Why was it hated?

Why was it hated?

Attached: 81oZQd5HSWL._SX466_.jpg (466x545, 53.15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cJMl3sa8yjU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I really don't like that we've hit the point where people are starting to defend Sonic 06

What the fuck

Because it's a Sonic game.

Really fucking bad optimization and fanfic tier plot

Sonic x humans

It's literally an unfinished game. The signs are all over what was released.

It was inevitable after seeing people defend Sonic Adventure. Every 3D Sonic is bad, and as time goes on, the oldest one gets more and more liked as Sonic's obvious sexual fandom somehow keeps growing.

Shadows story is genuine kino, its the only salvageable part of the game

OP should explain why he's trying to defend it in his bait thread, otherwise I'm answering his question with another question.

Attached: 1619545151771.jpg (184x184, 10.49K)

>Sonic story is he is a human girl's babysitter that he gets romantically involved
>everything in the game has extremely awkward collision
>all side characters have one gimmick that you just need to exploit to get their sections over with because the rest of their moveset doesn't work
>bosses like Iblis and Egg Genesis you walk around for 40 seconds until the boss lets you attack it
I think the only part of the game that actually works as intended is the final boss.

Unfinished buggy mess with a terrible story. Soundtrack is god tier though.

Because games in general and quality standards have gone into the fucking toilet in the last 16 years.
If 06 came out today it would have 85 on Metacritic bare minimum.

Controlled even worse than Heroes.

I'd rather play 06 than Heroes. Blazing hot take I know.

Then you're retarded.

Sonic Adventure 1 was worthless outside of Sonic's levels. Adventure 2 did fix some aspects, but outside of Shadow and Sonic's levels, there's not much of value in that, either. It was downhill from there until Sonic Unleashed.

I'd rather play Shadow than both.

I would too, Heroes is boring
Shadow is even more boring

06 is an insanely unfinished prototype for what could have been a decent game. Heroes is a later prototype for what was always going to be shit.

>How many times are you gonna run? I've captured you seventeen different times!
>I feel like it's going to be at least eighteen.

You're dumb.

If Cyberpunk and No Mans Sky were defended
Why cant sonic 06?

I don't care. 06 is terrible and it's not going to get better. It's Big Rigs tier.

It was unironically a better game than Heroes, Lost World, and Boom.

>It's Big Rigs tier.
It's not that bad.

It actually is getting better, thanks to games like P-06. We probably have them to thank for the recent surge in 06 apologists

it's not a better game but it's so bad it's interesting to play

>unreasonably long load times (>60s sometimes)
>extremely buggy gameplay (it was common to just fall through the world)
>gameplay was all over the place, and none was polished; between Sonic, Shadow, Silver, Tails, Knuckles, Sonic holding Elise, and Omega you had seven different types of gameplay
>boring, bland, linear levels
That said, Sonic "hitting rock bottom" lead to the creation of Boostshit, which is the best Sonic has played in 3D, so I guess Sonic 06 wasn't all bad; it paved the way for better games.

>Sega was so far up their ass they were actually planning to make a Silver standalone game after this.
Thank god it flopped honestly.

>Boostshit is the best sonic played on 3d
Yeah, you are the kind of guy that thinks 2 is the best too lmao

2 is an excellent iteration on Sonic 1 and Sonic 3 barely changed anything from it, all of its gameplay changes were in elemental shields and the two new playables (Tails was functionally identical to Sonic in 2)

3&K only wins on sheer content, but I'd put 2 above base Sonic 3

youtube.com/watch?v=cJMl3sa8yjU Thank goodness for this improving the game.