How do I fix my ADD and lack of discipline to study/do gamedev?

How do I fix my ADD and lack of discipline to study/do gamedev?
I make great progress when I actually manage to sit down my ass for a few hours at once.

Attached: 1641159385240.png (478x707, 199.27K)

find a good chair or couch and decide whenever you sit there you go into study mode.

Talk to a doctor.

STOP BROWSING THIS SHITHOLE FOR ONE

Caffeine, also set weekly and monthly goals to achieve. Try arranging study sessions into 20 minute chunks.

There is no cure.

>tfw you will never get to play user's game because he was too lazy.

Put the phone down for five minutes.

When I was initially learning glass blowing I destroyed my phone and router so I wouldn't have net access for a little while. I couldn't afford to just go out and replace things so It kept me away from the net for awhile and forced me to focus.

(((ADHD))) is more properly termed interest-salient executive functioning. You have to want it more than you want anything else and it will naturally rise to the top of your stack. Learning to control your very wants is the key, so you must also want to control the wanting. If you can reach this point, meditation will be fun and effortless, and your focus muscles will grow. When your subconscious and conscious wants are identical, your entire being moves in the direction of the want-essence.
>t. (((diagnosed))) (((unmedicated))) engineer

Attached: 1648638802877.jpg (894x559, 92.78K)

Okay, for real, this shit works:
>create a checklist of study topics
>each item should be 1 or 2 minutes, very occasionally 5 minutes
>but a final item that's about 10 minutes
>should be maximum 30 minute schedule in total
>set a timer at the start of each item
>make sure the timer makes a clear "ding" sound
>you'll begin to associate the ding with progress
If you don't make it in time or don't feel you practices a specific item well enough, just repeat it. If you didn't have enough time in the day to do the whole schedule or something comes up, come back to immediately where you left off.

Make your list now, faggot. I've been doing this to learn an instrument but you could adapt it to gamedev as well if you're solodevving. Something like:
>1 minute writing a plan for a quick gamejam-style minigame (2D sprite game recommended). Keep it simple/short. You should be able to sum up your minigame in a sentence. You could alternatively clone a classic game instead (like Tetris or Pacman) if that's a clearer goal to reach for you.
>2 minutes opening your engine and slapping in basic shapes/primitives as placeholders and basic controls so you can move around
>2 minutes adding your first obstacle or powerup (depending on what your plan contained), does not have to be fully functional yet, just needs basic collisions and enough code to trigger an event listener or whatever
>5 minutes writing some code for whatever interactions you need and core gameplay mechanics
>2 minutes testing
>3 minutes fixing anything from testing (repeat previous 2 steps as necessary)
>10 minutes creating other assets. Keep animations to a minimum, your goal is to learn here not create a masterpiece.
>2 minutes importing assets
>5 minutes final touches, add a main menu and sounds/music if you have time. Make sure to build the game
Hopefully this makes sense, maybe an actual game dev could correct this template as I'm not sure how much allocated time would work for this sorta thing.

Thank you user. I need to get back into this drive as well. lost the drive somewhere a couple of years ago. Time to get back on track

Attached: d968fae684ca900888b2a4a5282cfa28-imagepng.png (496x640, 412.45K)

meditation alleviates my add somewhat

Forgot to mention, you're supposed to try and do this schedule every day (or each week at the minimum if you lack time)

Get your IQ checked. If below 110, you're unironically too stupid for gamedev.

sounds good, but you haven't provided a path to get there. I know my addictions to cheap dopamine hits are the main obstruction.

If that were true then Ubisoft would never release anything

nicotine, if that fails kys.

Get more sleep, shower more, chew gum and meditate/focus only on your breathing for a while.

I have done more things this morning thanks to lack of internet for a bit, than I would usually do

dont do gamedev as a job
get a normal job and keep it as a hobby

forcing yourself to do it will only produce shit