We have accepted mediocrity

We have accepted mediocrity.

Attached: image.png (1024x1024, 1.25M)

I’m so fucking sick of Elden Ring. Soulsborne games are often held up as “the best ever”, and Elden Ring has plastered this board. Oh cool, yet another soulsborne game that just looks and feels like a copy of every other soulsborne game. I don’t get the hype for these over games with new and interesting combat mechanics like Horizon. Maybe it has something to do with the fact Horizon has some biting social commentary folks don’t like to think about.

Elden Ring looks exactly like every other Soulsborne game. Meanwhile, Horizon has unique combat with a wide variety of tools (Forbidden West DRASTICALLY increased the number of weapons and effects over the first without feeling like bloat, an impressive feat), and when anyone posts actual combat (as above in this comment chain) and expresses love for it, you faggots rip on them.

From a game design perspective, Soulsborne games just feel lazy to me. Their difficulty is artificially inflated by not telling you anything. That’s not good game design, it’s a lazy way to artificially pump up the difficulty.

No Switch port

What came before it is mediocrity this is the first masterpiece

Ok shazamtrannies lmao

no

Attached: 354deaa3770912621bb816da070346ab.jpg (258x245, 12.45K)

inb4 seething fromdrones

Reused assets and animations, the game.

Dark souls 3 Is unironically a better game all round.

it's exceptional

>fromdones
Shazamtranny discord buzzword detected

I think the game is good. It's just that the input lag and locked animations are what's holding it back. Animations should never interfere with gameplay. If I press a button my character should move immediately. It's not the early 2000s anymore. There's no excuses for bad game design. The reason why the bosses or any other enemy is difficult is because of how the controls are. Not because you messed up. You can properly time a roll or a guard counter and it won't come out.

Attached: against.jpg (2000x4324, 853.9K)

Its not bad

Elden Ring isn't as fun as just replaying any Dark Souls game. Even Dark Souls 2, as big of a mess as it is, is more enjoyable to me. The open world approach doesn't really feel good in Elden Ring, and the bosses feel like they were designed with an entirely different combat system in mind.

fucking horizon shills

We've always accepted mediocrity. Nothing has changed.

This. If it played like Sekiro none of the enemies or bosses would be a problem. Not even the delayed attacks would be an issue

Started Stormveil Castle after exploring Limgrave and while i think the castle is great, it really shows how weak the open world is. Limgrave is vast with very little to show for it besides some samey looking caves. Boring open field after boring open field.

elden ring is like 3 or 4 playthroughs of any other souls game. it makes sense that it wouldn't be much fun replaying it the second time considering it took me 100 hours to get through it. A game doesn't have to have incredible replayability when it's already so vast that one playthrough should satiate you

I'm just straight up not giving any more money to this company, ever, until this fucking hack is thrown out as director. I'm so fucking sick of dogshit game design being excused as "lol it's just hard it's just unforgiving it's a good thing!!!"

Consecrated snowfield is fucking shit. Playing through it is fucking shit. I would rather eat pig shit than play through this fucking garbage. Anyone signing off on this fucking trash should be fired on the spot and blacklisted from the gaming industry for life. And this isn't their first game, it's their 6th fucking game doing this horseshit.

> most accessible souls game to date, with plenty of ways to make it easier for normies
>this fag still can't beat it

Eden ring is a drawn out slog with a mass effect 3-tier payoff.
It’s worse than mediocrity.

Attached: 1641922499930.png (772x1025, 74.98K)

The difficulty is the only good thing left in the game.

Welcome to a decade ago.

wrong

Any Forums still loves hollow knight and most people still admit that undertale is a very good game

Elden Ring is deeply mediocre, therefore gets a lot more hate due to its popularity and normie-love

The difficulty comes from fighting the controller. Not the game itself.

woah... just like real life

consecrated snowfield took me like 3 hours. it's not that bad

If you guys hate the game so much, why did you play it? Why are you still playing it? Not like it matters anyway, Any Forums only has 3k unique ips on weekends, so its not like From is going to notice out of the 25 million copies sold

Attached: Plank.png (526x777, 268.34K)

>I can shoot blue fireballs from my ass. Just like real life

>moving the goalposts
I accept your concession

Imagine being an assblasted shazam tranny and having to watch the rest of the world continue to enjoy an industry defining masterpiece that you inexplicably hate for literal months while you continuously shuffle and reshuffle your same tired talking points in a hopeless attempt to get more trannies on your side.

The game starts with a guy riding a ghost horse and fighting giants in armor riding horses. What real life dumbass.

>mass effect 3-tier payoff.
Are you seriously implying the other Souls games had amazing endings or something?

Attached: 1585613456470.gif (498x266, 2.35M)

user I beat the game twice in 70 hours. First time without a guide and what I felt like was taking my time exploring, second time with a guide just to see shit I might've missed and trying a vastly different build.
The problem isn't replayability really, its that the game just isn't that fun, especially the bosses. Its not BAD, but I still find it falling short to the Dark Souls games. I still feel good when I beat a boss I still struggle with in the souls games, but in Elden Ring even the bosses I felt like I had a harder time with never left me feeling elated or happy that I finally beat them.

I have tried asking this too. But the answer basically boils down into "bro wtf I play for fun I don't need a reason are you autist??" or "I want to experience it" but what is the point of experiencing something you do not enjoy + if you wanna see endings just go to Youtube. I am convinced that most people do not like the actual act of playing a video game. Once they are done they will uninstall and wait for a new thing to get excited for.

>the game isnt realistic enough
>the game isnt unrealistic enough
Which is it?

you don't have to play Elden Ring
you can go back to your anime visual novels and games like boyfriend dungeon
you can even go play horizon forbidden fatface if you can get your gf's black bull to buy you a scalped ps5
so why don't you naysayers just fuck off?

The game wouldn't be that difficult if my character actually did what I wanted him to, is my point.

the fuck you're talking about? undertale is a piece of crap. Ooooh so meta.

The cult was stronger decades ago.

>its fine when zelda does it
both are open world but at least elden ring is less shitty than the other shit game.

Snoy cucks and ninties are really mad this game btfo horizon and botw like the trash they are.

lol I only saw people hating on Elden Ring on release because everyone who liked the game was playing it

The open world isn't well designed. Its not about realism. The open world is a bore to explore and to look at, the payoff for exploration most of the time is some dumb cave or catacomb. For example there is very little reason for limgrave to he as large as it is, all its nooks and tucked away areas pffer nothing. Ill give you an example, one of the bridges in limgrave has an under area, you cam explore it. You see a fireplace far away, you can work your way down there, there are a bunch of strong enemies and finally yoi can reach that far away fireplace only to find .......a turtle neck. No hidden areas, nothing interesting just more crafting ingredients.

What the fuck are you implying here?
That the endings for a game like DS3 were worse than
>Age of piss
>Age of shit
>Age of flaming shit
>Age of bioluminescent piss

Attached: 1648656530886.jpg (1024x576, 91.97K)

You really shouldn't be bringing up brand loyalty when shitfinite lost its entire playerbase faster than H4 (per capita if you count how many more players played the game on release). Get a pc if you want to feel superior, shitboxer.

undertale is unique and does what it does uniquely quite well

Filtered

Not an argument, zoom.

>it's only bad when mass effect 3 does it