Literature and Film Professor says Video Games Aren't Art

Attached: animeshit.png (1193x179, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/YQTkYGheY_Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

literature isnt art. fuck reading.

This fag has obviously never played Holy Knight Ricca.

>Yeah [thing I don't like] is not a real art! I am intelligent!!

This midwit viewpoint has been debunked by Dr. James Russells.

Video games aren't art is the you didn't beat the game equivalent for actually educated and intelligent people.

>M rated games
nothing... personnel....

he's talking about anime and isnt even saying its not art, just that its unlikely to produce good art because generally the target demographic is teenagers. nothing wrong about of this

>10th art: video games
>In November 2012, the MoMA (the Museum of Modern Art in New York), decided to include 14 video games in its collection of works of art. Similarly, since 2011, the Supreme Court of the United States officially recognizes video games as an art. In France, it is since 2006 that the Ministry of Culture recognizes video games as a form of artistic expression and asks that it be considered as such. Today, the question of the consideration of video games as art still arises and many oppose it, yet video games are now legally and officially considered as an art.
>The designation “10th art” has also been claimed for digital arts in general: computer graphics, web design and video games.
Cope. All the old white boomers who said cinema wasn't art died off, the same thing will happen to people who lambast video games. You can't fight the tide.

Attached: t posing on yall bitchass niggez.png (1920x1036, 1.86M)

Was he right Any Forums?

Attached: 1618080103056.png (462x889, 282.57K)

Why do we even have threads like this? Ya there are tons of older people who have never played a video game besides super mario bros and maybe a COD and think thats all video games are. Also fun fact the more famous person to quote for this is roger ebert. Interestingly he thought almost no MOVIEs were art either and it takes alot of time for a medium to develop. He even said that he had no doubts a game would one day raise to his stupid standards for art he just didnt think any game at the time of him saying that had.

>typing random bullshit on a word document is art
>creating a fully functional video game with great music, visuals and possibly storytelling on top of all of that isn't

He's right. Tranime and manga are for children.

>man with degree says that something else he doesn't have a degree for isn't art.

>old man yells at clouds

I dont care what someone retarded enough to get a phd in litterature or film has to say-

>This thread again

Attached: 1638139045398.png (2077x1161, 813.65K)

Art is subjective depending on the perceived meanings of the individual, it is not a measurable science to which definitive qualities can be applied to

Attached: 1641559268070.jpg (450x450, 132.42K)

Everything he said could be equally applied to Netflix and Hollywood garbage too though.

>appeal to authority is some modern academia burger faggot
do you guys notice that it's the autistic calculated critic and professor types who say this dumb shit, but the people who actually create don't?

Boomer midair unwilling to conduct appropriate research concludes on the basis of a visit to Barnes and Noble that manga, anime and videogames never target an adult audience nor concern themselves with mature, developed themes and concepts. Academia is a joke nowadays.

I can prove it's art with simple mathematics.
1+1+1+1 = 4x1 = 4
Music = art
Graphics = art
Writing = art
Cinematography = art

Art + Art + Art + Art = 4xArt = ArtArtArtArt.

Not only are video games art, they are super art.

This question is still being pushed mostly due to the retarded nuance between "high art" and normal art. Only a genuine retard would argue that videogames & anime are not art, as they will be contradicting the very definition of art.

youtu.be/YQTkYGheY_Q

Art is art regardless of the quality, I wish more people understood this. A child can scribble their dad onto a piece of paper and that'd be considered art, but it's not necessarily good art for anyone that's not their dad/mom.
This argument is so fucking retarded and I'm sick of seeing it, fuck you.

Attached: nigger.gif (617x100, 1.52M)

>Christian College "professor" who teaches film 101
Lol
Lmao