wanted help with the speedbooster puzzles, so that was fun to take turns playing those

GOTY 2021 hands-down

Attached: comfy mario.png (500x500, 223.58K)

Your dad is based

Still love it, still one of the best in the series. I love that it tried new things and moved the story forward. Dread also features some of the best character work for Samus, rivaling the Prime series in giving her strongly defined personality. I love this tired, cocky sadsack like you wouldn't believe.

Attached: chillin.jpg (1169x659, 93.02K)

I want Metroid 6. Fuck. I'd even buy DLC for Dread. Raven Beak prologue. Come on.

I NEED more metroid suit.

Attached: watermelon.jpg (600x337, 44.28K)

indeed he is, his favorite game is Zelda 2.

I hope they capitalize on its success with DLC, even if it's nothing terribly long, I just want more of this game.

More FREE DLC would be nice. Don't you fuckers give them any ideas.

as the first non-shit metroid in 14 years, i can't really complain.
it's more of a series i've always loved.
hopefully they learn from the mistakes they did make (primarily the forgettable music) for the next game.

it's a great game but being too linear is certainly a major flaw with it.

>>devs don't even kill any glitches without a good reason, which they publicly communicated the one time they did
They gave a reason for killing that glitch but it wasn't a good one. It's practically impossible to run into that glitch in a normal playthrough since you have to do a pretty specific set up for it to activate.

If it convinces ninty, mercury steam and sakamoto to make more (quality) metroid i'd pay for it, not gonna lie.

>Hollow Knight

You just couldn't fucking resist, could you?

I love the contrast between these two. Samus is confident and likes to style on opponents, but acts professionally and with appropriate caution. Raven Beak is arrogant and thus frequently makes mistakes, leading directly to his downfall. Such a classic hero/villain dynamic.

Attached: 665.jpg (1000x1044, 145.13K)

In what world you live that you pay $80 for games?

its the elephant in the room

Canada.

Mehtroid is a mid game
6/10

Generally not a fan of 2d side scrollers and I enjoyed what I played of it.

How can one man be so based?

Mediocre
Metroid is a series about exploration and isolation in exotic alien environments. Most of the areas were way too samey, and being set mostly in a station with little in the way of flora or fauna killed all of my desire to explore. No feeling of atmosphere at all. Mercury Steam just doesn't have any talent. The combat is a high note in a game that doesn't even play like a Metroid game. I'd give it a 7/10 but it's a pity fuck for being playable. As a Metroid game, I'd rank it among the lowest, above only the original, 2, and SR.

Absolutely GOATed. It may not have the most brilliantly designed map of Metroidvania, it doesn't really challenge me to retain information, but goddamn it's just fun to play. I almost never immediately play though games again after beating them the first time, but I blasted through Dread four times.

It's a Metroid game. It's not pretending to be otherwise or groundbreaking like the recent game that came out.

Attached: file.png (800x416, 117.05K)